• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 21,635 Views, 1,186 Comments

Eyes On You - UnlicensedBrony



When Twilight takes in the wounded Trixie to nurse her back to health, she sets the showmare on the difficult path of learning to trust. 'Twixie' romance/adventure story, set a few weeks after the events of 'Boast Busters'.

  • ...
31
 1,186
 21,635

Epilogue and author's notes

Two months later...

The stars seemed to shine brighter than usual that night, as Twilight Sparkle laid on her balcony with a paper scroll in front of her. The night sky provided all the light she needed to see the words on the page, but for once, she wasn't paying much attention to the written word.

The world was very still – the kind of still that one could actually feel, actually notice. There was a light breeze, neither cold nor bothersome, just gentle enough to caress the fur on the back of her neck. No ponies yelled or cheered in the streets after one of Pinkie's parties. No crickets sang to disturb the peace. Only the occasional hoot of a graceful owl pierced the calming silence.

It was Twilight's favourite kind of night. It helped her to think, about a lot of things. And, with how hectic the past few months had been, she needed all the help she could get.

Being champion of the Manehattan Display made one famous over a much wider area than just the city itself. The past two months had seen a large increase in the number of travellers and tourists to Ponyville, coming in search of the 'amazing showmare duo that dazzled the whole of Manehattan'. It was quite the fanbase they'd amassed, and while Twilight would never complain about making so many ponies happy, it was nice to get away from it all when she could.

That was getting easier and easier, now that the initial hype had died down. For the first few weeks, ponies had been coming up to her in the streets – asking for autographs or photographs, inviting her to 'exclusive' parties, begging her to perform for them at fancy venues. Now, after a couple of months, she still had all of that, but in a much more subdued capacity. Most requests or invitations came in written form, and they were perfectly manageable within Twilight's daily schedule. And, in most cases, it was her pleasure to oblige.

Nowadays, the thoughts that filled her mind mostly were not those of excitable fans, nor were they of her studies, in point of fact. The thoughts were those of a certain, azure-coated unicorn.

A kiss. A hug. A word. A smile...

Those thoughts always made her feel warm, and tonight was no exception. Her eyes turned to the moon as the warmth filled her up and made her let out a content breath through her nose.

She let minutes pass, simply drifting around in her own little world, before finally turning back to the scroll of paper which lay in front of her on the balcony. Starlight illuminated the black inked words that ran down the page, forming a half-written letter to Princess Celestia. She'd been puzzling over it for what must've been hours now, but she wasn't really in any hurry. It was a relaxed sort of night, and she didn't want to waste it by stressing out.

“Procrastinating again, Twilight? Somehow, I don't think your Princess would approve.”

Snapping out of her daydream, Twilight gave the barest hint of a start and looked over her shoulder. Trixie had just stepped out onto the balcony, wearing her cape, a pair of saddlebags and a warm sort of smirk.

“I'm not procrastinating,” said Twilight, “I'm just looking for inspiration.”

Trixie closed the door behind her and gave a deliberate flick of her mane. “Thinking about pretty mares, more like.”

“I have no idea who you might be talking about,” said Twilight, looking back out towards the starry sky with a smile now gracing her lips. “How was your day?”

“Fantastic, as ever,” said Trixie. A rustling and a quiet thud told that she had dropped her saddlebags down by the door. “Everypony loved my performance and the new spell went down perfectly. It actually caught the eye of a noble couple from Canterlot, who recognised me from the Display. They offered to make a 'sizeable donation' to the Ponyville Town Hall Repair Fund if I could convince you to perform with me next week. Wednesday, if you're interested.”

Twilight's smile widened. “Always. I'll work it into my schedule.” She let her gaze fall back down to the paper in front of her and started idly pretending to write. “I take it the Farmer's Market was a success then?”

She could almost hear Trixie turning her nose up and smiling with pride. “It was. Trixie's performance drew in crowds from all over town, just like you predicted. Most of the stalls were sold out within a couple of hours. And I think your apple friend is starting to like me – she actually shook my hoof when her last pie disappeared.”

“Glad to hear it,” said Twilight. “But my friends might start to like you faster if you actually remembered their names.”

