• Published 28th Mar 2014
  • 917 Views, 5 Comments

The child of the Moon - TheEmpressEclipse



Celestia has challenged Luna to a science duel, but Luna needs a few additionl "items" for her project.

  • ...
3
 5
 917

Where is my son!?

Luna did a magical scan of her room, he wasn't there. She scanned her wing of the castle, then she scanned the whole castle, then she scanned the whole city of Canterlot. She would have scanned all of Equestria but she couldn't focus enough to do that. Luna threw her bedroom door open, waking the guard, she knew somepony who knew where Stellar was. She shot off in the direction of the throne room, it wasn't long before she reached the giant doors that Celestia was no-doubt hiding behind.

She pushed ahead, flying past the guards and slamming her front hooves into the doors, forcing them aside. Celestia was having court and there was a small group of ponies in front of her who screamed in terror when they saw Luna, they all charged out of the room before Luna had even spoken. "CELESTIA! WE HAVE LONG SINCE KNOWN THAT THOU ART A FOOL, BUT TO DO WHAT THOU HAST DONE IS BEYOND FOOLISHNESS! RETURN HIM TO US OR THOU SHALT PAY!" Luna boomed in her Canterlot voice.

"Lu-Luna? Wh-what are you t-t-talking a-about?" Celestia stuttered.

"THOU DENY THAT THOU HAST FOALNAPPED OUR SON STELLAR?" Luna questioned.

"WHAT!? No no no! Luna I-I couldn't, I wouldn't! I was planning on giving him up for adoption, not foalnap him!" Celestia defended herself. Luna lowered herself to the ground, she was calmer now, but still furious and worried for her son's safety.

"If you did not take him, than who has? And where is he?" She said trying to keep the tremor from her voice, she did not succeed, tears began streaking down her cheeks and dropping to the floor. Her lips began to tremble and sniffling ensued. Celestia couldn't stand to see her dear sister in such a state, she moved quickly from her throne and wrapped a wing around Luna.

"Luna, I promise you that we will find him, I promise." Celestia whispered gently into Luna's ear. She broke the embrace and looked down at her sister. "Where was he last? Maybe we can find out who took him and where they went." Luna nodded her head and took off, heading back to her room with her sister close behind her. The guards outside of the throne room where still confused, so when both Princess Celestia AND Princess Luna charged out, the older of the two, knowing how strange things could get in the castle, just quit on-the-spot. Luna once again threw open her door and barged into her own room, again waking the guard, she led her sister over to Stellar's sleep chamber. Celestia scanned the chamber and looked to Luna.

"There is no traces of magic." She said, causing her sister to mope even more. "Luna don't you see? There is absolutely NO trace of magic. Not many ponies can use magic so powerful that it can erase all traces of magic. Lets see, everypony in the Royal Family can, perhaps some scattered Alicorns, maybe a large group of extremely powerful Unicorns, every single Zebra on Equuis working together, the Changlings, the Crysta-"

"The Changlings!" Luna shouted. "I bet Chrysie found out that I stole a sample of her blood."

"That's probably a good place to start." Celestia said as she charged out of the room. "TWILIGHT!" She bellowed. Not too far down the hallway a door swung open and fell off its hinges, Twilight half-flew half-sprinted out of the room and nearly ran into Celestia. "Twilight I need you to run the kingdom while I'm gone, don't worry I shouldn't be gone long!" She said as she put her crown on Twilight's head, the poor little Alicorn was still trying to form sentences. "BYE!" Celestia and Luna shouted as they both rushed past her, Twilight turned, her mouth moved up and down but still no words were forthcoming. Celestia and Luna jumped out of the closest balcony and took to the sky, heading south towards the Badlands, and the Changling Empire.

*************************************

They flew for hours, it seemed as though they would never reach the Changling homeland, and Celestia could sense Luna's anxiety growing with every wing-beat. She wanted to comfort her sister, but she knew no words could truly comfort Luna. She felt like such a fool, she had actually considered doing something like this, she, Princess Celestia, the mare everypony in Equestria looked up to, had actually considered foalnapping her sisters son. She didn't feel like a fool anymore, no, she felt worse, she felt like a criminal.

Celestia didn't notice but she was slowing down, she didn't even notice when she stopped completely, she was so disgusted with herself that all she could think of was mentally beating herself up, then she felt something brush against her shoulder, she looked up to find Luna hovering in front of her, tears staining her deep blue coat. Luna reached down and grabbed her older sisters hoof with her own and motioned that they should continue. And so they moved on, finally the Changling Empire came into view, Celestia and Luna paused, just to prepare themselves a bit. Celestia began to move, but was stopped by her sisters hoof.

"We probably shouldn't barge into the Changling Empire spells-a-blazing," She said. "I suggest we both use the 'Ghost' spell."

"Good idea." Celestia agreed. They both charged their spells and cast them, their bodies were engulfed in a brilliant blue light, which faded quickly, to anypony not using the 'Ghost' spell it looked as though they had just vanished. Celestia and Luna, however, could see each other, well at least a ghostly form of each other. Luna looked to her elder sister and nodded her head as a signal to move forward, they surged towards the castle each with a glimmer of hope growing in their hearts, if Stellar wasn't here Luna would be utterly broken and Celestia would be torn.

