• Published 14th Sep 2022
  • 2,230 Views, 591 Comments

Sonic The Hedgehog x My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale - BronySonicFan



Living in Maretime Bay, our Pony BESTIES are having a ton of fun together! And with so many Mobians in the crew: Adventures, wacky situations and tons of more fun are guaranteed!

  • ...
14
 591
 2,230

PreviousChapters Next
3. Zipp's Flight School

In the middle of the day, Zipp was flying around Maritime Bay at high speed, as she zoomed around, bounced off a trampoline and zoomed straight to the sky, then she zoomed down to ground in a puff of smoke, sliding and standing straight with pride.

While she smiled to herself proudly, Pipp livestream the whole thing through her phone, which Zipp noticed in shock.

"That's all, Zippsters!" Pipp called out, as Zipp ran away from the camera. "Like and subscriiiiibe!" Pipp sang while waved at the camera, but then Zipp came next to her with an irritated look.

"Stop trying to make 'Zippsters' happen, Pipp!" Zipp yelled at her sister, while Pipp flinched at the reaction. "I don't want followers!" Zip added, then putted Pipp’s phone down, ending the livestream immediately.


Meanwhile, Sunny was serving her fruit smoothies to Hitch, Izzy and Sonic at her stand. Sunny then gave three smoothies to three of her best friends. "And that's three pineapple punch smoothies with extra…" she announced as she turned around and saw that the fruit supplies in the crates were empty, making her gasp in surprise. "Nothing?" she asked in shock, then turned to face her friends. "Sorry, everypony. My fruit delivery was supposed to get here hours ago!" she apologized and explained.

"I mean, you know what they say: a late delivery is probably a safe one!" Izzy suggested with a smile, thinking that the delivery will be here soon.

"Yeah... sorry, Izzy, but I don't buy it" Sonic replied with a doubtful face. "You'll think that a safe delivery would have arrived by now."

Suddenly, the group saw a shadow over them.

"Huh?" Hitch questioned.

"Uh... what was that?” Sonic asked.

Sunny then looked out the window and saw what’s up in the sky, then gasped in a little shock.

The four friends gasped in shock when a pegasus mare with the fruit supplies came crashing down right into a glasses stand as fruits came flying by.

Both Sunny and Izzy screamed and ducked, Sonic turned into a ball and Hitch looked in shock while a green fruit splat right into his face. The two mares and the hedgehog looked at the crash site and saw the pegasus mare.

The pegasus had iris-colored hooves and bright lilac eyes; her mane, tail, and flight feathers were light yellow; her mane was wavy and tied in a ponytail; she was wearing a pink visor and bag; and her Cutie Mark was two yellow shooting stars with trails. She groaned from the crash and was covered in fruit juice, then recovered quickly and cleared her throat. "Fifi's Flying Fruit Smoothies Smooth Fruit Delivery Service! Where every delivery is... smooth!" she said with a nervous tone and a sheepish smile, while an earth pony mare slipped on a banana peel and fell to the ground, the an earth pony stallion looked in shock at the destruction of the stand.

Sonic then turned back to normal, cleaned up the dust of his body and then spoke. "Well, I hate to be the skeleton at the feast, but ever since magic came back, the only pegasus i've seen able to fly properly is Zipp. Oh, and Pipp as well" he commented with a concerned tone. "The other pegasi... they need help. Like, A LOT of help."

"I see your point there, Sonic" Hitch said, while cleaning up the fruit mess on his face. "I have to fill out the paperwork for this stand and report about this" he said with an annoyed look.

Sonic then suddenly grabbed his ear while Hitch groaned in pain. "Stop thinking on your job for a second, Hitch!" he scolded, then let his ear go and Hitch rubbed it. "Look, I'm not an expert on flying since I'm always carried by Tails, but I can tell that these pegasi have to learn how to fly properly, or else more crashes will happen. Or even worst: someone can might get hurt."

Pipp came to the group with a concern frown after seeing the crash. "I agree with Sonic. We need to find a solution to the pegasi lack of flying. I can’t stand to see one of my own falling like that..." she confessed, since she was a pegasus too.

Sonic stroked Pipp's mane a little, which made her blush suddenly, but she didn't complain since it felt good, although she wasn't about to admit it. "Don't worry, Pipp. We'll eventually find a way to help these pegasi to fly better..." he assured her.

Then the group looked at Zipp walking to them, while she was laughing at the incident. "Whoa. Somepony really needs to teach these Pegasi how to fly!" she pointed out, as she continued to laugh.