“Oh, I remember their names,” said Trixie dismissively. “I'm just being cute.”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “You think far too highly of yourself, Miss Lulamoon.”

Twilight could hear the smirk in Trixie's voice. “One cannot think too highly of the Great and Powerful Trixie, 'Miss Sparkle'.”

As she heard Trixie approaching, Twilight lifted her quill from the letter and let it rest in the inkwell, pretending to think of what to write next.

“What're you working on?” Trixie asked over Twilight's shoulder.

“A friendship report to Princess Celestia.”

“Another one?” said Trixie.

Twilight lowered her head a little bit. “No. The same one.”

“Again?” Trixie leant in closer to get a look at the scroll. “How long have you been working on that now?”

“Almost two months,” Twilight admitted quietly. “Since the week we got back from the Display.”

Trixie squinted down at the scroll. “You know how much I adore your obsessive attention to detail, but even you can't spend two months on two paragraphs worth of writing.”

“I haven't been working on it constantly,” Twilight stressed, going a little red. “And this is just the latest version! I've written lots of letters, they just haven't been...”

'Just haven't been...'?” said Trixie.

“...'Right',” said Twilight.

Trixie rolled her eyes more obviously than Twilight had seen in a long while. “Give it here, let me see.”

Twilight made a false-reluctant gesture and hesitated for a moment before magically passing it over. Trixie took it in her own magical grip and ran her eyes across the scroll as she sat down next to Twilight.



Dear Princess Celestia,” Trixie read aloud. “I'm very sorry for the lateness of this letter. It's important to me that I get it right, and so I wanted to take some time to make sure that I'd gotten all the facts down and, well, I suppose I got carried away.

A few months ago – though it already feels like a lot longer – I met somepony very special. I didn't know it at the time, but Trixie came to teach me a valuable lesson about friendship.



Trixie lowered the scroll and frowned thoughtfully. “Okay,” she said. “It's... a start.”

“Yeah,” Twilight muttered. “I'm just not quite sure where to go from there.”

“Mmm,” Trixie grunted. There was a long pause, during which Trixie stared at the scroll and Twilight waited patiently for her to suggest something. And then, Trixie picked up the quill and said “Here, let me try.”

Hesitant, but curious, Twilight shuffled backwards and allowed Trixie some room to put the scroll down on the balcony. She watched over Trixie's shoulder as the showmare began writing, the silent ambience of night broken only by the scratching of the quill.



The lesson I taught Twilight, Princess Celestia, is that sometimes it can be hard to allow yourself to get close to another pony.

Allowing someone to help with your fears and troubles means that you have to put a certain amount of trust in them, and that can be scary, especially if you've been hurt in the past. Accepting that, and moving past it, is the first step towards making a friend. If you just give somepony the chance to earn your trust, you might find that they surprise you with their intentions.



Trixie paused to look at Twilight, and offered a genuine smile before returning to the scroll.



In a long time, I've never really shown myself to others. There have been times when I've used my showmare persona as a shield, and other times when my pride has pushed people away. I liked it that way – or, at least, I thought I did – because it meant that I didn't have to risk getting close enough to someone to be hurt, or used. I'd be known to everyone as the 'Great and Powerful Trixie', never needing anyone's help but my own.

But Twilight has shown me that being alone isn't the only way. It might be safer, sure, but it's also lacking in something I'd forgotten about until very recently. Companionship. For me, it's been one of the things you don't realise is important until you have it. But it is important to me. And that's why, sometimes, it's okay to trust.

I'm still working on that part, but I'm trying my best to give people here in Ponyville – and certain others from my past – the chance to get to know me properly. The prospect is daunting, to say the least, but I think the possibility of my opening myself to others besides Twilight is... Well, it's a possibility. One day at a time.

Twilight has introduced me to something amazing, Princess. She has introduced me to the prospects of trust, and of friendship, the rewards for which have already proven to be greater than anything I could've ever expected to find on my own.



She stopped writing. There was a long pause as she set down the quill and looked over her work, during which time, Twilight just watched and waited patiently. When she was done, Trixie looked across and gave Twilight a searching look. “Well? How's that?”

