• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 1,061 Views, 32 Comments

Stranded - thecanterlottimes



Four of the main six are trapped on an island, waiting for help.. if it ever arives

  • ...
3
 32
 1,061

Waters of Life

Fluttershy was startled awake by the sound of her stomach. It had been nearly a day since she last ate, and just as long since she had anything to drink. Looking around, she saw the rest of her unfortunate friends, all of whom were still asleep. Every muscle in her body ached, as the pains of the crash began to set in. Her her Maize colored body was blotched with her own blood, which now produced large scars on her fractured wing. The sight of her own wing bent so far forward that she could touch it with her nose made her want to puke. After regaining what little composure she had left, Fluttershy managed to stand up.

The ‘camp’, which consisted of only the remains of the cabin, a dying fire, and the other injured ponies, was a sorry site. The overpowering stench of blood and Celestia-knows-what, filled her nostrils, forcing her to hold her breath. She examined each of her sleeping friends, all of whom had the terrible markings of the wreck on their bodies. The worst of them was the captain. His black legs were beginning to turn an eerie shades of green and brown.

Struck by hunger, Fluttershy ventured out of the camp, and made her way through the thick jungle in search of any form of food. The trees seemed to reach into the heavens. The leaves formed into a canopy which, for the current time, was able to shroud her from the sun. The thick layer of jungle plants made navigating difficult, as it would be impossible to see any cliffs or predators which lurked the ground, waiting to strike. The sounds of cheerful birds going about their daily life mocked Fluttershy. How she longed to return to her peaceful life in Ponyville with her animal friends.

The sun was directly overhead, when she finally reached her destination: a small brook. The murky stream was small enough that one could hop over it with ease, but it would be enough to quench her thirst. Fluttershy informally dunked her head directly into the water, allowing the water the rush into her mouth. Unlike water back home, the water here had a unique taste, but it would do for now. Lifting her head out of the water, Fluttershy began to navigate her way through the forest in search for food.

**********

“Rainbow Dash”

There was no response.

“Rainbow Dash!”

Still, there was no answer.

“Rainbow Dash, wake up!”

Finally, Rainbow Dash awoke. Her head was dizzy as she peered around to see who was calling her. It took Rainbow Dash a few seconds, but was finally able to make out the blurry image of Rarity standing to her right. She was unused to seeing her friend in such a terrible state. Rarity’s white body was covered in a thin layer of brown dirt, caked on by the heat of the sun. her hair was in an unnatural state for her, as it was hung over to the side in a survivalistic fashion.

“Oh thank Luna, I thought there was something wrong.” Rainbow Dash mindlessly said.

“But there is”, Rarity began, “Fluttershy is missing.”

Rainbow Dash quickly stood up, sending all of the blood out of her head. Her vision further depleted as she frantically felt around for something to grab onto. Luckily, this time she did not fall.

“I haven't seen her since last night, when Applejack and I found our way back to this dreadful camp.”

“It’s ok Rarity, She probably just went out to search for food or something.” Rainbow Dash said. She did not have the energy to search for her friend again.After all, she saw how small the island was yesterday, so it wouldn’t be hard for her to find her way back to the camp.

“What’s all the commotion ‘bout?” Apple Jack said. The other two were startled, forgetting about the other party member. Apple Jack emerged from the wreckage of the cabin where she had slept last night. She peered into a direction far left from the other ponies, indicating she was still unable to see.

Rainbow Dash ignored her friends for a second as she limped her way over to the captain. Captain Feather was still (somehow) asleep...but alive. He was seeping under the shade of a large tree.

“Does anypony pack any food?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Yeah I did,” Apple Jack said, “I brought one of Granny Smith’s famou-”

“Well, where is it!” Rarity butted in rudely.

“Calm down, It should be in cabin. I’ll go get it.” Apple Jack responded accordingly.

Several minutes passed as the other two waited for their friend to reemerge from the cabin, when Finally Rainbow Dash whispered to Rarity, “What’s taking her so long?”