Sonic looked at her with a bored expression at first, but then suddenly something came to his mind, and he smirked at Zipp. The rest of the mane Mane 5 all thought what Sonic was thinking, as they looked at Zipp with sparkling eyes. "Ahhhh…" they said together, while Pipp brought Fifi into the group, looking confused.

Zipp stopped laughing and looked at her friends with a worried expression, knowing what her friends were thinking. "Oh, No-no-no-no-no!" Zipp nervously started out, as she started to sweat "There's no way I would ever…"


A while later, the others finally convince Zipp to teach the Pegasi to fly, since they were on an open area of Maritime Bay, where Zipp was recruiting her students: two of her royal guards, Zoom and Thunder, and a pink Pegasus named Windy.

Zipp read the introduction in an unenthusiastic tone next to a sign that saids WINGS, with Zipp's lightning bolt for the I and her wings in the sides. "Welcome to W-I-N-G-S. 'The Wonderful Institute of No-Gravity Sky-walking?'" she questioned the title with confusion.

"It means flight school" Pipp corrected, as she came to her side with a smile.

"It's really more of a one-off training day" Zipp pointed out to Pipp, since she wasn't planning on keep teaching the pegasi about flying for the rest of her life.

"I was told it's an academy" Zoom pointed out, very interested in flying right.

Fifi then came to the rookies. “Uh, is this the University of Flying?” she questioned with a confused smile.

Zipp then raised an eyebrow look to Pipp, who smiled nervously and backed away. Zipp turned to the others as Sunny shrug and Izzy shook her head, while Hitch laughed and Sonic tried very hard not to, but they ended when Izzy sent a glare to them and shook their heads, saying it wasn't them either.

Zipp faced hoof herself as she sighed. "Ugh, whatever. Let's just get started" she pointed out, then turned to the rookies. "Who can tell me how to do a double roulette twist?" she asked them with a smile.

The four pegasi looked confused and stayed silent for a moment, until Windy spoke. "Oh! I know about flapping!" she answered as she flapped her wings.

Zipp face hoofed again in frustration, and Sunny came to her. "Uh, Zipp?" she questioned.

"What is it?" Zipp asked with a look.

"Oh, it's when you move your wings up and down over and—" Windy said, thinking Zipp asked her, but was cut off.

"Not you, Windy..." Zipp pointed out, which Windy just stared in surprise, then Zipp looked back at Sunny.

"Maybe you start with something simpler... Like an obstacle course?" Sunny suggested, since it was easier for the pegasi to learn.

"Obstacle course?" Zipp asked confused. "I don't have an…" she was cut off by a certain unicorn voice.

"Ta-daaaaa!" Izzy cheered out as the group turned to see that she used her ‘Unicycling’ skills to create an obstacle course with a starting line, a jumping board, some hoops for flying, the basics. Sonic was at Izzy's side, meaning that he used his sonic speed to help finish the process faster. The starting line sign tilted a bit, but Izzy ran to it and straightened it out.

"What?!" Zipp called out in surprise as Sunny smiled at the sight. "Where did that come from?!" she questioned.

"Fastest thing alive, Unicycling skills" Sonic simply replied with a bored expression, as he pointed himself and Izzy. "Just do your thing now, Zipp" he pled.

"Over to you, captain!" Pipp spoke out with a salute and a smile.

"I'm not a capta—!" Zipp yelled out, but stopped in midsection. "... Fine..." she groaned as she came to the students. "Everyone, watch carefully" she pled with a calm voice, and then proceed demonstrated her flying tricks to the rookies. She flew to the air at the starting point of the obstacle course, then flew up and down through the first obstacles, then zig zagged through the hoops, and then flew straight to the clouds, grabbed some and used them to make a Pegasus shape.

Down below, the four Pegasi students have their jaws dropped in awe at Zipp's expert flying stunt.

Sonic smirked while looking at Zipp. "Show off" he exclaimed.

"Easy" Zipp said with pride. "Now, who wants to go first?" she asked to the pegasi so they could show how they fly. Still in shock from Zipp's demonstration, none of the students volunteer, so Windy lifted Thunder’s hoof, with Thunder no noticing until a few seconds later. Zipp sighed a little bored, "All right. You're up, Thunder" she called out, while Thunder was nervous.

Thunder came to the starting point and then looked at the sign, looking a little dizzy He flew up, but hit the starting sign with a grunt as he crashed to the floor. The other three Pegasi cringe at the sight, while Thunder groans in slight pain.

Zipp looked with a sigh. "This is gonna be a loooong day..." she said, stating that this flying lesson is gonna be harder than she thought.

"Oh, I'm so gonna enjoy this!" Sonic exclaimed while rubbing his hands. "I'm gonna get some chilidogs to watch the show!" he stated, then ran off and came back with one chilidog on each hand.


Windy came next, staring at the starting line with a determined look, ready to start the obstacle course. But suddenly she saw a daisy flower in front of her, and she shrieked in fear. "Aah! Daisies!" she yelled, then zipped away and ran to a bush behind Zipp. "My greatest fear!" she cried out as Zipp shook her head.

Sonic, Zipp and Hitch were now next to each other. "Okaaaay... Next?" she questioned with a bored expression. It was now Fifi's turn, Hitch cheered to the pegasus while he waved at her. Fifi looked with a determined smile as she spread her wings, with her fruit cart behind her to see if she can do it without crashing this time. She flew over the starting line, but her cart hit the sign as she rolled in the air, then crashed to the ground, with her fruits falling out of the cart as she crashed. Her head pop up in dizziness as Hitch did as well, being the pony who was a victim in the crash and once again covered in fruit.

"From animal magnet to fruit magnet. What a progress!" Sonic mocked, as both he and Zipp bursted out laughing.

"I can hear you two, you know!" Hitch called out in annoyance.

Zoom flew up straight to the sky, sloppy grabbing some clouds as she zoomed around, making the clouds she caught into a shape of a sloppy pegasus picture that Zipp did earlier. Zipp looked at it with a raised eyebrow look, while Izzy shook her head with sparkly eyes and a smile in seeing the picture. But when Zipp looked at Izzy, she corrected herself in shaking her head in disagreement with the picture.

Hitch and Sonic were using safety sticks to help Fifi to steady her flying, but Fifi fell on her back with a grunt, and the fruit cart crashed again as well, making Hitch looked in shock and worry, but Sonic ran away when some fruits came towards them, and one hit Hitch in the face... again, which caused him to take a bored expression and groan.

Sonic came back and helped Fifi to get up, but when he turned to see Hitch, he bursted out laughing at him once again. "Ahahahahaha! I'm not getting this over with anytime soon!" he snorted as Hitch looked at him with annoyance.

"Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up, Hedgehog" Hitch replied.

Izzy and Sunny pushed Windy to try to fly through the starting line, with Pipp right in front of them taking photos, but Windy started screaming since she didn't want to try again because she was afraid of finding more daisies.

Zoom and Thunder crash into each other in the air with pain grunts.

A little while later, the four Pegasi were on the ground, Fifi, Thunder and Zoom were groaning from their crashes as Windy had a freak out expression while rocking back-in-forth, with piles of fruits everywhere around them.

Zipp spoke out in frustration. "Well, I'm sure you all enjoyed that more than I did" she said as she spread her wings. "Good luck" she said to the four pegasi and then flew away, leaving her friends behind as she can't take it anymore.

"... Well this sucks..." Sonic said with a little sadness, as he kicked a piece of fruit.


Zipp then landed on a hill as she looked down in exhaustion, but then saw something below her. "Huh..." she spoke out as she saw two Pegasi, a mother and a foal, with the mother teaching her son how to fly as she lifted her son into the air.

Zipp watched as the foal was flying into the air briefly as he giggled. But stopped when he lost his balance and fell to the ground. The mother gasps in shock on seeing her son fall as she runs towards him to see if he’s alright. To her relief, her son landed on a bush, she picked him up. "Yay!" she cheered out for her son at his first flight as the two nuzzled each other's heads.

Zipp immediately had a flashback on her trying to fly before the magic was restored when she was just a filly...


Years ago when the three tribes were still divided and the magic was lost, Young Zipp was trying to fly with her mother, Queen Haven, beside her daughter with a smile, who placed pillows all over the floor so Zipp wouldn't hurt herself while trying to fly.

Zipp giggled and jumped up and down the chair, then flipped over the air and spread her wings, thinking she was flying, but then she fell to the floor with a grunt. She crashed into the pillows to soften her landing, but when she got out of the pile, she whimpered since she couldn’t fly, thinking that she would never fly like the other pegasi couldn’t either.

Haven came to her daughter with an encouraging smile. "Come on, Zephyrina. Don't give up!" she spoke to her, wanting her daughter to keep trying. Zipp got up with a determined look and then hopped to her mother, trying to fly as she hopped from pillow to pillow with a grunt from hopping on each pillow as she flips and glides to her mother. Haven smiled at her daughter’s determination to keep trying. "Don't give up!" she repeated, and then hugged her daughter.


Zipp had a heartful look from that memory, then saw that Izzy was next to her left ear, whispering the word that was in her flashback. "Don't give up. Don't give up” Izzy repeated, which Zipp now noticed with her raised eyebrows, then turned to the unicorn with a smile.