A smile spread across Twilight's face as she looked over Trixie's letter herself. The words on the scroll touched her more than she'd thought they would, if only because it was Trixie who wrote them. She didn't think that she could put it any better if she tried to.

“It looks perfect to me,” she whispered. She leaned over to give Trixie an affectionate kiss on the nose. “Thank you.”


With the letter finally finished, Twilight put the quill to paper to sign it...



Your faithful student,

~Twilight Sparkle



“Ahem.”

Twilight turned to see Trixie looking back at her with a raised eyebrow.

“What?” said Twilight. “I always sign it like that.”

Trixie tutted and gently took the quill from Twilight's grasp. She crossed out Twilight's name – despite a disapproving grunt – and wrote...



Your faithful students,

~Twilight Sparkle

~The Great and Powerful Trixie and the Educated and Well-read Twilight Sparkle



“There,” said Trixie, smiling as she deposited the quill in the inkwell with finality. “Much better.”

Twilight bit her lip, trying not to giggle at the ridiculously long signature, but it did her little good. After a quick chortle, she smiled across at Trixie. Trixie smiled back. Twilight leaned down and gave her partner's fetlock a quick nuzzle--

“Ow!” Trixie recoiled from the touch, her face a grimace.

Twilight gasped, mortified and wondering what she'd done. “Trixie! Your leg, I--”

And then Trixie peeked open an eye and flashed a teasing smirk. Twilight's mouth dropped open as she realised the prank. She poked Trixie in the side, and the showmare immediately started giggling. “You are terrible!”

“Terribly cute,” said Trixie.

Amidst the gentle giggles that graced the balcony of their home, Twilight and Trixie leant close to one another and shared a long blissful kiss. They would share in the embrace for minutes that stretched into hours, and hours into much, much more.


...Twilight's horn lit up faintly as she opened one eye and lifted the quill, lowering it to the scroll one last time. After she'd erased the existing signature, she simply wrote...



~Twilight and Trixie x

* * *

FIN

Author's Note:

Aaand... done. Phew!

Well, everyone, it's been a long, long time coming, but we've finally reached the end after two and a half years, thirty chapters and more words than I can count (but FimFic says it's around one-hundred-and-forty-thousand). It's been quite a journey, and as I've said before, Eyes On You has changed so much over the time I've spent writing it. Originally it was going to be a five/six chapter, generic Twixie get-together fic. And now... well, it's this!

The main thing I want to say here is “Thank you,” because what's happened with the story is largely down to you. Thank you to everyone who read and loved Eyes On You. And to those of you who just liked it. And even to those who just thought “Meh, it's alright I guess”, and read it all through anyway. You all are the main reason I stuck with this project through to the end, and your feedback and suggestions have taken the story places I never would've considered.

There were definitely times when I felt like giving it up as a bad job, and leaving it in the pile with the other unfinished Twixies. But I didn't. Because every time it even occurred to me, I got a message saying “I love this story, thanks for writing it!” or “Got home from work to see a new chapter had posted. Woot!” Okay, no-one actually said 'Woot', but the point is... your constant feedback and encouragement has been a great help over these thirty months – I feel that I've grown immensely as a writer, and I've met so many new people as a result of writing this story alone. So thank you all, for your support, and for just being awesome.

Unfortunately, I can't thank absolutely everyone I'd like to here by name (or I'd never have time to write another fic!) but I'd like to give a couple of shoutouts to a few people in particular...

Aragon, who sacrificed eating time between exams to pre-read for me, and was an amazing help with these last few chapters. Big thank you to him, and to everyone else who pre-read for me - TaviPlaysTheBass, Mercury Gilado, Kooshster and fimfic4ever (tell me if I missed anyone, you are all wonderful!)

To my friend LordJameh, who also pre-read for me, and whose enthusiasm for the story has been a great morale boost! And also for being there for me when I needed a place to crash, or just a friend to hang with. You're a good guy, dude.

To fellow Twixie shippers, Yukito and NavitasErusSirus, who've both been a big inspiration to me. See you guys at BUCK con! Also to Applejack-fan, for sticking with my stories and constantly saving me from my typos. Thanks man, and please keep your keen eye on anything new I end up writing!

