• Published 15th Dec 2013
  • 4,742 Views, 19 Comments

My Little Human - XyroX



A human baby ends up in Equestria, and who'd be better to take care of it than Fluttershy?

  • ...
3
 19
 4,742

Chapter 4

The first time for days Fluttershy was able to sleep for a quite long time. When she woke up she was totally refreshed and looked inside the little box next to her. Olu was still sleeping, Angel right by his side. Fluttershy smiled and decided not to wake them up, instead she went into her garden to feed her other animal friends. She was just in the chicken coop when she heard somepony on the door, so she went around the house to take a look. It was a very tall stallion, wearing a suite with the royal emblem on it. In front of him he levitated a large crate in his magical grip.

“Um, hello? Can I help you?”

“Yes, are you Fluttershy? I have a delivery for a Miss Fluttershy here, coming from the Princess herself.”

“Yes, I’m Fluttershy. Do I have to sign something?”

“No, it’s alright. I also have this letter for you, Miss. Have a nice day!”

The stallion handed her the letter, put down the box and left. Fluttershy broke the royal seal, opened the letter and started reading.

‘My dear Fluttershy,
Here are the diapers you requested, I hope they’ll fit. The bed should be done tomorrow, I’ll send it to you the minute my carpenters finish. Also, I have commissioned some of my guards to ask around for anypony who could have more information about Olu, but don’t worry, none of them knows your name, so you won’t be bothered. I hope we can find out more about him this way, and maybe even find his real family.
If you have any questions, just send me a letter back. I wish you the best for your further time with Olu.
Princess Celestia’

It wasn’t the type of letter she expected from a princess. She thought, if the princess would send her a letter, it would be full of intimidating expressions and very formally. But instead, it was like a letter somepony would write to a friend. Fluttershy was nervous about this, she, a personal friend of the princess? How is a pony supposed to act in this case? She didn’t want to get into the spotlight somehow. On the other hoof, she didn’t expect that to happen, after all the princess didn’t want anypony to know about Olu, so she wouldn’t make Fluttershy show up somewhere anypony could find out about him.

Whatever was going to happen, she was glad she finally had the diapers for Olu, so she lifted the crate onto her back and went back into her house. She entered the living room and saw that Olu was awake, he sat in his box with Angel and played with the bunny.

“Aww, Angel, isn’t that cute? He really likes you!”

The bunny looked at her, a bit annoyed, but he wouldn’t try to make Olu stop. After all, Angel knew that he had a big responsibility, too, and he didn’t want to disappoint his best friend. Olu grabbed his long ears and was totally excited about the fact how fleecy they were, and when the little boy started laughing with his pure voice, Angels lineaments became softer and he smiled.

“Alright Olu, I’m sorry to interrupt you, but it’s time for you to eat something, I’m sure you’re hungry. Heeere comes the choo choo train!”

Fluttershy made the noise of a little train and began feeding Olu. After he finished, she made him burp like always, then she sat him back on the carpet and gave him the rattle, it was his favorite toy already. But before she could join his playing she heard a knock on the door. She sighed, why had these disturbances always have to happen at this moment? She stood up and walked to the door to open it. In front of her stood a lime green unicorn with a lyre as cutie mark and an excite sparkling in her eyes, almost crazy.

“Hey, Lyra. I’m sorry, but I actually don’t have a lot of time right now-”

“I know, Flutters. And I know what you’re hiding from me. Don’t think I couldn’t find a human if I hear about one in Equestria!”

“A what? Human? What’s that?”

“Don’t be silly. I know about your little friend. Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you or him, just let me inside and I’ll explain everything to you.”

The pegasus hesitated for a moment, but she knew Lyra good enough to know she wouldn’t ever harm any creature, pony or not. So she opened the door completely and led the unicorn into the kitchen where she couldn’t see Olu.

“First of all, you have to tell me everything about him. I promise I won’t talk to anypony about it, and then I’ll tell you everything I know about his kind.”

Fluttershy still wasn’t sure if she should trust Lyra about this, but she slowly got curious and wanted to know more.

“There isn’t much to tell. I found him during the storm the other day, and of course I had to take care of him. Due to this, I named him Olu, so please don’t call him an ‘it’ or something like that. He likes to drink milk, and he likes playing with his rattle, but that’s actually everything I know about him. Now it‘s your turn.”

