• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 1,062 Views, 32 Comments

Stranded - thecanterlottimes



Four of the main six are trapped on an island, waiting for help.. if it ever arives

  • ...
3
 32
 1,062

Reunion

note: updated VIA Android. I will add tabs when I get to a computer

It was midday when Rainbow Dash awoke. Immediately her head hurt with a splitting headache. She propped herself up on a nearby tree and surveyed her surroundings. Rainbow Dash had ended up in a small ravine. All around her were tall jungle trees, which created a canopy to shield her from the sun. But even under the canopy, the heat was still strong enough to drive a pony crazy. The only two sounds were Rainbow Dash’s breathing and the sound of small bugs flying from plant to plant. To her left was a trail of disturbed dirt and gravel, where she had skid on before slamming into a tree during the accident. Fearing for her friend’s safety, and her own, Rainbow Dash begun to yell as loud as she could.

The sound of Rainbow Dash had startled Fluttershy back to reality. She was on top of a large hill which overlooked the island. By this time she was very weak from dehydration. Unlike Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy had been in direct sunlight for the entire day. Spotting a small amount of blue amongst the trees further away, Fluttershy was quick to recognise that small dot was her friend. She managed to stand up, and leaned forward to prepare to fly to her friend. As soon as she jumped off the ground, a surge of pain filled her body. She squealed loud and peered back at her wings. Her left wing was trapped under the fallen tree that Fluttershy had hit last night. Once the pain subsided slightly, she called out to her friend.

“Rainbow Dash, up here!”

Rainbow Dash heard the general direction of where Fluttershy was, and begun to venture her way through the jungle towards her. Still bearing a migraine, she now began to feel dizzy as she navigated through the thick jungle plants and vines. Finally out from under the canopy, she spotted Fluttershy and her pink mane. Rainbow Dash begun to move up the hill when she passed out. This is because she moved too quickly from a cooler shade, to a hot, bright, sunlight. When she got back up, her eyes met Fluttershy’s. They could both tell the other was deeply afraid. After several more minutes, Rainbow Dash caught up to Fluttershy. Both of them were exhausted, but glad to see each other.

Rainbow Dash spoke first. “Fluttershy”, she said, with a weak voice, “I- I’m... you have no idea how glad I am to see you.”

Quickly glancing down to see what the trouble was, Rainbow Dash turned pale.

“Please, help me Rainbow.” Fluttershy said, even more quietly as normal.

Rainbow Dash knew that there was only one thing they could do now. The same thing happened to her when she was trying to find the right pet. Unfortunately, this time Tank was not here.

“Flutters, you going to have to trust me”. Rainbow Dash said with a shaky voice.

“Well of course-”
Fluttershy began to speak, when Rainbow Quickly bucked her in the back. By doing this, Fluttershy jolted further away from the tree, which only moved because this had broken her wing. Fluttershy let out a terrible scream, as Rainbow began to kick again, and again. After several more tries, Rainbow Dash let out one final buck to free her Friend. This proved successful, unfortunately, this left Fluttershy’s wing shattered in multiple places. Blood was oozing out of the bottom of her wing, where a large gash was formed due to a broken branch that part of the wing was caught under. The pool of blood begun to form, and began to trickle down towards Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy was sobbing from the pain of it all, when she spoke again, “Rainbow.. why?”

“It’s either that, or you would have died.”

Fluttershy understood fully, but was angry at her best friend for hurting her so much. Two more sound pierced the jungle. The first sound, a high, feminine scream, was recognisable as their friend Rarity. The other, was more masculine, which they could not identify. Both of them agreed to find the source of the noise.

They searched the southern part of the island for the source. Sweat was dripping off their bodies, when they found the source of the yelling. The pilot, Feather, was on the ground, face up. Only a few yards away war Rarity, sitting and sobbing in the dirt. In front of her was one of the dresses, which was now torn and dirty. Physically, Rarity had small gashes and bruises, but other than that looked healthy.

“Thank Celestia, others.” Heart said.

Rarity turned around, eyes full of water, and ran over to her friends. “Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, you're ok!”

“More or less.” Fluttershy angrily, glancing over at Rainbow Dash.

“Look at what happened to my dresses!” Rarity said, which was the main reason she was crying.

Rainbow Dash became furious. “Rarity, we just survived a carriage wreck and are now STUCK on an island in the middle of nowhere. Fluttershy can’t fly, and we still don’t know where Applejack is, or if she is even alive... and you crying over some stupid clothing!”

“Will you girls stop arguing!” Cpt. Feather interrupted the feud, “The heat is getting to you people. We need to work together if we want to be rescued... what about your other friend... Applejack. You need to go look for her, and captain GoodHeart.”

“He is right,” Rainbow Dash admitted, “I'm sorry I yelled at you Rarity, I’m just scared. We need to split up and look for the other two. Rarity, you head south. Fluttershy, I want you to go look North. Mr. Feather, can you please go look towards the East, and-”

“Wait. I can’t” Cpt. feather said, “I- I can’t feel my legs.”

Fluttershy, having the only source of medical experience, immediately stabbed a red shard of the carriage into his back right leg. Feather didn’t even flinch, as blood splattered on his face.

“Um.. I’m sorry to say this, but I think you're paralyzed.”

Feather was in disbelief. He refused to believe the grim news. The only thing he was able to do was cry.

They all agreed to look for the others for roughly three hours, then head back to where Feather was. It was sunset when Rarity found Applejack, who was wandering aimlessly amongst the trees.

“Applejack, over here!” Rarity called out to her. Applejack then turned towards her friend’s general directly, and began to cautiously walk towards her. Rarity caught up to Applejack, and began to speak. “Thank Celestia, we thought you may have... well that’s not important now. The others are ok, except for one of the pilots, who the others are looking for..”

“Rarity-” Applejack said.

“And just look at me, I’m filthy! Fluttershy’s left wing looked pretty badly hurt, and Rainbow Dash-”

“Rarity” Applejack said louder, “Where are you?”

With a confused look, Rarity responded, “I’m right in front of you.”

“I guess it’s just too dark for me. Where are the others?”

“They should be back with the pilot now,” Rarity said, “We should be heading back now. Would you like some help?”

“Yes please” Applejack said, a little uncomfortable of asking help from Rarity, only because the two were not on best terms before they left.

Rarity grabbed a vine off a tree and instructed Applejack to cary the end in her mouth. Together, they ventured back to camp.