And finally to Vyreinos – the man who incidentally introduced me to Twixie, and fanfiction as a whole, through a little number called “Teardrops and Snowflakes”. Who'd have thought that would ever lead me here? Thank you, Vyreinos – you brought me into something truly awesome.



I've already thanked the rest of you at least once, but I'll do it again because I can't say it enough. Thank you to each and every one of you who read Eyes On You! If any of you ever want to offer feedback, comments, suggestions, or just want to say “Hi!”, don't hesitate to send me a PM, or email me at Unlicensedbrony@gmail.com. I love hearing from ya!

Until next time, stay brony, my friends. :twilightsmile:


“Eyes On You”
a romantic fanfiction story by Unlicensedbrony (R. A. Rogers)



* * *



This is a non-profit fan-made work of prose. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the property of Hasbro. Please support the official release.



* * *


Rainbow Dash's story will be continued in “Fall Back”
(coming... when it's ready)

:raritywink:

Comments ( 93 )

And so one of my favourite stories comes to an end, it's been a hell of a good time reading this, can't wait to see what ya do next, I think you mentioned something about an appledash colloab, but i don't know if you said that was next :twilightsheepish:

Also, yay i was mentioned, WOOT! (now someone's said it :rainbowlaugh:)

Well after so long it is finally over:fluttercry: but what a ride. All the good Twixie fics are reaching their conclusion and none of the new ones have the right feel, which is irritating,

Aaaaaand that's it. The wonderful story of purple and blue has come to its conclusion.
Thank you for writing this - it was a great read all the way through, I enjoyed every second of it.
And yay for the Fall Back story you have prepared! I know I can't wait :twilightsmile:

Wonderful! Bravo bravo. Encore! :scootangel:

When this first started, I was worried that it would be a standard shipfic. It started that way, but you found something to make this stand out. I'm glad I stuck with it to see how it would grow.

A nice ending, everything pretty much wrapped up.

One thing though that will always keep me wondering about this story, is how things would have changed if you had kept the original idea of Trixie and Twilight losing the Display. I know you got a lot of flack for it, but it's something I thought would be more interesting for character development. Eh, this way works just fine, it's just that I'm left to puzzling out what could have been.

Very nice work! Glad to see you finished and are working towards the next big thing!

What an amazing story.:heart: So happy to see Rainbow and Twi settle things and remain great friends and Trix feeling much happier now that she's with Twi. :pinkiesmile:

Thank you for such a wonderful story.:twilightsmile: You had me hooked since the beginning and never failed to keep my attention. I loved your characterization and your work on the setting on each scene was masterfully done. :heart: I wish you good luck on your future writing endeavors and I'm eager to see what you come up with next.:twilightsmile:

Still can't get over that mirror.:heart:

4708879 I believe you mean brava; and I second the motion.

I'm... sad and happy it's over. I'm sad it's over and won't be continuing, but also happy it had a resolution. I love this and think it's one of the best damned fics I've read, not just Twixie but period. I'm glad you wrote it and glad you finished it. Bravo!

Sequel revolving around Twilight getting her wings? Maybe?

This was an amazing story, that's for sure. I enjoyed every moment of it.

Although there's one thing the story didn't cover that I'm truly curious about...

Shining, Cadence, and Twi's parents' reactions to her new relationship. I think Shining for certain and the parents possibly would want to come down and 'review' Trixie as far as their opinions of Twi's new marefriend. That would certainly be an enjoyable story to read, even if it didn't make it all the way to 10 chapters. There could be the stress when the letters informing Twilight of the visits to 'meet Trixie' arrive, a bit of rocky development, eventual acceptance, and then nudges about "when's the wedding" and "what about grandfoals?"

A wonderful ending to a great story. I am a sucker for well-written and emotionally engaging romance, and this was exceptionally well done. Love it.

Rainbow Dash's story will be continued in “Fall Back”

so... this will become its own little universe? Nice^^ Me gusta mucho^^

Great job, guy. I loved how you presented the characters, and the fairly unique relationship Trixie and Twilight shared. Can't wait for your next story.

