• Published 27th Apr 2012
  • 5,278 Views, 220 Comments

Gentle Red - Collins4112



Due to a series of events Big Macintosh and Ditzy/Derpy meet

  • ...
12
 220
 5,278

Abort

Hello everyone. I've got into a habit of typing these chapters so I hope I update fast enough for you. I thank my faithful reviewers and my great beta reader.

We rejoin Ditzy soon after she learned of her pregnancy.

Ditzy smiled to herself. Big Macintosh had made her breakfast before he went off to work. He had been doing that a lot lately. She looked at the bowl of oatmeal. She would normally prefer muffins, but she couldn't reject a good breakfast. She casually ate the oatmeal.

Ditzy limbered herself up before she went out into brisk fall air. She stretched her legs, then her wings then neck. She promised herself she was going to make this a great day. She trotted out of her home whistling a happy tune.

Ditzy delivered the mail very fast and she was sure that the letters went to the correct homes. This meant no getting yelled at, which is always nice. On her route, Ditzy actually talked to a few ponies she hadn't talked to in a long while.

It was all going dandy until Ditzy's acquaintance, Golden Harvest, mentioned: "So I heard you're pregnant."

"Umm...yeah." Ditzy said quietly. Golden Harvest looked at her with a strange smile.

"Oh my, and still not married are you?" Golden Harvest asked.

Ditzy, not sure where she was going with this, responded: "No."

"Oooohhh! Illegitimate foal then." Golden Harvest squeaked. "Wait till the girls hear this!"

"Wait, what?" Ditzy tried to say but Golden Harvest had already galloped away. Okay Ditzy, don't let this ruin your day. You still have lunch with Mac. Ditzy thought to herself.

Ditzy put back on her smile. The day was sunny, but the cool breeze sucked any warmth there was in the air. Ditzy walked her way to Sugar Cube Corner; she had decided that she needed a little treat. She could afford it because with Big Macintosh supporting her, she had a little money left over.

She selected a small strawberry shortcake. She paid Mr. Cake for the treat and she sat at one of the colorful tables to enjoy her pastry. She savored each bite, letting the flavors developed over time. The cake wasn't large by any means, so she finished it quickly.

Ditzy left the building. She looked up into the sky, seeing a few pegasi flying around. She flashed her wings out; she had spotted a soft looking cloud hanging just above the town, and took to the air. She flapped her wings, gaining altitude. She landed on the soft cloud. It had been a long time since she had taken a nap on a cloud. She fluffed up the cloud and curled into a ball. Ditzy found that she quickly dropped off into sleep.

_________

Ditzy awoke just before noon. She yawned with a stretch and rolled off the cloud. She lazily drifted towards the ground, and into a soft landing. She saw her beloved red stallion off in the near distance. His coat gleamed with a thin layer of sweat from working.

Big Macintosh also saw her and gave her a special half smile, one he reserved only for her. She waved to him as he approached.

"How are ya, Sugar Cube?" Macintosh asked. Ditzy thought about telling him what happened with Golden Harvest, but decided against it.

"I'm doing great. How about you, Mac?" Ditzy questioned. He looked at her a moment, his half smile slid into a sly grin.

"Eeyup." He said with a chuckle.

"You know I hate it when you answer like that." Ditzy playfully pushed him in the shoulder. He feigned like he was going to stumble over.

"Y'all are getting mighty strong, Ditzy." Macintosh teased. She heard his stomach growl. "Ah'm mighty hungry."

"We could go back to my pla...dang it! I forgot to buy groceries again." Ditzy face hooved.

"That's okay, Sugar Cube." Big Macintosh looked around. "We can just get something ‘round here."

They looked around and decided on a little diner nearby. The diner was nice and small, with a ma and pa type feel.

"What can I get ya, hon." The waitress asked as they sat down.

"Ah'll have the lunch special." Big Macintosh ordered. The waitress wrote his order on a note pad.

"Just a salad, thank you." Ditzy said. The waitress wrote the order down and trotted towards the kitchen with the orders.

"Excuse me, Sugar Cube, Ah need to use the rest room." Big Macintosh pulled out of the booth and walked into the restroom.

Ditzy looked out the window that was at the end of the table, she admired the fine day and the peaceful serenity of Ponyville.

The door to the diner swung open and Ditzy turned to see who it was. Four mares stood in the doorway. They saw Ditzy and put devilish smiles on their faces. It made Ditzy feel uncomfortable. The four mares took the booth next to Ditzy.

Ditzy ignored them until two leaned back in their booth to talk to Ditzy.

"Hello there." The mare on Ditzy's right said in a very high pitched voice.