"Thanks, Izzy" she said, as Izzy smiled back to her. Zipp then looked down at the four pegasi groaning from their flying lessons as they laid to the ground. All right!" Zipp called out, as the four pegasi looked at her flying over them with a smile. "Listen up! I'm gonna get you flying if it's the last thing I do!" she said, then immediately cleared her throat and corrected herself. "Before five. Day ends at five" she pointed out with a smile.

The four Pegasi laughed and cheered, as they all stand tall and proud with a determined look, ready to learn how to fly.


A while later, back at the obstacle course, Thunder flew straight through it while dodging a couple of obstacles that came his way, but trip on one as he was about the crash, but this time he got some help from Pipp and Zipp, since they were using two air blowers to blow Thunder back into the air to keep trying.

Zoom was nervously laughing as she was tied to a rope around her mid waist, with Sunny tied to the other end to help Zoom with her balance as Sunny trotted across the field. Zoom hit a pile of clouds, then made a pegasus picture again, a little sloppy but better than the last one, which Zipp nodded her head approving it.

Fifi was whooshing through the obstacle course with her fruit cart again, but this time, she went through the obstacle as she was flying to the 'X' that Hitch and Sonic made while using the safety sticks again. Fifi sticked the landing perfectly, but her fruit cart wasn’t so lucky as it flew over her and crashed. Sonic was next to the crashed cart with the fruits spilled out, but Hitch was unlucky again, since he was covered in spilled fruit with a watermelon on his head as he groans from the crash.

"Yup, still funny" Sonic said while laughing a little.

Izzy then gave up a sock puppet show with a daisy and a puppet of Windy to help Windy to get over her fears of a daisy. "I'm Windy! Come on, daisy! Let's be friends!" Izzy laughs up, as she reveals her head over to Windy as she looks at her, while Windy nervously whimper with a smile.

Then the four Pegasi then started flying around, with Zipp looking at them with pride, seeing how they had improved. Hitch’s crew was watching the whole thing as McSnips tried to fly by flapping his claws, but fell off the bench he and the two birds were sitting at.

Thunder zoomed through the obstacle perfectly, Zoom flew to the clouds and made a perfect copy of Zipp with the right picture this time, Fifi flew through the hoops and landed on the ground with a grunt, with her cart didn’t falling out or crashing this time.

Hitch’s crew then showed McSnips how to flap properly, and the crab tried it and made sure he didn’t fall off again.

Izzy then made a necklace out of daisies she made for Windy, who gasps in shock as Izzy throws the necklace into the air, which landed around Windy’s neck. Windy was a little freak, but then calmed down as the daisies weren’t doing anything to her.

Then the four Pegasi flew side to side with each other as they flew at top speed, and made a rainbow base on their coat colors as they flew by. Zipp saw this and formed a proud smile.


A while later, the four Pegasi returned and Zipp gave them waste bands, with that a rainbow with Zipp’s wings and Cutie Mark on it as they looked at Zipp with a smile. The Mane 5 and Sonic where on a stage, which Izzy whipped up. "Cadets!" Zipp shouted, "This morning, you looked like a bunch of Earth ponies with wings taped to your back!"

"Awww…" Fifi groans in disappointment, with the other pegasi looking on in confusion.

"But now you're captains of the sky!" Zipp continued with a smile, as the Pegasi smiled with joy.

"Ooh!" Fifi said joyfully.

"You may now throw your hats" Zipp called out, as it was time for them to celebrate.

The Pegasi cheered as they threw their hats to the sky, but accidentally hit a pegasus Fruit Delivery who was carrying a fruit cart as well. The Pegasus shouted, as she crashed to the ground and fruit flew out of the cart.

Sonic was about to get hit by a pineapple, but he immediately moved next to Pipp, and karma struck again since Hitch was hit by a fruit again. Hitch had an irritated look and groaned.

Pipp tried to not laugh, but Sonic did laughed and then pulled his phone out. "Alright, I'm totally saving this one!" he said with a smile, then ran back with Hitch and took a selfie with him.

The four Pegasi then laugh at their accomplishments of flying as Sunny came to Zipp’s side. "Zipp, that was amazing! You're a natural" Sunny commented with a smile, as she placed a hoof on Zipp.

"I suppose it was kind of fun..." Zipp admitted with a smile. "You know, maybe I'll run that flight school after all…" she suggested, which shocked Sunny, but then Zipp continued with a smirk. "When crabs fly!" she finished with a smile, as both she and Sunny started laughing at the joke, while the entire group enjoyed their moments.

Unknown to them, the two birds Hitch’s crews carried McSnip into the air for him to experience what flying is, as they flew to the sky and into the clouds.

THE END

PreviousChapters Next