4710340 Nice catch on that my friend, I have gone back and stricken the line from the letter - that wasn't supposed to be left in there. I'll have to go back through those couple of chapters and make sure I haven't made any other references to them going last - but I think we should be good. :twilightsmile:

Wish I could have with this story since the beginning but I've only been a brony for a few months so yeah. That said this is still a great story and one of the better Twixie fics I have read. Sadly when a story like this reaches its end it's always bittersweet. While the ending was as well writen as the rest of the story I still find myself wishing there was more.

I always find I never know what to say when a story is over, especially a long one. I'm going to miss this one, but the promise of more involving RD is certainly a nice bonus. :pinkiehappy:
It's been a good run. :twilightsmile:

Woot! There's going to be a universe!

Yes! I love it when a fic follows through to the end. Thank you unlicensed!:twilightsmile:

To be honest, eating is pretty overrated. Thanks for the shout-out, though.

Anyway, I personally find this version of the chapters much better, and as everybody else said, the ending was awesome. Even though I'm a sucker for romance (and I'll read anything with Twixie, even though later I'll probably criticise the hell out of it) I really enjoyed this fic's character development. Especially Trixie.

And hell, you actually made me care for an OC. For me, that's kind of a big deal. I hate OCs with a passion, and I know for sure I would squee like a motherfucker if Flaire appears in the sequel. Hell, I'd probably read a Flaire-centered story too. Go figure.

Now I guess we just need to wait for the sequel. As with this one, if you feel like asking me for help if the ending (or the beginning or whatever) seems like it would work better with a tweak, just PM me.

Congratulations on finishing the fic!

Nice ending with the letter, that was the perfect conclusion.

Looking forward to Fall Back.

Wonderful story! I'm not actually a huge Twixie fan, but I'm in favor of any relationship that can work, and this one works. Their natural progression makes the whole story feel more authentic, and I enjoyed the frequent interruptions just as it appeared they were going to confess their true feelings.

Nice work. :twilightsmile:

Liked. Favorited. Followed.

4708293 Thank you man, and for your help as well. Glad you had a hell of a good time reading it, because I sure did writing it (with some bumps of course :twilightsheepish: ) Yup, next up on the agenda is the Appledash collab - that's what I'll be working on mostly anyway, I can't say whether it'll be releasing first since we haven't nailed down the details yet. But we'll keep you posted!


4708392 I'm both happy and sad that it's come to an end. Mostly happy thought :pinkiehappy: I love a good Twixie fic, I certainly hope some of my other favourite Twixie authors find the time/inspiration to finish their stories, as it's been far too long since I've actually read Twixie.


4708546 You are very welcome :twilightsmile: Fall Back should be a good one to write - I'm looking forward to doing a bit more with Dash, as she's a lot of fun to write. I'll keep you (and everyone) in the loop as to how it's coming along, but it won't be for a while as I'm working on a bunch of other things too.


4708642 :trixieshiftright: :twilightblush:


4708879 Thank you! Okay, encore! :pinkiehappy: ...Wait, what did I just agree to? :twilightoops:

Seriously though, Fall Back will indeed be something of an encore, though it will obviously be more Dash focused than Twixie. :rainbowdetermined2:


4708882 Thank you very much for sticking with it to the end, and I'm glad you got the chance to watch it grow too. Yeah it's something I would've been interested to explore further as well. Besides the basic plan for the other scenario, I didn't delve much into actually writing it. That said, I'm also very glad with how this turned out, and I'm glad you are too! :twilightsmile:


4708961 Aw, thank you for all the kind words! It was my pleasure to write, because of people like you :heart:


4709323 Likewise! Though I'm mostly on the happy side at the minute, and I've got lots of other ideas to keep my creative mind busy, so not a lot of time to be sad about it :pinkiesmile: Thanks for sticking with it, and for the major compliment!

4709337 :pinkiegasp: I love this idea! But would Twilight still become a princess if Trixie had come back? :moustache: I'll keep this idea in mind, and let you know if I come up with anything. Thank you!

Sorry I'm late to the party, I've been away the past week without internet access. A good holiday, but I missed these being uploaded as a result.

