• Published 15th Jun 2020
  • 350 Views, 12 Comments

Brotherly Love - MlpHero



A collection of short stories featuring two changelings, one the older brother, the other, the younger

  • ...
2
 12
 350

Washing Off

A tiny Blue Fang sat in the cafeteria, eating on a plate of berries. He smiled and continued chewing. “Mm… These are so good!” he said, swallowing the berries. He looked at his brother. “What are these called, Brokey?”

Brokenwing smiled. “They’re called ‘raspberries’, Bluey,” he replied, taking a bit out of a piece of fish.

Blue looked at the fish, clearly interested in the smell. He looked at Broken who cut him a piece off. He gave him a piece, which Blue took a bite out of. “Mm!” Blue’s eyes closed and a smile formed on his face. “That tastes great!”

Broken chuckled. “Glad to hear that Bluey.” He grabbed the by now empty plates and walked over to deposit them. He walked back over to the table. He smiled at his little brother. “Hey Blue, guess what?”

Blue tilted his head. “What?”

Broken proceeded to boop Blue’s nose. “You’re It!” With that, he ran off giggling.

Blue blinked. “Hey! No fair!” Blue then chased Broken out of the cafeteria. He laughed as he chased his older brother through the halls. “Get back here!” He tried to catch up with the older changeling. He then proceeded to tackle Broken and nuzzled his neck.

“Hehehehe! Hey!” Broken giggled.

Blue smiled and placed his nose on Broken’s. “Heheh, you’re It!” Blue hopped off and ran off.

“Oh, you’re gonna get it now Bluey!” Broken called out teasingly. He smiled and ran after his brother. “Alright when I get you, I’ma snuggle you, c’mere!”

Blue dared a peek. He squealed as he realized how close his brother was. “No! How are you faster than me?!”

“Probably because you’re looking backwards.”

Blue rolled his eyes. “Oh please, there’s nothing in front of me!” he said, smirking. He looked ahead, and the smirk disappeared off of his face. He then tripped with a splash. “Oof!”

Broken slid to a halt. “Blue? You okay?”

Blue got up, covered in mud. He giggled and looked at Broken. “Hehehe! Safe!”

Broken couldn’t help but laugh. “Safe? Bluey, you covered in mud!” he said, smiling at his brother.

Blue nodded, an innocent smile on his face. “I know! Now you can’t give me ‘snuggle-wuggles’!” he said, blowing a raspberry.

“Oh, I’ll snuggle you alright.” He picked up Blue, “right after your bath.”

Blue went from giggling to wide eyes. “B-B-B-B-B-Bath?!” he asked as Broken plopped him down on his carapace.

“Yep. You need a bath,” Broken said, starting to walk towards their room. He felt Blue shivering on his carapace. “Blue?”

Blue then took off running. “I don’t wanna bath!”

Broken blinked and ran after him. He watched as Blue turned a corner. “C’mon Bluey! You need a bath!” he called out. He turned the corner and didn’t see his brother. He did see, however, a few rocks. He smirked and picked up one. He then brushed his hoof across the bottom. “Come on out Bluey,” he said, looking around. He picked up another. “Nope.” He picked up another. “Third time’s a charm.” But alas, the rock didn’t shapeshift into a blue-fanged changeling.

He sighed and walked off.

Unbeknownst to him, there was a blue-fanged changeling hidden amongst the rocks. In a flash of green, a changeling stood up. “Yes!” Blue cheered. “Free! I’m free!” He ran towards the exit. As soon as he turned the corner…

“Gotcha!”

“Eee!” he squealed as he was scooped up by Broken, who was hiding behind the corner. He squirmed and wiggled. “Let go!”

Broken shook his head. “Nope. It’s time for your bath,” he said very calmly, despite what he just went through. This time, he held Blue in a very tight grip.

Blue squirmed in Broken’s hooves. “I don’t need a bath! I can just shake it off!”

“Yes you do, and no. No you can’t,” Broken said, shaking his head. He looked up to their bedroom. “C’mon Blue, I’ll get the bath ready,” he said, walking into the room, much to Blue’s begs and pleas not to.

He plopped Blue into the tub and reached over to the tab.

“Please Broken! I don’t want a bath!” he said, trying to crawl out of the bath, which was polished and smoothed stone. The water pipes were connected to nearby lakes, ponds, and other water sources. Blue watched as the tub started to fill with warm water.

“There,” Broken said. “A nice, warm bath.”

Blue pouted, then splashed water into Broken’s face. Blue held back a laugh, which ended with him laying against one end of the tub and laughing. Broken pouted and splashed water into Blue’s face.

The young nymph spit up water. “Pfft! Hey!” Blue pouted. “What was that for?!”

“You did it to me,” the older changeling pointed out.

“But it’s funnier when it’s just you!” Blue whined, flailing his hooves.

Broken chuckled. He reached for a sponge and began washing the mud off of his little brother. Of course, Blue kept trying to move away from the sponge. Broken chuckled. “Now, your face,” Broken said.

“Mm-mm!” Blue turned his head away.

“C’mon Bluey. I gotta wash your face.”

“Nuh-Uh!” Blue shook his head.

Broken thought for a second. “Oh Bluey~ I have raspberries.”

Blue’s head snapped over. “Raspberries? Wher—” Broken put the towel in Blue’s face. “Hey— Ahh— Mmph! St-Stahp it! Ack!”

“No, I need to get the mud off of your face,” Broken said, wiping Blue’s face.

After a while, Broken took the towel off of Blue’s face. “Pfft! Ack!” He washed his face off with water, causing Broken to laugh. “Hmph. Are we done yet?”

Broken nodded and picked him up, wrapping a towel around him. He dried the tiny nymph off and threw the towel on a nearby rack. He then drained the tub and began walking towards the beds. Blue reached for his bed, only for them to pass it up.

“Hey, why aren’t you lying me in my bed?”

“Because you’re sleeping with me tonight,” Broken replied, trotting towards his bed. He laid down, the nymph gently trapped by his hooves.

“No! I’m too… too old for s-snuggle… wuggles…” Blue yawned and closed his eyes, nuzzling up to Broken.

Broken smiled and curled up next to him, slowly joining the nymph in his slumber.