She decided to not mention the princess and that even she didn’t know what Olu was.

“Well, that’s not much, but I’m sure you’ll find out much more once he grew up. Olu is a human, he’s part of a species nopony believes exists. But I knew they do, I knew it since I first took a look into this ancient book I found in the Everfree Forest! Nopony believed me, not even Bon Bon… But I was right all the time! Back to topic; He’s a human, and I think he isn’t older than a few weeks. It’s amazing how fast he grows here in Equestria, I mean if he’s really already able to play with this rattle on his own and even sit straight, that’s just unbelievable! Far as I know, human babies aren’t able to hold up their head for a quite long time, and it’ll take years for them to learn to walk, but maybe Olu will master that much faster. I’m sure that’s the magical influence of Equestria.”

“So aren’t these humans from Equestria?”

“No, no, they rule an entirely other world, a world without any magic. However he landed here, the source of this must be somewhere in Equestria.”

She stopped for a moment, looking like she was sunk deep in her thoughts. Just for a second, then she continued talking with pure excitement in her eyes.

“No matter how he ended up here, he’s real, he’s a real human! Maybe there will come more of them? I really hope so, so I can finally show everypony that I was right all along! But for now, nopony must know about him, otherwise you could get in deep trouble. There are groups out there that don’t like changes, especially drastic ones like this.”

“So you think, we’re in danger?”

“Not yet, not as long as you don’t talk to anypony about him. At least nopony you can trust out and out.”

“O-kay… but what’s more about these humans? Are they dangerous? Are they intelligent?”

“You sound like Twilight right now, I never knew you’d be this curious!” she laughed. “But to answer your questions: Yes, humans are very intelligent, they are social beings just like us ponies. Actually they have a lot in common with us. They live in houses, they can speak, I’m sure you can even teach him our language, and just like ponies there are good and bad humans. But with you as his foster-mother, I’m sure Olu will be just as kind as you are. Now to the physical parts: According to my studies, he will be tall, very tall, once he is mature. Humans walk on two legs and use their hands as multipurpose tools. They can do almost everything with them, grabbing things and use utensils discovering the world around them like Olu surely already started to do, and they use their hands as a part of communication, too. Especially on the emotional side, hands are very important for them. For example, a couple usually holds each others hands, a mother holds the hand of the younger children and so on.”

“So you say, they’re actually like ponies in another body?”

“Almost, yes. Humans don’t have wings or magic. They don’t need it, so they don’t care. All they’ve got is imagination, that’s why they have new inventions everywhere! I’d give everything to take a look into their world… all the technology they must have! The possibility to hold a comb with hands!”

Lyra continued this rapture a few minutes, making Fluttershy feel more and more uncomfortable. Was this unicorn really dreaming about being a human?

“Listen, Lyra, it’s really nice of you to tell me all this, but… I really don’t want to offend you, but I want to be a bit with Olu now, I’m sure I shouldn’t let him alone for too long. Is this alright to you?”

“Of course, I know how much he needs you in this state of development. If you want I can catch you up later again, and we’ll finish our conversation.”

“That would be great!”

“Alright then, see you later!”

The unicorn left without any more words, confusing Fluttershy even more. She just forced her to go somehow, and Lyra didn’t seem to care. Maybe she’s too busy with her daydreaming, or maybe it’s really because of Olu’s need of his ‘mother’. No matter what it was, Fluttershy was glad she had Lyra out of the house, though she felt terrible for that. To distract her from making self-accusations she went to the living room where Olu still sat on the carpet and couldn’t stop shaking his rattle, Angel by his side.

Comments ( 11 )

love the anthropology reference!

XyroX i got a question when will the next chapter for this story come out

3724133 As I already told Alejin below, I don't set myself a deadline or a schedule when I want a chapter to be done for this story. The chapters appear as soon as they're written, but that may take a while since I also have some other projects running plus my vacation time is almost over, so I'll soon have even less time to write. The much I needed the time pressure for my diaries, the less I need it here, so don't expect new chapters frequently.

4243096
I'm working on it, but since I don't have much time atm that may take a while :D

"Clicks on *read later*"

When You start to update again I will give it a chance.

You did not just take the anthropology song lyrics.

Login or register to comment