• Published 5th Sep 2023
  • 502 Views, 8 Comments

Alwas Appreciate What is Right in Front of You - coolpony01



A child by the name of Spike has always cared about his caretaker Twilight Sparkle and they've always been close in Ponville. But when she became a princess everything changed she became more demanding and Spike is going to go on a journey of self di

  • ...
6
 8
 502

Ch 18 Middle School

Today is the first day of middle school. I'll admit I’m a little nervous since I’ve never actually been to a school before. I also heard that middle school is when kids start judging others for being different and I am a dragon.

“Don’t be nervous Spike, I'm sure you'll make lots of friends.” Mom told me.

“But mom, what if they make fun of me.” I protested.

“It’s best to just ignore them. They probably want a reaction, however if it is necessary, you can always go to the secretary.” Mom said.

She then walked me to school, and I got my yearly schedule. I then went to my first class of the day. It was math. I got a syllabus and then we did some notes and got a basic assignment. My teacher’s name was Mr. Calculator. He is a little strict, but I don’t mind.

My next class was PE. My teacher Mr. Steel Hooves gave us a syllabus. “I know it’s the first day of school, but I expect that you kids get the proper amount of exercise.” Mr. Steel Hooves Spoke.

We were required to run around the gym ten times without stopping in three minutes. I managed to make it with twenty seconds to spare, not bad for my first time.

“I thought dragons were supposed to be tough but you’re just weak.” one of the students snickered. I felt a bit bad about that. The teacher heard and walked over and wrote down something.

“Give this to your parents.” He said in disdain.

When I walked down the hallway to my next class I saw some kids laugh at me “Hey Barney why aren’t you playing with the preschool kids.” They all laughed at that. I just ignored them and went to my next class. It was art. I am really good at art so I’ll probably be fine. I entered the classroom and saw that Sweetie Belle was in the class. I sat next to her.

“Hey Spike how have you been doing?” She asked with an optimistic smile.

“Oh, I’ve been doing great. My new mom is the best and raises me well.” I said in appreciation for my mom.

“That’s good, I'm glad you’re doing better.” She spoke.

“Yeah me two so how have you been doing?” I asked to my friend with a smile.

“Great Rarity made me a dress for the Heart’s Warming Eve Dance in December.” She said,

“My mom’s gonna take me shopping for a suit in December.” I said with a smile.
A teacher with a light gray coat, a curly brown mane and tail, brown eyes, and a creative looking piece of art for a cutie mark then walked in. “Hello students, my name is Miss Creative. I will be your art teacher for the semester.” She spoke. She then passed us all a syllabus and asked us to draw something in whatever way we wanted as long as it was school appropriate.

I drew a taller version of myself with more slanted sharper looking Spikes holding a sword trapped to my waist. I was going with an anime style. My teacher passed me and nodded her head.

I saw that Sweetie Belle drew herself playing a violin with a lot of very beautiful musical notes my jaw dropped iy was so beautiful I had no idea that Sweetie Belle could draw this good. I have to admit Sweetie Belle is amazing at a lot of things.

The next class I went to was English. I got a syllabus and we reviewed some English vocabulary terms. It wasn't very much.

After all that I went to lunch I got a daffodil sandwich. I saw Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and their changeling friend Bella. I walked over to them and said, “Hey do you mind if I sit here.” I asked politely.

“No problem.” Scootaloo spoke.

“How have y'all been?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Oh great, my aunt and mom are the best.” I said with confidence.

“That’s a good thing.” Scootaloo spoke.

We then saw three pegasus colts walk over one had a gray coat, spiky black hair, purple eyes, and a black thunder cloud for a cutie mark. Another had a gray coat, a green spiky mane and tail, green eyes, and a gray twister for a cutie mark. The last one had a white coat, a white spiky mane and tail, light blue eyes, and a blizzard for a cutie mark.

“Thunder Storm, Twister, Blizzard, what do you want?” Apple Bloom demanded.

“All we want to know is why you are hanging out with yet another freak.” Thunder Storm spoke.

“What!” I spoke in an angry tone knowing they were talking about me.

“Well dragons do eat ponies after all.” Blizzard spoke with a nasty smirk.

“First of all, dragons haven’t done that since ancient times and second of all I’ve lived in Ponyville for years and I haven’t caused any problems.” I stated.

“That doens’t mean you couldn’t cause any problems.” Twister spoke.

“Oh, like you when you created that giant twister.” Apple Bloom retorted.

“How dare you that was an accident.” Twister replied angrily.

“Yeah, we know you accidentally caused a twister that did more damage than that time Spike lost control of his greed.” Scootaloo spoke.

“Oh, right that was pretty bad wasn’t it.” Thunder Bolt started with a grin.

“Well at least he can say that he didn’t have control other than being arrogant and stupid by creating a freaking Twister when he knew that was a bad idea.” Scootaloo defended me unimpressed.

They then left.

“Wow they are such jerks.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Yeah, I know ponies like them suck.” Bella complained, annoyed.

Sweetie Belle then put a gentle hoof to Bella’s shoulder “Well at least we have each other right.” Sweetie Belle spoke kindly.

We then began to eat and talk. It was kinna nice and I am glad to have some friends at my new school. Maybe my new school won’t be so bad.