• Published 27th Apr 2012
  • 5,279 Views, 220 Comments

Gentle Red - Collins4112



Due to a series of events Big Macintosh and Ditzy/Derpy meet

  • ...
12
 220
 5,279

party

Our story continues on the next night, just before Ditzy and Carrot Top head off to the party.

Do I look okay, Ditzy asked herself. She felt self-conscious; she didn't like drawing attention to herself even though she did it all the time; most of the time it wasn't for good things.

"You look great!" Carrot Top complimented. Ditzy went wall eyed as she blushed. Ditzy turned her attention to Dinky, who was standing next to her mother.

"Now, Dinky, you'll be good for Nurse Redheart right?" Ditzy asked with a warm smile; she already knew the answer her "muffin" would give.

"Yes, mommy." Dinky said with a hop. Ditzy nuzzled her daughter affectionately. A knock came from the door and Ditzy went to answer it. Nurse Redheart stood on the threshold of the door.

"Hello Nurse Redheart." Ditzy greeted the white pony. The medical pony took a few steps into the small home.

"Hello Ditzy, Carrot Top." Nurse Redheart said in her gentle yet stern voice. Dinky pressed her small unicorn body into the side of her mother.

"Say hello Muffin." Ditzy said gently and pushed Dinky in front of Nurse Redheart.

"Hello." Dinky looked down in her shy way. Nurse Redheart didn't look effected by Dinky's shyness.

"Oh Ditzy, this can't be the little filly that I heard loves fun." Nurse Redheart put on a sly smile.

"Fun! I like fun! Tell her Mom!" Dinky hopped around. Ditzy, Carrot Top, and Nurse Redheart shared a chuckle.

"I know you like fun, but you'll have to have lots of fun with Nurse Redheart to prove to her that you like fun." Ditzy said with playfulness in her voice. Dinky hopped around Ditzy. Dinky was getting really excited for the night ahead. "Now, Nurse Redheart how much do you want per hour?"

"7 bits an hour sounds fair?" Nurse Redheart asked. Ditzy cringed; the whole night was going to be expensive. I can afford it... I think.

"That sounds fair." Ditzy said tring to hide her concern with the price. Ditzy knew that if she asked Nurse Redheart would lower the price but she hated looking poor.

"Okay. Well you girls have a good time." Nurse Redheart said. Carrot Top pushed Ditzy out the door, to get Ditzy stop giving Nurse Redheart special instructions and information on her unicorn daughter.
_________


Loud music, lots of dancing, and fun in overdrive, a typical Pinkie Pie party. Dizty watched the other ponies have fun dancing. Ditzy could dance... Well, she usually crashed into other ponies so she was content watching her best friend have fun dancing.

Ditzy had figured out why it was an adult pony party. There was alcohol. Ditzy walked over to the drink table. She looked down at the punch bowl. She had never had any sort of alcohol before. She eyed the bowl. She wanted to smell it to make sure it was okay. She leaned in a bit too far, falling face first into the purplish punch.

She drank in large amounts of the liquid as she desperately attempted to breath. Then she felt a hoof pull on her scruff pulling her up and out of the bowl.

"Jeeze Derpy I didn't know you liked the punch that much." It was Rainbow Dash, who was one of Ditzy's oldest "friends." Using the word friend was a stretch. Rainbow wasn't exactly the kindest pony but she tried to be nice... Sometimes.

"I... I feel funny." Ditzy said as she went wall eyed but for whatever reason she couldn't get her eyes to refocus. Rainbow Dash slapped her on the back.

"That’s what it will do to ya!" Rainbow Dash yelled. She took a long drink of the punch and flew off to party some more with the Elements of Harmony.

"Yeah! I have to be more careful!" Ditzy said in her happy voice to prove (to herself) that she was just fine with Rainbow Dash’s teasing.

Ditzy felt dizzy. She stumbled around until she found her original standing spot. She tried very hard to refocus her eyes but couldn't seem to manage it. I shouldn't let this stop me from having a good time!

She trotted unsteadily to the edge of the dance floor. She looked down at her hooves trying to keep in beat with the music. She was doing alright considering her situation. Alright Ditzy just keep yourself in check lest we have the same accident as last year.

Ditzy just was getting into the hang of it, when Carrot Top came over with a stallion. He had a brown coat with an hour-glass cutie mark.

"Hey Ditzy, having fun?" Carrot Top asked. Ditzy though for a moment, she was actually having fun.

"Yes I am." She said with a large flap of her wings to make her point.

"That’s great. This is my new friend... Doctor Whooves was it?" Carrot Top inquired to the stallion.

"You’re a doctor?" Ditzy asked suprised. “Do you work with Nurse Redheart?"

"No, my dear, I'm not that kind of Doctor. I study... Well that's not important." Dr, Whooves said with an air of arrogance in his voice. The doctor walked away uninterested in the conversation the two mares were having.


"I'm so happy for you Carrot Top, a date with a doctor!" Ditzy said excitedly. Carrot Top was just as excited if not more than Ditzy.

"I know! I'll have to go get my hair done and maybe get something from Rarity." Carrot Top hopped around like a school filly. "We should find you a date! Then we can double date!"

"Well, I don't know..." Ditzy said nervously. But Carrot Top I scare stallions off because of my eyes. She would never tell her best friend that though. "Maybe...”

"Howdy, Miss Doo." Said a deep and slow voice, She looked around to see Big Macintosh with a sprig of wheat in his mouth. "Y'all enjoying the party?"

"Yes, thank you Mister Macintosh." Ditzy called back, her eyes still stuck in wall eyed mode so she couldn't clearly see him. Mister Macintosh sounded strange to hear; this was confirmed when he chuckled.

"No one has ever called me Mister Macintosh before. Thank ya kindly but Big Macintosh or Macintosh will do, Miss Doo." Big Macintosh chucked at the remark he made.

Ditzy felt funny when he laughed… his deep rumbling laugh seemed genuine and she enjoyed it. "You can call me Ditzy."

"Ditzy? Well, alright. My apologies miss ah haven’t introduced myself." He held a hoof out to Carrot Top who blushed and took it, “Ah’m Big Macintosh."

"I'm Carrot Top." Carrot Top said giddily.

"Well, I got to go watch my sister; she tends to take drinking too far." Big Macintosh gave them one of his half smiles the made Ditzy's insides feel warm. Why am I feeling this way?

She was still lost in her thoughts when Carrot Top put a hoof on her shoulder.

"I can't believe he just came up and talked to us! He's usually so shy, that more words than I've ever heard him say." Carrot Top ranted, "I mean he talked to us! He’s just so...so..."

"Nice." Ditzy said absentmindedly. She covered her mouth with her hooves she hoped Carrot Top didn't get the implication from that.

"Well, I would have said hunky but nice works too. But he is hunky I mean look at that flank...”

"Carrot Top!" Ditzy said loudly blushing hard. She had been looking at it too but she wouldn't ever admit it.

"Oh come on, I see you looking." Carrot Top gave a light pat on Ditzy's shoulder. "Come on, let's go dance."

Carrot Top pulled Ditzy on to the dance floor. Ditzy got into the motions of dancing again. She heard Vinyl Scratch put on another song, faster paced song with deep beats. Ditzy tried to keep up with the music but she felt the alcohol lurch in her stomach again. She fell a bit sideways then lost her balance completely. She expected to crash to the ground but felt large hooves under her.

"Ah think y'all might of had too much of that punch, Ditzy," Macintosh set her upright as he spoke. She was struggling to maintain balance; her crossed eyes were not helping either, "Ditzy, y'all alright?"

"I um think so!" She said happy. Her mind was being muddled by the alcohol. She had to lean on Big Macintosh to stand up right.

"Nope," He said sternly. "When the party ends would y'all like me to walk y'all home?"

"No, I think I'll be okay." Ditzy said as she attempted to stand. She managed it but only for a moment before she stumbled into a group of ponies, "Oh sorry."

