• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 917 Views, 5 Comments

The child of the Moon - TheEmpressEclipse



Celestia has challenged Luna to a science duel, but Luna needs a few additionl "items" for her project.

  • ...
3
 5
 917

I call it, Project Stellar.

Luna ran around her laboratory, grinning like the mad scientist she truly was, her hair fell into her eyes as she mixed chemicals and combined ingredients with her magic. Eventually she had everything mixed everything combined, and so she began to pour magic into the mixture, forming it, molding it. Sparks flew, small explosions occurred, and finally Luna threw her front hooves into the air as thunder clapped in the background, Luna roared "IT LIVES!"

*************************************************

Celestia had called Cadence, Twilight and, well Discord just showed up, to judge the duel. Luna and Twilight were jumping up and down with excitement, one ready to see her mentors handiwork, the other ready to show off her own. Celestia was obviously excited but kept up her regal composure, Discord was bored, and Cadence was confused. Twilight had set herself up as 'head judge', and prepared herself to be amazed (preferable by her mentor).

"Okay, Celestia show us what you've got!" Twilight said, trying her best to sound professional.

"Okay." Celestia said with a smug grin. She lifted the cloth to reveal.......A bucket of hoofpaint.

"Uhm, Princess Celestia, I-I don't mean to sound rude or anything like that, but hoofpaint has been around for centuries." Twilight said, sounding a little more than depressed.

"I know that Twilight, but this isn't hoofpaint, iiiiiits........ poisonous hoofpaint!" Celestia exclaimed with a grin, something inside of Twilight died.

"A-Alright." Twilight said pitifully. "Princess Luna, what do you have."

"YES! Its finally my turn!" Luna's face suddenly became serious, catching everyponies attention, she had a very large serving tray, she grasped the lid in her magic. "I call this, Project Stellar." She said as she lifted the lid to reveal.......................A baby colt, sucking his front right hoof. Cadence was the first to speak.

"Okay, he's adorable, but what does he have to with science?" Everypony nodded.

Luna scoffed at them. "First thing, foalbirth has A LOT to do with science!" Everypony winced at the thought. "And second, I MADE HIM!" She shouted happily, causing the colt to stir. Luna lowered her voice to a whisper. "Thats what I needed your blood for, so congratulations your all aunts, and, uncles. Oh, and I'm a mom!" Luna finished, Cadence gasped, Twilight gawked, Celestia fainted, and Discord just laughed at their reactions.

"Wait, I still don't understand why you needed our blood." Twilight said, snapping out of her shock for the sake of science.

"Well, you see, what I did was, I made you into key members of little Stellar's family. Thats wait I call him by the way. And you'll notice that he has traits from all of you! He has Cadence's purple tipped wings, Discord's eye colors, Chrysalis's eye shape and fang-"

"Wait wait wait." Cadence said, interrupting Luna. "You got a blood sample......from Queen Chrysalis.........how?"

Luna sighed. "You are forgiven for interrupting me. And as for Chrysie.........I stole it." Luna said smugly. "Anyway, he has General Tiberius's coat color, Constellations hair color, Twilight's magical ability, Celestia's love of bananas, and something from Blackheart, I probably don't want know either." Luna finished as Celestia regained consciousnesses.

"Wha-what did I miss?" She asked groggily.

"Oh well we had a pizza party, we even got one with bananas on it, but you didn't eat it so we threw it away." Discord said as a look of horror spread across Celestia's features.

"NOOOOO!" She wailed. "It was only BANANA PIZZA! It didn't have to DIE!"

Everypony laughed as Celestia weeped, until Luna cried in pain. Everypony turned to find Stellar giving Luna a free wing-piercing. "Ow, Stellar, stop that, bad bad colt." Luna cried as she pried him from her wing. "You'll get no bananas if you keep that up." She said, the infant stopped trying to bit her wing and reverted back to sucking his hoof. "There's a good colt."

"Luna, isn't 'no bananas' a little too much, I mean, yes you should punish him, but, 'no bananas' is kinda cruel." Celestia said, tears still present in her eyes.