"Uh...Hello." Ditzy answered that strange sounding mare.

"You're the mail mare right?" The other mare, the one on Ditzy's left, asked.

Ditzy didn't like the way the mares were talking to her, but she responded anyway. "Yes...I am."

Ditzy thought they were going to tell her she delivered the mail wrong or something, but instead the mares looked at each other and giggled. Ditzy desperately wanted Big Macintosh to come back from the restroom.

"So, we heard from a little birdie that you're pregnant." The mare on the right spoke up again.

Ditzy didn't respond. Her head sunk down and that was enough to provoke a laugh from the two mares. Why are they doing this? Ditzy thought to herself.

"So, we heard that the dad is a hayseed. Applejack's brother we heard." The mare on the left smirked.

Ditzy started to feel frustrated. She grunted. "Will you get on with this!"

The two mares put on a look of offence. "Well, I guess you don't want to know he wants you to abort it."

"Wait...what?" Ditzy felt her heart drop. She didn't know why she was taking the mares so seriously.

"Big Macintosh...that's his name right...we heard that he was telling his sister, who told some other mare she knows we know that we know, that he wished you would just abort the foal." The mares said very seriously.

"T-that...doesn't sound like Mac." Ditzy murmured. The mares exchanged a devilish look.

"Well, of course he's not going to tell you, he's much too nice." The mare on her right said.

"He’s too nice to tell you that he hates the fact that you're pregnant; I'd be surprised if he didn't leave you." The mare on her left whispered into Ditzy's ear.

"But...I...I..." Ditzy felt empty on the inside, her eyes welling up with tears. Big Macintosh finally came out of the restroom and the mares that had been talking to Ditzy leaned back into their own booth.

"Ah'm sorry that took so..." Big Macintosh started.

"Get away from me!" Ditzy yelled at him. Macintosh took a step back. Ditzy flung her wings open, tipping the table over. She felt a surge of anger at Macintosh.

"How dare you! You got me pregnant! You don't want this foal? Fine! But you have no right to tell me to abort it!" Ditzy screamed at him, tears running down her face. "I don't want to see you ever again!"

Ditzy flung herself from her sitting position past Big Macintosh, who was very confused and hurt, and the pegasus quickly darted from the diner back to her house.

_______
"Ditzy, are you alright, Sugar Cube?" Big Macintosh called as he knocked on the door. Ditzy didn't respond. She sat brooding in the dark. I thought he loved me but I was just a toy. Stupid Derpy. That's what you are, you’re Derpy, stupid, clumsily... Retarted.

Ditzy rocked back and forth, head down, crying. Big Macintosh continued to knock on the door. She tried to tune out his insistent knocking, but it just got louder, to the point the door was starting to bend at each knock.

"Go away!" Ditzy shouted at him. The knocking stopped. Her wall-eyes stared angrily at the door.

"Ditzy, come on out so we can talk." His voice was velvety soft. Ditzy threw a book at the door causing, a resounding thud that emphasized her next statement.

"No!" She snapped with a loud voice.

"Would y'all talk to Dinky?" Big Macintosh suggested. Ditzy's ears perked up.

"Mommy, are you okay?" Dinky's soft voice cracked Ditzy's resolve.

"Fine." Ditzy unlocked the door and quickly let Dinky inside, and then relocked the door before Macintosh could get himself in.

Dinky looked worriedly up at her mother. "Mommy?"

"I'm okay, Muffin." Ditzy nuzzled her daughter. "I'm just upset with Big Macintosh."

"Why?" Dinky asked innocently, looking up at with her large eyes.

"I was told that Macintosh wanted to get rid of this foal, and I could never do that." Dinky said, more to herself than Dinky.

"Just give the foal away?" Dinky questioned her mother.

"No, sweetie. I could never bring myself to give my foals away anyway. He wanted to abort it." Ditzy said. She saw confusion in her little filly's face. Ditzy sighed. "To abort a foal, is to kill it before it is born."

Dinky looked horrified. Then Dinky's face snapped into furious determination. The little filly stomped over to the door, unlocked it and left.

Ditzy stuck her head though the closed curtains to see her daughter confronting Macintosh.

"Macintosh, why would want to kill a foal? Do you hate foals or something? I can't believe you would make my mommy pregnant then want to kill the foal!" Dinky's voice squeaked as she yelled. Big Macintosh looked hurt, but also very confused. Ponies were gathered around to watch the strange event.

"What? When did Ah ever say that?" Big Macintosh asked quietly.

"My mommy says she was told that you wanted to get rid of the foal!" Dinky squeaked at Macintosh.

"Who told her that, Sugar Cube?" Macintosh tried to calm down the filly.

"I...don't know." Now Dinky was confused as well. Macintosh and Dinky stared at each other for a moment.

"Well, than Ah think we have a misunderstanding." Big Macintosh said level headedly. Ditzy retracted herself from the window. Once again Macintosh knocked on the door.

"Go away!" Ditzy yelled again.

"Sugar Cube, we need to talk." Big Macintosh said firmly. "Y'all know this door isn't that strong."

Ditzy didn't want Macintosh breaking down the door. So she unlocked it: as soon as she did the door swung wide.

"Get out of my house." Ditzy said in a low voice. Dinky came in through his legs.

"Ditzy... Ah think we have a misunderstanding." Mac focused on calming her down.

"I don't think so. You don't want a foal. That's fine!" Ditzy yelled, but her words showed the hurt she felt on the inside. Don't let him see you cry.

"But...where did ya ever get an idea like that?" Big Mac questioned as he took a step closer to Ditzy.

Ditzy couldn't hold her resolve for long.

"Mac...I thought you loved me..." Ditzy started to sob. The words she spoke hit Macintosh like a freight train. "I...I thought y...you would be there for m-me."

"Ditzy...Ah do love ya..." Big Macintosh's voice cracked.

"Then why would you want to get rid of our foal..." Ditzy babbled. She stumbled into Big Macintosh, who nuzzled her.

"Ah don't recall me saying that." Big Macintosh spoke softly into her ear.

"But the mares at the diner..." And then the realization hit her. She had been foolish to believe the idle gossip that they had told her. Big Macintosh raised an eyebrow.

"Mares at the diner?" He asked.

"Yeah, they told me the thing I didn't want to hear..." Ditzy's voice cracked. "They told me you wanted the foal aborted... And I was worried that it was true..."

Big Macintosh thought on this a moment. "Rather than me telling ya not listen to gossip, Ah'm going to tell y'all why that is the most ridiculous thing in the world."

Ditzy looked up at him, and so did Dinky.

"We may not of planned on having this foal, but gosh darn Ah love the idea of having a foal with ya. Every time Ah look into your eyes, especially when wall-eyed, I can see the reason Ah love you. I see a pony who is stronger than me. She stands through adversity and goes on with life, always looking for the best, even when ponies don't treat her right. Ah see a pony who loves her daughter with all her being, who would do anything to see her daughter smile. Ah see a pony that will get the job done even though it may be hard and not everything will work out okay, but that pony will find a way. Ah see a beautiful mare who knows how to make good friends, but is also kind to ponies that aren't kind to her. Ah love ya Ditzy because you are a stronger pony than me." Big Macintosh finished his unusually long speech. Ditzy leaned into him her eyes brimming with happy tears.

"Oh Macintosh..." Ditzy was at a loss for words. "That was..."

He stopped her talking with a kiss. Ditzy could hear Dinky go "eww" but she didn't care. She knew now better than ever that this is the stallion she would live the rest of her days with. She felt her heart flutter.

"Come on, let's all take a nap. It's been a long day."

________
Ditzy felt the late afternoon sun hit her eyes, and they slowly came open. She felt around for the large stallion, but he was not in the bed. Ditzy's ears picked up a faint sobbing noise. Ditzy rolled out of bed softly to check it out.

She found that Macintosh was in the living room with a quietly crying Dinky. Ditzy almost rushed into the room to comfort her daughter, but something stopped her. She just watched, unnoticed by the two in the room.

"Now, ya going to tell me what's got y'all all upset?" Big Macintosh asked in a gentle voice.

"I...don't...think...mommy will.... Love me....after the new foal." Dinky said. The words that her daughter spoke broke Ditzy's heart. She prepared to go into the room and tell her daughter that she loved her, but Big Macintosh's words stopped her.

"That's just about the craziest thing Ah've ever heard. Your mother loves you more than you can possibly imagine. She goes though everyday hoping that she can make your life just a little bit better. Ah don't think another foal will divide your mother's love, Dinky, that love will multiply. If you can find a better mom than that, Ah'll sponge bath Granny Smith. And Ah love ya too Dinky, just like y'all are my own. If fact I consider you my own." Big Macintosh chuckled and a small giggle came from Dinky too.

"Now Dinky, Ah need to ask your permission for something." Big Macintosh lowered his head and voice so Ditzy had to strain to hear.

"Yes, Macintosh?" Dinky asked.

"Ah need your permission to marry your momma."

Thank y'all for reading. I'd love to hear what you think. P.S. This chapter is not meant be political. I do not take stand on abortion.