Rarity decided to investigate. She walked over to the other door of the cabin and peered inside. Inside, she noticed Apple Jack fumbling through aimlessly searching for the food. It only took Rarity a second to notice that the food, which was a small apple cake, was turned over on the floor. Flies had already conquered the sweet cake, as dozens of the small black beast devoured the cake in front of her eyes. Without thinking, she threw the door open and quickly snatched the cake away from the insects.


“Here it is!” She said.


“Quick, give me some!” Rainbow Dash demanded as she attempted to snatch the cake away from Rarity. However, Rarity held on strong. The two struggled over control of the food for several minutes, all the while Apple jack was yelling at them to cut it out. The feud ended when Rarity tripped over a large rock, sending the cake flying into the tree behind her. Upon impact, the cake smashed into millions of smaller pieces, which were then scattered on the tree and the ground below. The pieces were now too small to eat, leaving the hungry trio without food.


“Well I hope your happy!” Rainbow Dash yelled, startling the sleeping pilot awake.


“What’s going on?” The pilot questioned.


“And you! If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t be in this mess. Never leave a unicorn to do a pegasus’s job!” Rainbow Dash screamed as she turned her attention to the crippled pilot.


“Rainbow Dash, that’s enough!” Apple jack sternly said to her out-of-control friend.”


“She is right,” Feather said meekly, “It doesn’t matter who’s fault it is. Like I said yesterday, the heat is turning you ponies against each other. If we just had some water, none of this would be happening.


The three friends quietly acknowledged the pilot and the fact that what he said was true. Oh, how they longed for the feeling of the cold waters of life to once again touch their lips.


“I think we should go search for some water, like the pilot said,” Rainbow Dash said to Rarity.


“Quite. But what about Apple Jack and the captain, we cannot take them along.”


“I’ll stay here with the captain.” Apple Jack responded.


With everything settled, the two set into the less dense part of the jungle in search for water. The two traveled for several hours seeing the same scenery around them.


“Are we walking in circles?” Rarity questioned.


Rainbow Dash ignored her friend, mostly because she did not have the energy or patience to respond.


As I followed the two, a familiar smell began to appear in the air. It was too faint for the other to smell, but as it is directly related to my career, I was keen to smelling it. The smell, was of death.

Comments ( 14 )

Interesting, well, lets hope Fluttershy isn't dead. That would be horrible, and quite quick as well... unless that water was contaminated.

919541 death by malaria?!

Creatures of some sort? Like necrotic monsters.

I ain't gonna give 'way no secrets!:twilightsheepish:

920317
I was thinking Gardia or some thing along those lines. But since it is a water source, that would mean that there is the possibility of Malaria infected mosquitoes hanging around. But those diseases take a while to kill.

haha those are all good ideas. I don't really have an outline for this story, so your ideas mayyy be n it!

923462
Cool, but those are only Earth diseases, there could be others in Equestria, like they have the Poison Joke-weed they could have something similar but as a microorganism.

'As I followed the two, a familiar smell began to appear in the air. It was too faint for the other to smell, but as it is directly related to my career, I was keen to smelling it. The smell, was of death.' OMGAWD FLUTTERS! Hopefully she isn't dead from the water... :raritycry:

HAHA don't worry, the next update will be in a few days :trixieshiftleft:

955542 Now is this your time or Earth time? :rainbowwild:

You said a few days two weeks ago...:unsuresweetie:

Ok I know you said at the beginning only one would make it back... But please just let them all make it back! :fluttercry:

I'll pay their ransom here have a thousand Derpys :derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2: I have Twilights too :twilightsmile::twilightsmile: :twilightsmile:,just please have mercy!!!!

Sorry about that mental breakdown as you can see I like the mane six.
Anywho great story its well written, thought out, and executed... I mean done, no execution, no none will be had.....:twilightsheepish:

Random fact of the day: The mane six are invincible!!! Ha! I beat you at your own game, see now its a fact! Your story can't hurt them now!
Applejack can also produce food with thought... Rainbow Dash can use her mind to call rescue crews, and Fluttershy can cry clean water! Ha I solved all of the problems they're saved!!!:pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment