• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 2,345 Views, 114 Comments

Son of Chaos - twow443



Discord has returned one last time to spread chaos, and he plans to use his son to do it.

  • ...
11
 114
 2,345

Darkening Dawn

Chapter 14-Darkening Dawn

I opened my eyes to a painting of my mother. “Okay, not what I expected to see.” I slowly lifted myself up. Looking at all the drawings and paintings, I knew that I was in my room. I sighed and was about to lay back down.

“Oh no! Discord!” I shot up so fast, I felt dizzy and almost passed out. I slowly laid back down. “Nope. I'm not moving now.”

As the dizziness passed, I heard my door open. I slightly raised my head to see that it was Celestia and Luna walking in. They came around to my head, Luna on the left, Celestia on the right. “How are you feeling Shade?” Luna asked.

“Like I was ran over by a wagon, then picked up and shaken like a foal.” I groaned, holding my head in my hooves. Celestia and Luna exchanged smiles. “I'm glad you're okay, but what happened?” I asked.

Luna nodded to the both of us, then turned and left the room. Celestia sat down next to me.

“Shade.” she softly said, running her hoof though my mane. “I..I am so sorry.”

“For what?” I asked, resting my head on the pillows again.

“Everything.” She waved her hoof towards all my pictures. “I never meant for this to happen. For you...”

“To be born?” I interrupted her. I felt sadness flow from her and shook my head. “It's okay mom. I finally understand.”

“What do you mean?” She questioned, turning to face me again.

I hesitated, not sure how to word my thoughts. “I understand why I wasn't supposed to exist. You and Luna aren't supposed to have foals, correct?” Celestia nodded, a questioning look on her face. “When I was hiding out with Sweetie Belle, we had spent a night in Twilight's library. I had picked up a book on...well you and Luna. It said that you two are unable to have foals.”

Celestia continued to brush my mane. “That is very true. We aren't able to conceive with natural ponies.”

“That's what I read. So it led me to believe that I was an accident.” I said, seeing Celestia slightly wince at my statement. “Because you or Luna would have to be with a supernatural being to have a foal, such as Discord. What I don't understand is why I was born.”

Celestia could tell that I was directing a question at her. “Shade, I've wanted to tell you how and why you were born. But I can't.” She stopped brushing my mane as I looked down in disappointment. “It isn't that I don't want to, I'm unable too.”

My curiosity piqued, I looked up at her. “What do you mean?”

“I can't remember it.” My mother said. “I've tried, many times. Luna and I have attempted different memory spells, asked ponies if they remember that time. We found nothing.”

I sighed. “It's fine. Eventually Chrysalis will show her face again, and I'll get the answers from her.”

Celestia was quiet. “Shade, I'm not sure what her plans are, or if you really did scare her off for good. I do know that next time, you won't have to face it alone.”

“I believe you.” I said, smiling.

Celestia was staring at me for so long, I felt uneasy. “Is something wrong?”

“Do you remember anything of what took place in the fight?” Celestia asked me.

“I remember almost losing Fluttershy.” I said. “I also remember standing in the way of the Elements of Harmony. Other then that, nothing.”

“Shade, when you stood in the way of the beam, you successfully turned Discord into stone.” Celestia told me. “But you continued to fire the beam even after your friends had lost their power.”

My eyes widened, and I freaked out.. “But how?! I don't have that kind of magical capabilities!”

Celestia sighed, apparently trying to figure the best way to word what she was going to say next. “The magic required to successfully turn a living creature into stone is very strong. Only Luna and I together can cast it. You didn't cast the spell, when the magic ran though you it drew on your power.” I saw tears well up in my mother's eyes. “Instead of your magic dieing down, it amplified to the point where it blew Discord into pieces.”

“So, he's dead..” I fell back onto the pillow, my heart feeling torn apart. “I didn't want to kill him.”

“I know, Shade.” Celestia told me, leaning down to hug me. “Trust me, I know.” I fell asleep, with my mother hugging me. It's safe to say that I slept peacefully throughout the day.

. . .

Dancing Mist slowly trotted though the dark hall, on her way to see her mother. She stopped at the large, black wooden door and rapped on it twice.

“Come in.” a tired voice yelled to her. She slowly opened the door and looked around the room.

Queen Chrysalis’s room wasn't very fancy or well decorated. Being in a cave area, the walls were made out of stone and the ground was the same. There were several torches magically placed around the room near the ceiling. A large rainbow colored rug decorated the ground.

Dancing Mist went over to her mother's side. “How are you feeling today?”

Chrysalis sighed. “Much better now. How did everything go on the surface?”

Misty smiled. “Exactly as you planned. I don't understand why you didn't want me to kill the Element of Kindness.”

Chrysalis stared at Misty with a slightly annoyed look. “Because that was not the time for you to take your revenge on Shade. That will be AFTER I've brought Celestia to her knees, understand?” As Misty nodded, looking downcast, Chrysalis smiled. “Cheer up. You will have plenty of time for that later.”

The two changelings raised their heads at the sound of a cry. “Oh, is he awake?” Misty cried.

Chrysalis’s face softened. “Yes, he is.” She turned around to show Misty a beautiful baby changeling. He had soft green eyes, a black carapace and his mane was plant green. He had the cutest small transparent blueish wings.

Misty picked him up from his mother. “He's adorable. Have you thought of a name?”

Chrysalis watched the baby giggle and tug on Misty's mane. “I was thinking of naming him after or around his father's name. What do you think about Null?”

“I like it.” Misty said. “You think he'll be surprised?”

Chrysalis gave an evil grin to her daughter. “Yes. I do believe that he will.”