• Published 5th Sep 2023
  • 502 Views, 8 Comments

Alwas Appreciate What is Right in Front of You - coolpony01



A child by the name of Spike has always cared about his caretaker Twilight Sparkle and they've always been close in Ponville. But when she became a princess everything changed she became more demanding and Spike is going to go on a journey of self di

  • ...
6
 8
 502

Ch 1 Sadness

Hello my name is Spike. I am a dragon, a young one. I have purple scales, a green underbelly, green spikes on my back, green ear folds, and slanted pistachio eyes. I can breathe fire and can use it to send messages for Twilight. She uses them to send messages to nobles and her fellow princesses. I have always been one to help her since she was little from sending messages to the princess to helping her collect various books. I’ve always loved to help her. She even calls me her number one assistant which I’ve always loved and she’d always shown me that she cared, especially when we moved to Ponyville.

I’ve grown close to all her friends during the time we’ve lived in Ponyville. Applejack has always been one to ask me how I’m feeling and appreciates my help when I deliver apples for her during the harvest season. She’s also been a hard worker and one that cares for her family, traits I will always value. Pinkie Pie has always loved to make me laugh and I loved that about her. I love the fact that she has a fun and positive attitude. Fluttershy has always been so kind to me and asks me how I’m feeling and cheers me up. And then there’s Rarity, that jewel she has the most beautiful of manes I’ve ever seen. She’s always had the most refined voices I’ve ever heard and has always been so generous to all her friends and she was always so appreciative when I would help her collect gems for her.

I’ve seen them do many great things from defeating villains like Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Sombra. I’ve learned that people must always do what is right even throughout whatever will come in. Through all our hardships I’ve learned the value of friendship and is why I will always remember to value our friends and the memories we make together.

The memories I’ve made have always been so wonderful from the time we enjoyed donuts after the Canterlot Grand Galloping Gala to a basic picnic at the town park. These memories I’ve held especially close to my heart because of how special and joyful they make me feel. I’ve appreciated all the memories I’ve made with all my friends and I have Twilight to thank for which is why I will always support her.

She is a purple alicorn with a dark sapphire mane, with brilliant raspberry and moderate purple streaked mane and tail, moderate violet eye, and a pink star with white sparks around it for a cutie mark. She was born a unicorn but she earned her wings and her crown a few months ago when she finished one of Star Swirl’s spells. Then she was crowned Equestria’s newest Princess. I was so proud of everything she accomplished and so were all our friends and she was happy to say that it was her friends that allowed her to achieve everything she has done.

But after that she changed. Since she was now a princess it meant that she would have to take on quite a deal of responsibility and change her social status. She’s been acting more formal around everypony in Ponyville, even her own friends. It is saddening it has been a while since she has last spent a great deal of time with her friends. I know she is always busy right now but she also should spend time with her friends. Especially after all that they have done for her. She also rarely spends any time with me other than giving me new assignments. We moved to a bigger house that is very expensive. I also have to be wise among the guards. The ones that Twilight hired always talk behind my back saying that it is unwise to be near a Princess. I find that quite racist since the last major attack from any dragons occurred almost 400 years ago.

Since then the dragons have changed their ways they stopped eating sapient creatures and turned towards more peaceful methods with all the surrounding nations. They’ve embraced the friendship of pony kind and now are friendlier and kinder to all creatures globally especially the ponies and zebras to name a few. I don’t even eat meat myself. I may be an omnivore but that’s still not something I would ever do so I don’t know why the guards are acting this way.

I just finished cleaning the house. It is 9:30PM. time that I should be heading off to bed. I walked towards my bed room when I heard the guards talking about me

“Why does Princess Twilight keep that monster around, it's a threat to her safety.” one of the guards spoke. Tears began to fall down my eyes. Why do they have to say such mean things?

“That is not true.” I muttered silently.

“Not to mention what those monsters did in ancient times they may say they changed their ways but that doesn’t take back what they did and if they did those horrible things once couldn’t they just do it again.” One of the guards commented on the actions of my kind during less pleasant times.

“No kidding, those monsters deserve punishment for what they have done to us in those ancient times.” another guard responded with racial wording.

“Maybe Princess Twilight making him a servant is a proper punishment for the monster.” one of the guards spoke with a cruel laughter.

I ran away to my bedroom and began to cry on my bed hugging the stuffed animal elephant Pinkie Pie got me for my birthday last week when I turned nine.

“Doesn’t Twilight see me as family rather than a servant.” I thought to myself.

No, that's a silly question. Twilight would never see me as a servant; she's just giving me more chores because she’s a princess and therefore just needs more help with all her duties. She’s known me for literally my whole life. She couldn’t just forget about all that could she?