• Published 5th Sep 2023
  • 502 Views, 8 Comments

Alwas Appreciate What is Right in Front of You - coolpony01



A child by the name of Spike has always cared about his caretaker Twilight Sparkle and they've always been close in Ponville. But when she became a princess everything changed she became more demanding and Spike is going to go on a journey of self di

  • ...
6
 8
 502

Ch 23 Annoying Scientists

I’m now in seventh garden I’m learning quite a lot. I also learned how Equestrian society works and I’m perfectly fine with it for the most part even with the nobles. Sure, they’ve tried to pass things like denying non ponies' access to the latest medical magic or be able to hold positions in government, but they would and couldn’t ever get passed. Princess Celestia would never allow such laws to pass.

My school life is fine I have many friends and I enjoy my classes though I hate final semster exams.

I’m heading back home now I have some homework to do but it will only take me an hour or so to get done.

I went inside when I saw a group of scientists and my mom. “Mom what’s going on” I asked.

“See young drake the scientific community does not know much about your kind and it would make sense to obtain a subject in order to learn more.” One of the scientists answered.

“And that will not happen Spike is a legal citizen of Equestria and I have full legal custody over him.” Mom said.

“Mame, we need to know more dragons and their behavior.” The scientist spoke.

“We already have enough knowledge about their species and the law clearly states that no one from the science department has the right to experiment on any sapient creature.” Mom said.

“But dragons can be dangerous.” One of the scientists objected.

“Dangerous when was the last time there was even a sighting of hostile dragon behavior tell me. The only reason you want to experiment on me is to ease your bigoted fears of non-ponies. I’ve dealt with your kind behavior, and you won’t be experimenting on me today or any other day.” I said with anger.

We then saw two police officers walk in “Mame we heard your call.” a police stallion spoke.

The other one approached the scientist “You do realize this violates several codes it is illegal to experiment on any sapient creature regardless of what that creature is. It is also illegal to do so against a child and he is already a citizen. Doing so would probably result in a war between dragons' ad Equestrians and so we will have to ask you to leave the child be.” The police officer said.

The scientist then left, and I hugged my mom. “Don’t worry Spike I will never let them do anything like that to you.” mom said.

“You’re the best mom ever.” I spoke.