"For you maybe, but personally I hate them and think Stellar should eat more oranges. But anyways," She said turning to Twilight. "who won the science duel?"

************************************************

Luna walked back to her room, an award in her magical grasp, and Stellar asleep on her back. Luna slowly opened her door, so as to not awake the sleeping colt or the guard posted outside of her room, she walked gingerly inside, and just as carefully, closed the door. She set her award on a shelf with all the others, and put Stellar, her son, into the the sleeping chamber that she had made for him, it was a giant midnight blue egg that laid on its side and opened down its middle, inside were pillows and cushions made with the softest feathers and the strongest pale blue silk, and the part of the sleep chamber that opened had a mural of the night sky that even moved. Luna gently laid the colt down, she reached out with her magic and grabbed something off the top her nightstand and laid it down next to Stellar, it was an Ursa Minor, it was her's when she was a little filly. She smiled as he grabbed the toy and began chewing on its ear, Luna leaned in and kissed his forehead, then she closed the chamber and went to bed, after all, it was eleven A.M.

*************************************************

Luna awoke to a 'tugging' feeling in her heart, she wasn't too worried about that, it just meant she had to raise the moon and arrange the stars. She was worried though, would she be a good mother to Stellar, she had never thought of that before, what if she couldn't cut it? What Equestria Services took him away? Wait, they couldn't do that, she was Princess. She sighed to herself and climbed out of bed, slowly she made her way to the sleep chamber and opened it, only to be attacked by a toy biting-baby Alicorn thing-hug, Luna giggled as she returned the hug, Stellar climbed on to her head as she stepped onto her balcony and began the night.

"Come now little one, its time to eat." She said as she exited the room and headed for the Dinning Hall.

**************************************************

Luna walked into the Dining Hall and took a seat as a butler came with her meal. Luna set set a few pillows on the seat next to her and sat Stellar on them, she grabbed a couple bananas from the bowl in the center of the table, and gave them to the squirming colt. Luna looked around and realized that Cadence, Twilight and Discord were also seated at the table, and Celestia looked as though she was about to tell everypony that she had a terminal illness. Tension was starting to flood the castle when Discord popped a balloon. Celestia sighed.

"Luna, I have something very important to say." She said as she looked to the others for help.

"Yes Tia, what is it?" Luna asked with concern.

"Well......you see...." Celestia struggled to find her words. "We took a vote and......." She bit her lip. "and we.....decided you couldn't keep him-"

"I voted against it!" Discord said as he stood up. "Its totally unfair, like being turned to stone!"

"You......you WHAT!" Luna shouted. "You can't decide that! You have no right to do that! I won't let you do whatever it is you plan on doing!" She said, tears forming in her eyes.

"Luna, please-" Celestia began.

"No, I will not let you take him away." Luna said forcefully.

"Luna, listen to me-" Celestia tried.

"Why, why should I-" Luna started.

"BECAUSE HE'S JUST A SCIENCE PROJECT!" Celestia shouted. There was silence for a long time, Luna couldn't speak, she just sat there with a deep frown and tear filled eyes that glared hatefully at Celestia.

Luna grabbed a knife in her magic and cut Stellar's hoof, he cried and lashed out at the knife. Luna rose from her seat, laid the knife down and put Stellar on her back. "Since when do science projects bleed and cry." She said as she trotted from the Dinning Hall.

"See, I told you this would happen, I told you this idea would only drive her away." Discord said as left the Dinning Hall. Cadence and Twilight also left the room. Celestia watched them go, she didn't want to see Luna like this, but there was no way she could take care of a foal, she could barely take care herself. Celestia knew she was doing the right thing, Luna would just have to forgive and forget, she'd get over it. Celestia hoped.

******************************************

Luna paced around her room, she had put a Band-Aid on Stellar's hoof and let him take a nap, Celestia couldn't be serious, there was no way Luna would ever let her take him away. The same thoughts went through her head for hours, until Stellar woke up and began crying, Luna picked him up and cradled him until he fell asleep, she put him back into the sleep chamber and closed it. The only way Celestia was going to take Stellar was by foalnapping .

************************************

Celestia woke up to a tugging sensation on her heart. She rolled out of bed, landing on her hooves with a soft 'thud'. She walked to her balcony and forced the sun into the sky, then she went to the bathroom to clean up. After an hour of fighting a comb through her mane, she stepped out into one of the many grand halls of Canterlot Castle, she walked for a bit, until she came across a door made from Everfree wood, it was Luna's door.

Celestia considered knocking but decided against it, and continued on her way. She signed paperwork in her office for a couple hours before heading to the Dinning Hall for breakfast. Cadence, Twilight and Discord were already there, but Celestia knew Luna wouldn't be joining them. She walked regally over to her seat and sat down, the butlers served them but the only one eating, also the only one with a clear conscience, was Discord. The room would have been silent, but Discord didn't have very good table manners and was making a racket, eventually he finished his 'Cotton candy-chocolate chip-maple syrup soup', and burped contently.

"Sooooo........what are you going to do now?" Discord asked. "Foalnap Stellar? Force Luna into giving him up? I must say Celestia, you've dug yourself into bigger hole than even I could have." Discord said in an almost serious tone.

Celestia hung her head, she knew he was right, but Luna couldn't handle a foal. She was about to leave when Twilight spoke. "Princess Celestia is only looking out for Princess Luna's best interests." Twilight declared. "Princess Luna has never even been a mother before, AND she's still adjusting to the whole one thousand year time skip, there is no way that Luna is prepared for such a task!" Twilight finished, slamming her hooves on the table for emphasis.

Discord shook his head slowly. "And how, exactly, would YOU, know when somepony is or isn't ready to take care of a foal. In fact, I remember everypony saying that I would be a horrible father, but my son turned out great, even by your standards." Discord said.

"YOU were a FATHER!" Cadence and Twilight shouted at the same time.

"Yes, only once though, I couldn't marry again, not after my Feather died." He said with a disheartened sigh. Twilight and Cadence looked at each, and silently swore to never bring up that subject.

Just then, Luna walked into the room, her mane was messy and her eyes were red from crying. She looked at everypony except Celestia, only Discord returned her gaze. A butler entered the room with a tray of pancakes, french toast, salad and a glass of orange juice, Luna gently took the tray in her magic and grabbed a couple bananas from the fruit bowl on the table. Celestia dared to look up and caught Luna's eye, they locked eyes, Luna's glare sent Celestia back a thousand years to when she first lost her dear sister. Eventually, Celestia couldn't take her sisters hateful glare, and her eyes retreated to her untouched breakfast, Luna whirled around and walked out, leaving silence to reign in the room. After a while Discord let out a sigh and stood, slowly walking to Celestia.

"Its never a good idea to step between a bear and her cubs." Discord said wisely. "Not even I would do that." He finished as he strolled away.

Celestia got up and walked out of the room, tears streaking down her cheeks and staining her pristine white coat. Twilight and Cadence watched her leave before Twilight broke the quiet. "Cadence, what are we doing?" Twilight asked, much to Cadence's confusion. "We don't have any right to tell Luna that she can't keep her son, the whole reason we said she couldn't was because WE didn't think she could handle being a mother and that Stellar wouldn't get the care that he needs. But if he's sent away, he won't get the mother that he needs!" Twilight finished with a sob as tears raced down her cheeks.

Cadence sighed and nodded her head. "I agree, and besides, Luna might be a better mother than we expect."

*******************************************************************

Luna ate her breakfast silently, she had to sing Stellar to sleep, even though he was clearly tired, being the Prince of the Night he also needed to sleep during the day. She gulped down the rest of her orange juice and yawned loudly, she was about to get into bed when she decided to check on Stellar, she walked over to his sleep chamber and quietly opened it, her gentle smile melted into fear as she opened it further. Stellar was gone.

Author's Note:

Finally! I'm back to this story.