I have to say, I'm very satisfied with how you've wrapped this up. It is a fitting end for what has been one of my favourite pieces of fan fiction of all time.
Naturally, I'm looking forward to Fall Back, regardless of whether it ends up being FlutterDash or not, but your upcoming collab sounds equally worthy of a read. AppleDash has never really been a ship I've sailed myself, but neither was Twixie before I read Eyes On You, so I'll be walking into that story with an open mind. I look forward to both of them.

Last, but not in any way least: Thank you for this story and the entertainment, brain-fuel and comfort it has given me to read.

4709586 Thank you very much! Further to the above comment about doing a story centred around Twilight getting her wings, I think this is another great idea. Maybe I could make a mini universe out of it and have smaller stories to cover different scenarios like Twi's family / her wings / Trixie and Flaire / Flaire and Rose. Again, I'll give it some thought :twilightsmile:


4710560 4716276

so... this will become its own little universe?

Woot! There's going to be a universe!

Haha, I guess that's right!


4710637 Thank you :twilightsmile: I'm really proud to have created this, and I hope my next story (whatever it ends up being) will be just as unique :pinkiehappy:


4711000 Hmhm, glad to hear it! Dash's story will be a while, but I think it'll be a good one. And of course there'll be the bonus of background Twixie :raritywink:


4711255 Mmm, I know the feeling :pinkiesmile: (EDIT: Lost the rest of my reply :derpytongue2: Thank you for reading, and for the compliment. Also it's cool that you found this as a relatively new brony, and I hope it's a good early impression of what the fandom can create.)


4713632 It has been a good run. I'm glad you stuck around! :twilightsmile:


4718076 You're welcome! Let's hope some of the other Twixie's get finished too! :pinkiesmile:


4718113 Thank you! Originally, character development wasn't going to be that central of a concept in this story, but I'm glad it evolved the way it did. Developing Twilight and Trixie, especially in the later chapters, was probably my favourite part of writing this. Well... okay, besides all the cuteness / romantic scenes :twilightblush:

Glad to hear you liked Flaire! Again, I'm glad I developed him the way I did in the end (with help from pretty much everyone who commented!) and now that I think about it, it would be very possible to do a Flaire-centric sequel... But that's for another time - I've got a tonne more stories to do before then!

And I'll definitely take you up on that offer - your help has been invaluable :pinkiehappy:


4718582 Thank you! Yeah that letter is something I had in mind since quite early on... relatively speaking. I pictured how it would play out in an episode and worked it from that angle, and I'm glad the end effect turned out well :twilightsmile:


4724822

but I'm in favor of any relationship that can work

Me too! And it's really good to hear that Eyes On You falls into that category :twilightsmile: Haha, I felt I was getting a bit carried away with those interruptions at one point, but at the same time, I loved it :rainbowlaugh: Thank you very much, and I hope you enjoy whatever I get around to writing next as much!


4725479 Glad you had a good holiday, but even more so that you enjoyed the conclusion to Eyes On You :twilightsmile: Fall Back should be a good one (I hope), but this Appledash is sounding more and more promising as I get further into exploring it. I've started writing out some scenes and there are some potentially great ones in there. It's just a matter of fitting them all together and filling in the gaps :pinkiesmile:

And you are very welcome. It was my pleasure to write :yay:

4725330 you're welcome, mate, and thanks for giving me the opportunity to help, it was my pleasure :twilightsmile: If ya ever need me to do it again I would be more than happy to :pinkiehappy:

Appledash is my OTP, so naturally I'm very excited about your next project :rainbowkiss::ajsmug:

It took me finding the time to read all of this from beginning to end to finally read the last few chapters. It also sucks a little when you see a story you loved finally come to an end, but this ended about as well as I had hoped.

I'm still kind of amazed its finally over. You really captured a very good and exciting romance in this fic, and made it unique. You pulled off alot with this, and it worked wonderfully.

Only real surprise I had was that Trixie still only knew her charlatan magic tricks, or at least, when Trixie was being tossed off the tower due to the water blasts that's what Twilight revealed. I suppose they didn't really have alot of time for Trixie to learn new spells though, just to learn to work her magic with another pony. Really did love the slow transformation Trixie went through in this. From her total lack of distrust to slowly starting to lean a little on Twilight, to the end where Trixie decided she cared enough about Twilight to stop doing her long journey's, it was a great read.