She looked back at Big Macintosh. Who, to her surpise, wasn't laughing at her, like other ponies were (but that rarely bothered her anyway), he just had an eybrow raised. Then he trotted off to another part of the party.

---------

Ditzy managed to hold herself together and even managed to have some fun. Ditzy had even met some new ponies she had never talked to before but she still felt woozy from the punch.

"Ditzy! There you are! Do you think you can get home okay by yourself?" Carrot Top said in a rushed. "I have something to do."

Ditzy didn't even have time to think before Carrot Top said, "Good. Thanks Ditzy!"

Carrot Top bolted out of the party room. Ditzy looked around to see Pinkie Pie and the Elements of Harmony cleaning up. Ditzy thought about helping but they wouldn't want her help anyway. She was lost in her thoughts when a hoof tapped her on the shoulder.

"Miss Doo."Big Macintosh said gently, "Ah mean Ditzy. My offer still stands, would you like an escort home?"

"I wouldn't want to impose." She said, she did want an escort home but she would be much more comfortable with a mare for obvious reasons.

"It wouldn't impose. Ah have to escort them home too." He said with a chucked and pointed to at about half a dozen mares a bit behind him. "They had a bit too much punch too."

______

Big Macintosh led the mares to their homes.

"Is this it Miss Heartstrings?" Big Macintosh asked. Heartstrings leaned in close to him.

"You want to come inside?" She said in a tone that sounded strange to Ditzy.

"Nope. Thank y'all for the offer." He said with a bead of sweat on his brow as he nervously adjusted him yolk on his neck, "But ah still got to get Ditzy home."

Heartstrings hurphed and walked into her house. Big Macintosh sighed. The mares had been doing that to him all night. Ditzy stared at him with her eyes still stuck in wall-eyed mode making it hard to focus. He turned to Ditzy and his expression softened.

"You ready to head home?" Big Macintosh asked in his deep yet gentle voice.

"Yes, I should be getting home to Dinky." Ditzy said as they walked side by side.

"Who's Dinky?" Big Macintosh inquired.

"My daughter, she's such a sweetheart." Ditzy said and the thought of her daughter had brought her eyes back to normal.

"Oh ah didn't realize you’re married. Ah'm sorry for calling you miss," Big Macintosh with a slightly disappointed look on his face. Ditzy wondered why he would be disappointed if she were married.

"I'm not." Ditzy said in a very small voice.

"Oh Ah'm sorry..." He said then she saw a flash if realization on his face. They kept on trotting along in silence.

"Ah know my opinion doesn't matter much, ah'm just a simple farmpony, but ah think that; that is dog-gone wrong thing to do to such a pretty mare." Big Macintosh said.

"I..." Dinky started to say. Wait, did he just call me pretty? Oh, he was probably just being nice.

Before they realized it they arrived at Ditzy's rather small home.

"Thank you for taking me home." She said quickly and bolted inside. Big Macintosh sighed and began to trot away. Ditzy stared at him from the window a moment then sighed, alright go for it!

She flung the door open and flew after him. She opened her wings and caught up with him, then gave him a peck on the cheek before flying quickly back into her house.

Why did I do that! Stupid stupid stuipid, Ditzy thought to herself.

"Ditzy? I that you," called Nurse Redheart from deeper inside the house.

"Yes it's me, Nurse Redheart." Ditzy replied as the white medical pony came out into the living area.

"Oh good. Dinky was just a little sweetheart." Redheart sighed, "It truly was a delight. Now, the agreed upon price, that would be 35 bits."

Ditzy winced a little but paid Nurse Redheart in full. "Thanks for watching Dinky."

"No problem dear. Thank you very much." Nurse Redheart took the bits and trotted out the door.

Ditzy went to go check on her daughter. She trotted over to Dinky's room, and she opened the door to look at the small unicorn filly. She heard her daughter stir. She closed the door and trotted off to her own bed.

Thank you for reading. I would like to thank all the support that everyone is giving and I would like to thank my beta reader. Please if you have idea suggestions or fixes please lt me