• Published 21st Feb 2015
  • 5,329 Views, 27 Comments

Save me - WhiteFur



Twilight had always been the one to save the day, but what happens when she is the one in need of saving. The Changeling queen is back and out for revenge.

  • ...
23
 27
 5,329

Reunited

Author's Note:

Thank you to TheNewBionicBrony for the edit!

Enjoy

-------------------------------------------------------------Shining Armor------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am full of energy as I wait for my sister's train to come into the station. When Spike had written to tell me that Twilly was working herself to death, all my brotherly instincts kicked in. I had insisted they come here to get her away from her books. Thankfully my wonderful wife had agreed. Together we planned a relaxing and safe weekend to make her relax.

The anticipation is killing me. How bad off is my little sister, and why is she working so hard? A train comes into the station, its passengers slowly exiting. I peer over the crowed as my eyes set upon a purple and pink mane.

As the crowed thins ,I catch a glimpse of her, but nothing could have prepared me for the condition she is in.
She's skin and bones, with deep black circles under her eyes that shine with exhaustion. Her mane though brushed is full of mats and thin. Her fur is more gray then purple and her hooves scrape against the ground as if she doesn’t have enough energy to pick them up. I put on a smile to mask my horror as she stumbles over to me.

“Twilly, I’m so happy you’re here!” I give her a hug, feeling how easily she could break. She’s worse than I possibly thought, “Cadence and I are so excited to have you here with us.”

“Thank you BBBFF,” she says her voice lacking its usual fullness. “Where is Cadence?”

“She's back at the castle waiting for you and your friends. Come on, the guards will grab your bags for you.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------Twilight----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I follow Shinning back to the castle. My lack of sleep is catching up to me, exhaustion wrapping tightly around me. Each step is more agonizing than the last. Why did I let them convince me to come? Yes it's nice to see my brother and Cadence, but I can see that my appearance is frightening to them. This was a mistake.

The doors open in front of us, the guards having anticipated our arrival. I trudge in with my head low. All of sudden, I am stopped by a strong chest in front me, how embarrassing. When I look up to see who I’ve just bumped into, I’m met with the most beautiful blue eyes: Flash Sentry.

“Is this going to become a habit, princess?” His silky voice asks. I give a small nod.
His face falls though as he takes in my appearance. “Are you okay, princess?” Before I can answer, Cadence comes into the room and rushes over to me.

“Sun shine, sun shine, lady bugs, awa…” We start our dance but are unable to finish it before darkness overwhelms me. I feel myself falling, but before I hit the hard ground wings wrap around me, holding me tight, a sweet musky scent filling my nose. Blackness wraps its claws around me, sending me into a downward spiral of nothingness, erasing everything.

Eventually, there’s a light shining through the darkness, spreading warmth and healing over my aching body. As the light reaches me I feel rejuvenated.

“My darling student, it’s time to wake up.” Its Princess Celestia’s voice. Why am I hearing this? She shouldn’t be here. I slowly open my eyes, her eternal beauty greeting me.

“My most faithful student, you have been working too hard, you have decayed away and now you have fainted. Cadence called me here and your friends have written me letters, they are all worried about you. I am worried about you.”

“I am sorry to have worried everyone.” I stare down at my bed, the navy sheets not offering me any comfort. She places her fore hoof under my chin, lifting my eyes to hers.

“You are a wonderful princess, Twilight, and you have learned a lot. But you need to learn how to take care of yourself now, and how to let others take care of you. You will stay in the Crystal Kingdom until your health returns. I will stop by weekly to see for myself how you are faring. Don’t worry about your duties, your friends have them well under controlled and Luna is helping them.”

“You will also now have a personal guard, protecting you from not only enemies, but from yourself as well. Now rest, dear one, your body and mind need it.” Before her words can wash over me and send me back into nothingness, I ask one crucial question.

“Who is my guard?” my eyelids flutter closed my head falling back on my cloud pillow.

“Your brother has appointed one Flash Sentry.” My stomach twists into knots as I drift back to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------Flash Sentry----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sight of her beautiful body collapsing haunts my mind, as does the sight of her as she bumped into me again. She was barely there, all skin and bones in a ghostly presence. What happened to her?

She was once a vision of beauty and strength, stealing my breath away every time my eyes could gaze upon her. Though she still does that, she is not healthy. I can still feel her light weight body lying in my arms as I fly her up to her room. She is sound asleep as she snuggles closer into the pillows, making me heart swell. After I lay her down in the bed, pulling the blankets up around her, captain Shining Armor pulls me aside.

“Do you have any feelings for my sister?” He asks, his eyes stern. Oh no. truth time, for I cannot lie to my captain.

“Yes, sir, I have a crush on your sister.” I blush looking at the princess hooves.

“Good,” I stare up at him shock coursing through my body. “You are a fine stallion Flash, and an even better guard. My sister could use both. She is sick and needs our help, all our help. I’m appointing you to be her personal guard, and,” He says with a sigh, “I’m giving you permission to date her. Just know if you hurt than you will you have to deal with me.”

He takes a step closer to me, his face against mine. “Got it?”

“Yes sir” I say swallowing a lump in my throat. Why in the world did he pick me? Before I can even ask my question, Shinning is speaking again.

“My sister also has feeling for you it seems, and Cadance assures me both your intentions are true.” He walks back into Twilight’s room, a breath of fresh air filling my lungs.
She likes me too…

--------------------------------------------------------------------Twilight--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sweet scent of pancakes drifts into my dreams, bringing me back to reality and the land of the living. I lift my head, my muscles still weak, but not so exhausted. I stumble out of the bed that was provided for me. With shaking legs, I exit my room, smacking head first into a guard.

“So this will become a habit I see.” Oh no, it comes back to me now: Flash is going to be my own personal guard. My stomach twists, all thoughts of pancakes blowing out of my mind.

“I’m sorry Flash...” I mumble, my head still on his chest. I realize now that he’s not wearing his armor, and this will be the first time I have seen him without it. Slowly I back up, taking him in. He's more handsome then I remember, a lump in my throat forming.

“It’s okay princess, I came to say that it’s an honor to be appointed your guard, and I look forward to spending time with you.” A blush creeps across my cheeks. “I will be seeing you around then.” He winks as he trots off.

My eyes are glued to his retreating figure when he turns a corner and out of sight. I take a deep breath that I didn’t know I needed. I continue on my way down to the dining hall. Two unknown guards open the door for me. Shinning and Cadence are already seated looking lovingly at each other.

“Twilight you’re awake!” Cadence exclaims and rushed over to m,e wrapping me in her hooves. “Don’t scare me like that again okay? Now come eat, you need to fill up!” She pulls out my chair using her magic, and I sit as a plate full comes in front of me. I slather them in black berry jam and syrup, licking my lips in anticipation as my magic does its work.

“You really scarred us Twilly, you know we are here to help you.” Shinning says, eating his breakfast.

“Thank you, both of you. I'll try to get better.” I stare at my food, not wanting to look at either of them. I still want to train and learn to prepare for the next threat.

“Twilight, you need to do more than try. We'll help you through this.” Cadence gets up, coming over to me and giving me another hug. “Now there are some rules until you are healthier. First you are not allowed in the library,” My face falls, which she picked up quickly, “I’m sorry, but it’s for your own good. You are also not allowed to be alone at all. Your personal guard will accompany you anytime I or Shining is not. “

“Twilly, I know that these may seem harsh to you, but you are not in good shape and we are going to help you. All of us.” She says as Flash enters the room, this time in his armor. He takes the seat next to me. placing his helmet to the side.

“Good morning everypony,” He says, grabbing a plate of food.

“All right enough heavy stuff. Today you and I are having a nice relaxing day together.” Cadence smiles.
The rest of breakfast goes by in a flash. Shining excuses himself to take care of some princely duties, Flash joining him. After that, our ladies day in begins.