I look forward to your next two and a half year long fic. :pinkiehappy:

What a ride, good stuff yo :pinkiesmile:

the character development of this story is some of the best I've read, great work.

4840282 good sir, you have my respect, admiration, and envy for your flexibility.

4840282 Actually, I am too. It's not even that hard. :twilightoops:

Well I know this is a month late, but here are my final thoughts on this story. It was an amazing end to an amazing Twixie story. I am really happy they ended up both staying in Ponyville. It made it much more of a happy and satisfying ending.

I love the way the twidash was handled. It wasn't just left alone off in the corner. It was actually confronted and it was done in a believable and pleasant way.

The Twixie was of course phenomenally executed. They started off a little uncertain in a way and they grew together. Both of them grew in some way. Twilight became less overly modest and Trixie grew up some. This story is further proof why Twixie is so awesome :rainbowdetermined2:.

The letter at the end was a very well done and wonderful touch. It made it feel a lot like an actual arc in the show when they still did letters. Spike's reaction was pretty good too after they returned to Ponyville.

Anyways thank you for finishing such a wonderful story and sticking with it even when it got tough. I would favorite it and give it a thumbs up, but I already did that long ago. Sadly those can only be done once per story :pinkiesad2:. :rainbowlaugh:

*Ahem* 'Woot!'

We are sort of obligated to throw you at least one of those. :derpytongue2:

Wonderful story, well written, and I am pleased that it wrapped up. Finished stories are wonderful things, especially with Twixie. It's a beautiful story which plays off both their personalities as mentioned in the show.

The Rainbow Dash thing was a bit puzzling... but then again, there's a reason the fandom ships just about any pony with any pony. There's potential there, since everyone is so gosh darn happy and nice.

Final Veridict: It is good, and you should feel good for having written it. Well done.

Thats a lot of words... oh well good fics are worth diving into

...here goes! :pinkiecrazy:

Hello all! I haven't been keeping up with comments, so I thought I'd come by and grab a few while I had some time and energy on my hooves! As usual, replies to comments on earlier chapters should be at the top, so don't scroll down past your reply if you don't want spoilers! :pinkiehappy:


4942015 Hmhm :twilightsmile: I tend to use them interchangeably, actually. Anyone and anypony, anyway :raritywink: Same with somepony and someone etc. I think they do the same in the show, though I haven't specifically researched it. How are you finding the story so far?? :scootangel:


5053098 Ah, sorry man! Well, it's not necessarily against Appledash (incidentally, I love Appledash myself - it's my second favourite ship behind Twixie). Thanks for still liking the fic though :twilightsmile:

5078958 Hey, thanks! :scootangel: I'm getting back into writing fanfics, so a sequel is always a possibility. My creative energy is overflowing right now! (thus the big and excitable replies!) Also I liked your comment about the Twilight/Trixie/Rainbow situation :twilightsmile: I'll admit that there were times my Twixie shipper's instincts faltered whilst writing - but I felt very much like you do at this stage.

5020193 You're right, it wasn't exactly planned! I guess they might've made a bigger deal about it - and looking back on it, they probably should have. If I were to go through and do an editing pass (for which I'm having continuous 'for' and 'against' opinions thrown at me!) that would be one of the things I'd emphasise more earlier on. Glad you're enjoying the story though, thanks for your comment! :pinkiesmile:

4972079 :trixieshiftright: :pinkiehappy:

4851405 I know this is a month and a half late, but thank you very much for the kind words :twilightsmile: It really means a lot to hear that you liked the way both the Twixie and Twidash was handled - even now after the story has been finished for a while. I still come back and look at all the comments and smile :twilightblush:

For the letter, I must give credit to Aragon for helping me out! My original draft of it needed some work, and he offered some excellent guidance where it was needed - especially right at the end, where the impact was most important. Like you say, I wanted it to feel like the end of an arc from the show!

Thanks again for your comment, and for reading and enjoying the story!


