• Published 11th Sep 2016
  • 656 Views, 22 Comments

Equestria Forever - TheMajorTechie



In a world where nothing is left but war and fear, a precious handful of people, together with the few remaining ponies, strives to bring back the world they once knew...

  • ...
7
 22
 656

We Must Stand as One

While our intrepid humans, backed by Twilight are busy trying to save the world, the mane 5 plus spike are fighting for their lives back in Equestria.

Somehow, intruders (Midnight Talons) have breached through part of the wall and are pouring through the breach and all ponies must fight to survive, I think maybe we can afford to kill off a couple of background characters, (not gory or anything) (need to figure how the breach occured.)

As the chapter concludes, things fade away and one of the mane 5’s last thought is of Twilight abandoning them. (Like different time zones, an hour in Earth is like a day in Equestria, so Twilight’s been gone for a few days and the others have begun losing hope.)

Partially. Sombra's taken a large portion of it.

Sombra's holding Shining Armor for ransom.

Sombra, who's being backed by a cult.

Cadence is in a separate base in the crystal empire, but Celestia and Luna are missing.
Applebloom made it, Derpy, and Lyra. Bon Bon, AKA Secret Agent Sweetie Drops, is MIA.

~~~

“Something’s coming.”

Spike lowered his telescope, and turned to the rest of the group.

“Applejack, you guard the main entrance. If anything comes through, I want you to buck them as hard as you can. Even if it means killing them.

The Earth Pony nodded solemnly, and headed her way towards the assigned post.

“Fluttershy, how’s that army coming?”

Fluttershy saluted timidly, her eyes darting between her animal friends.

They’ve never had any experience in fighting, except for Angel, really. She thought.

“Um… they’re fine… I guess…”

“Great,” nodded Spike, “Rarity?”

Pinkie pointed a hoof towards the back entrance.

“She already guarding the back. All her stuff’s there, remember?”

Spike raised an eyebrow, but didn’t question anything.

“Uh… Pinkie, you just guard whatever. You’re pretty much everywhere at once, anyways.”

Pinkie bounced off into the ceiling, defying all logic and laws of physics, as usual.

What did I just see? Spike thought as he shook his head.

“Dash, you guard the surface. Alert me if anything shows up.”

Rainbow Dash quickly saluted, and fled out the door.

Spike held the telescope back to his eye, closely following Rainbow Dash as she began scouting outside.

As he looked outside, he saw an unfortunately familiar flag, adorned with a silver talon in front of a white moon.

Midnight Talons…” He thought, “What are they doing here? They mostly stay where the old Griffon Empire was.

He thought back to the first time he had heard of them. Back then, they had just captured the Capital of the Griffon empire, and had declared it to be Midnight Talon territory.

But now… it seemed as if they were intent on owning all of Equestria.

He gazed out the window again, watching Dash hover about the perimeter, steely eyes scanning the skies.


Rarity hurriedly paced back and forth by the back entrance. Though she hardly cared anymore about her fashion--there was rarely anybody left to show off to--she still felt a bit more normal to be around her old items.

She shrieked in surprise as a large, steel-tipped spear bashed its way through the hard crystal walls, easily knocking a hole the size of her hoof.

“Burn the place down,” she heard through the walls, “storm the place! LEAVE NO SURVIVORS.

She chuckled to herself, knowing that a large majority of crystals, including the type the Castle was composed of, were typically flame-resistant. If it were anything besides, then the castle would likely have been destroyed years ago by one of Twilight’s ‘experiments’.

She heard one of the Talons give a frustrated groan, continuing to punch through the wall with a spear.

As strong as they are, they can be quite dull at times. She thought, charging her horn.

A quick flame spell later, and the Midnight Talons were dispersed.

Typical… she thought, grinning proudly to herself, birds afraid of the fire.

Then she heard a much louder voice outside. One that barked, “RELEASE THE DIAMOND DOGS!”

Oh dear. She took a peek out the door, and saw some diamond dog mercenaries in a row outside the door beginning to charge.

She quickly closed the door, and felt a heavy thud a few seconds later. A few pained groans came from the other side, and that loud voice once again yelled, “CHARGE, I SAY! DO YOU WANT YOUR PAY OR NOT?!”

“Y-yes, sir!” A much weaker voice stammered, the spear withdrawing from the wall.

From the hole in the wall, Rarity shot a blinding light spell, stunning the Talons for a few precious moments. Immediately after, she followed through with several short-term illusions to throw said Talons off.

Outside, she could hear confused mutters, and the clashing of friendly fire as Talons turned on each other, thanks to the illusion spell that she had wrapped about the nearest to her.

Thanks, Trixie, she thought as she fired another volley of illusions. This time, they were all focused on the commander of their troop.

Yet another blinding flash later, and all enemy troops had found themselves charging their own commander.

Huh. they really are featherbrains...

Spike patted Rarity on the back, startling the mare.

“Good work, but you’ll be needed up front now.” he said through a worried smile.


Rainbow Dash returned, panting heavily.

“The… there’s more backup troops flanking our east side!” She yelled.

Spike nodded, and turned to Applejack and Fluttershy, the latter shrinking back in fear.

He pointed a claw towards the area Dash had mentioned.

“We all must do our parts. It’s your turn now.”

Applejack tightened her helmet, and galloped out the door without a word, her steel and applewood rifle ready to fire.

The pegasus followed after, flanked on each side by her furry army. Spike watched sadly as his former friends, now his troops, left the room, opening the possibility of never coming back.

Comments ( 7 )

7819245 ...yup. That's what ten authors gives you. :moustache:

I wish this would come back. It's pretty good so far.

8154623
Would you like a painfully-written bonus chapter? Pretty much all the other authors are gone, but it's been a full year since this thing was published.

8421674
Ouch. If you think it's that bad... Still, this had potential. It's sad to see it wasted like this.

8421802
I can try updating this. It's just that it's even become cringey for me to read.

8421805
If you don't think the next part's any good, then don't post it. I think we can survive without it if it's as bad as you're implying. Just do what feels right.

Login or register to comment