They made it to the castle wall and flew straight through it, the 'Ghost' spell never ceased to amaze Celestia, it allowed her to fly through walls, ponies, even shield spells, but she couldn't focus on that, she had a mission, and if she failed it she probably wouldn't be able to live with herself. They flew through halls and corridors, and places they couldn't name, the place was a giant maze, they were trying to find the throne room, but it wasn't going the way they had hoped, they were completely lost. Luna was frantic, and it was getting contagious, finally though, they found the throne room, its doors were big, black, and sickly green.

The two shot through the massive double doors faster than lightning, Chrysalis was just sitting on her throne looking bored, Luna's face was practical glowing with rage. Celestia and Luna dropped their 'Ghost' spells and cast sleep spells on all the guards before anypony had time to react, then they sealed the doors, they converged on the throne and very scared Changling Queen. Chrysalis cast a shield spell around her, summoned her rapier and prepared a fireball spell before she felt safe enough to speak.

"P-P-P-Princesses, w-w-what are you d-d-doing here?" She stuttered. She definitely didn't sound innocent.

"Chrysalis, you will die in approximately one minute if you do not answer this question." Luna stated in an overly-calm voice. "Where is my son?" Celestia noticed Luna's eye twitching, she was clearly doing all she could to not kill Chrysalis at this moment.

"I-I-I don't k-k-know what your t-t-talking about." Chrysalis replied, looking around like she was guilty. Luna's hoof began to tap rapidly.

"Forty seconds Chrysie!" Luna's ear began twitching.

"I-I-I didn't even k-k-know you had a s-s-son." Chrysalis was sweating like she was trapped inside of the sun.

"Thirty seconds, use them wisely." Sparks began shooting out of Luna's horn.

"W-W-When did y-y-you get m-m-married?" Chrysalis was vainly trying to change the subject.

"Twenty seconds." Luna started walking forward.

"Y-y-ya know I-I-I always t-t-thought you would l-l-look good in a w-w-wedding dress." Chrysalis backed up into her throne more.

"Ten seconds." Luna shot a pure blue beam of light from her horn shattering Chrysalis' shield. The Changling Queen cast her fireball spell but it was blocked by Luna's own shield spell. Luna began counting down, Chrysalis was starting to hyperventilate. She broke when Luna got to two.

"Okay! I did it! I took the colt!" Chrysalis screeched. Luna looked angrier. "B-B-But I didn't hurt him! I swear on my life!"

"Where is he!" Luna said in a not-so-calm voice.

"I-I-In my room." Chrysalis was almost visibly shrinking into her chair. Luna shot out of the room without even casting the 'Ghost' spell, she didn't care if she was spotted, all she wanted was her son. Celestia stayed with Chrysalis, however.

"So, Chrysie, why'd you do it?" She questioned the still terrified Queen.

"W-W-Well when I found out that Luna had stolen my blood, I wanted to get her back, so I followed her, but then I saw Stellar and he was so cute, and technically he's my son too, so I took him." Chrysalis answered, still cowering in her throne

"Wait, what do you mean he's your son too?" Celestia asked, genuinely confused.

"Well he's made with my DNA, so technically he is my son....... As well as yours, and the others." She answered nervously.

"Huh, I had never thought about that. Huh." She said as she began walking away. Celestia stopped and turned her head to look at Chrysalis, than she grabbed the Queen in her telekinetic grasp and left the room, following Luna's magic. After a long walk, she found Chrysalis' room and Luna sitting on the floor cradling Stellar in her front hooves, the colt playfully attacked her flowing mane. Luna was crying, but it was from pure joy. Celestia dropped Chrysalis and entered the room, drawing the attention of both mare and foal, she looked at her sister and nephew and smiled and then turned her gaze to the disgusting Changling floor and frowned, closing her eyes, she let her bottled up tears flow.

Luna probably wouldn't forgive her, she didn't really deserve forgiveness anyway. Then she felt something tugging on her mane, she opened her eyes, and found Stellar looking up at her with his head cocked to the side, he looked confused. Celestia couldn't help but smile at the sight of him, when Stellar noticed the smile he also smiled and tackled Celestia in a hug, or at least he tried to tackle her, he succeeded in the hug. Celestia fell back onto her haunches and wrapped her front right leg around the colt, returning the hug. Luna smiled at the sight, then she walked out of the room and grabbed Chrysalis who was trying to retreat.

"Chrysie, while I was on the moon, I learned how to control my temper, so I will not blast you into millions of little Changling pieces." Luna said in a sweet, almost motherly tone. "In fact, I even forgive you! I'll even call you Stellar's aunt!" Her face suddenly changed to an indescribable look that made Nightmare Moon look adorable and innocent. "But if you EVER do something like this again!" Luna raised her hoof to her own neck and moved it across, while making a horrible gurgling sound as though her throat had truly been slit. "Understand?" Luna asked. Chrysalis nodded her head rapidly, Luna nodded once in return and walked back into Chrysalis' room to join in the hug. This is what Luna had been waiting for, she was just sorry it took a foalnapping to make it happen. Now it was time to come home, with her family.