4860732 Huzzah! Thank you for the "Woot!" :pinkiehappy: And I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I have to admit the Rainbow Dash thing was originally completely unplanned, so I can understand why it would be a bit puzzling. It just kind of happened, and I went with it, and it turned out to be a pretty sweet - if random - part of the story (I think so anyway!). Cheers!!


4887126 I know, right? Can't believe I started this back in Season 2 and have only just finished it! It was kind of weird continuing on through the seasons, because as things became written into canon (e.g. the chimaera, the hospital in Ponyville) I wasn't sure whether to rewrite what I had, or pretend I didn't know! I went for the latter, and I'm quite pleased that I did.

Incidentally, I'm also really proud of myself for not mentioning Twilight's brother even once throughout the story, and yet still having her able to talk to Trixie about Flaire :twilightsheepish:

Wow, I'm chatty today :pinkiehappy:

I don´t know if it is possible or not, but i have to ask for a sequel. There was more than i thought after they started to be together, but i would like more.
As usually i have to ask about a adoption maybe, but at least i would like a sequel, i just liked the story really much.

5082086 Enjoying the story, haven't read it lately though... Think I'm still up to about chapter 5. :rainbowwild:

Woot.

One of the best Twixie stories I have read. I feel bad for Rainbow though, if she had wanted Twilight she should have acted sooner and know Twilight tends to be oblivious of social norms.

5086318 Sorry it took me so long to get to your question! I haven't been paying attention to my notifications in a while. Firstly, thanks for your kind words, they made me smile :twilightsmile: I'm glad you enjoyed the story, and a sequel is something I've been considering. At the minute though, I'm focusing on other things besides writing - (mostly university and family, but I have another creative project on the go too), so it might be a while before I can get to seriously thinking about writing a sequel. Right now, I will say that if I were to write a sequel, it would probably be a short Slice of Life story to show them together, rather than another novel-length fic like this one.

Adoption is an interesting concept, I hadn't actually thought about it! Now that you've jogged my mind though, I will give it some thought and see if it might be something I'd like to write.

Thank you again for your comment!

5393667 Aw thank you very much! Yeah, Rainbow missed her shot as Twilight is a bit awkward when it comes to that kind of thing. But I don't feel too bad for her - she's got Fluttershy watching her back, after all. I'd say she's pretty lucky :rainbowkiss: (short fic pending xD)

That was a great story :twilightsmile: I t was most enjoyable :twilightsheepish: Also it is one of the best ones I read thus far :twilightblush: I wonder what will happen now in this alternate universe where magic duel doesn't happen :rainbowlaugh: Also when Twilight becomes a princess if she does :twilightblush: All I have to conclude this with is bravo :yay: I look forward to any of your future works. :twilightsmile:

5418247 Haha, I remember that! Classic O'Neill :pinkiehappy:


5480836 Thank you very much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it :twilightsmile: I'm also curious about those things - would Twilight still become a princess? I don't know! :twilightsheepish: As always, I look forward to writing those future works and sharing them with people like you! :yay:

In the lost end chapter, everyone disappeared mysteriously.
...
...
...
...
...
...
... Cupcake? :pinkiecrazy:

This was a great piece of fiction, filled the amount of nuance that most other pieces lack. Too many stories take place over less than a week, and that typically isn't enough to build a meaningful relationship like the one that you portrayed. This is going straight into my favorites, good luck with any future endeavors.

5545798 Hey, thanks very much! I know what you mean - it was definitely something different to write a story that builds it up over a longer period. And very rewarding in the end :twilightsmile:

Shit, the start is really alike as a fanfic that a whrite, mine in Spanish, and kind of a year later..... have to keep reading.

I honestly didn't know what to expect when reading this. But what I didn't expect was for this to turn out to be one of the best stories I've ever read. This was simply fantastic. The pacing was great, their relationship moved at a realistic pace, and everything just seemed to fit. This was a honour to read, and I thank you for such a privilege. This seriously set the standard for all stories.

5812940 You're very welcome, and thank you so much for the positive feedback! It really does mean a lot to hear that. I'll do my best to keep it up in the future :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment