• Published 6th Aug 2021
  • 6,409 Views, 239 Comments

Get Him 3 - Lord Blackraven

  • ...
13
 239
 6,409

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Back From the Dead for Real This Time

Back From the Dead For Real This Time

The ponies in the room bowed their heads in deep sadness. Alex was gone.

Everyone felt the weight of his passing keenly. Luna couldn’t take the loss of her charge and teleported away to her room at the castle. She had lost him during the hunt, found him again at her old home, only to see him collapse from his injuries and once he was in safe hooves again, she had poisoned him with her own blood in an effort to save him once again only once again to kill him.

The shame of seemingly killing him was more than she could bare.

“Princess Celestia? I am so terribly sorry. We did everything we could. We just didn’t know enough about his kind to help him.” Doctor Hoofson said.

“I know doctor. You did everything you could. You are not at fault. This shame falls on the heads of the crowns.” Celestia said solemnly. “I should go now. I need to be with my sister and try to comfort her.”

“Yes your highness. If I may ask? What should we do with his body?”

“Learn all you can from him but I expressly forbid any autopsies. He is NOT to be cut open in any way shape or form. Is that understood?”

“Yes your highness I understand perfectly.”

“Once you are done, prepare him for an honorable burial. I will see to the services myself.”

With that Princess Celestia lit up her horn and vanished in a flash of orange white light.

“Nurse Redheart? Will you see to the preparations please? I will take care of the necessary paperwork.” As Doctor Hoofson walked out of the room with his head hung low.

“Yes Doctor. Right away.”

Doctor Hoofson was deep in thought and sorrow as he walked down the sterile looking hallways of the hospital corridors. Alex was the discovery of a lifetime and he had died before even regaining consciousness. There was so much he wanted to learn from this creature named Alex. So many unanswered questions with no hope of ever learning anything but what magic scanning would reveal of his anatomy. It was a terrible loss to science but even more so it was the loss of a precious life.

As the good doctor slowly walked to his office, he was met by Doctor Trotter the unicorn that had been in the room with him when Alex had first arrived.

“Doctor Hoofson! Good to see you my friend! How goes the recovery of our unusual guest?” He asked.

“He didn’t make it.” Hoofson said sullenly. “I am on my way to my office to fill out the paperwork.”

“Oh no! Trotter exclaimed. “I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He seemed like an amazing creature. I would have liked to have gotten to know him better when he recovered. This is a terrible loss for all of us. What is to be done with his body if I may ask?”

“Yes my old friend. That reminds me. I will need your particular unicorn skills to do a magical scan of him. Princess Celestia said there was to be absolutely no autopsies. He is not to be cut open at all.”

“You have my horn and my magic when you are ready. Just let me know and I will be there.” Trotter said.

“Thank you Doctor Trotter. It is very much appreciated.”

And with that the two stallions parted ways.

-*-

Nurse Redheart carefully and tenderly brushed the hair away from Alexs closed eyes. She had tears in her own eyes. She was taking these turn of events pretty hard herself. She was an exceptional nurse and she took great pride in the work she did and the patients she took care of, but this was the part of the job she absolutely hated. She always felt the pain when somepony passed away while on her watch. It was something she would never get used to.

“I am so very sorry human. We did all we could but it just wasn’t enough.” She tearfully said. “I would have loved to get to know you better.”

She sniffed a little and turned away as she began to disconnect all the medical instruments.

BEEP………………………………………………………………………………….

Nurse Redheart turned at the sound of the heart monitor only to see nothing. The monitor was still on and was still flat lined. She turned to back to her work gathering up magical cords and putting them away. She must have been hearing things.

BEEP…………………………………………………………………………………

There it was again! She turned to look yet again at the heart monitor.

BEEP…………………………………………. BEEP………………………………………..

She turned to the motionless body on the operating table and saw it take a deep breath.

And then another!

BEEP…………….. BEEP……………… BEEP………………….

The patient was alive! Alex was alive!

She ran to the magical intercom in the room and pressed the button and all but shouted into it.

“DOCTOR HOOFSON ROOM 710 STAT! THE PATIENT IS BREATHING AGAIN! I REPEAT! THE PATIENT IS ALIVE!!”

Doctor Hoofson must have been hearing things. He could had sworn that he heard Nurse Redheart say that his patient was alive! He charged out of his office and bolted down the corridor! Half way there he ran into Doctor Trotter talking to a nurse and exclaimed asking if he had heard right.

“No time Doctor. I have to get to the patients room stat! Could you come with me please? I may need your help!” Doctor Trotter fell in step as they both galloped down the hallway to room 710.

Bursting through the door, they were met with the sight of Nurse Redheart reconnecting the instruments to Alexs prone form. Doctor Hoofson put his stethoscope in his ears and pressed the other end to Alexs bare chest.

At the same Doctor Trotter looked at the gauges with a practiced eye for any abnormal readings.

As Hoofson continued to examine his patient, he noticed something odd happening. “Trotter, come here please? What do you make of this?”

Trotter walked over to the bedside and looked at what Doctor Hoofson was pointing out on the humans chest.

The cuts and bruises on Alexs body were shrinking and at the same time fading away. They could see it happening right in front of their eyes!

“Stand back please.” Doctor Trotter said as he lit up his horn and began to carefully levitate Alexs body and turn it over to examine his back. There too, Alexs wounds were healing rapidly. Trotter then lay him gently back down and they both examined Alexs arm that had been bitten by one of the Diamond Dogs.

The intense wounds that had been inflicted during his battle were almost healed completely.

“I have to notify the princesses immediately!” Doctor Hoofson exclaimed. They have to know!”

Author's Note:

Might I ask you lovely readers out there why we continue to read these stories?
Me personally I, find it to be a brief escape from the sad realities outside currently going on in the world.
How many of would love to go to Equestria for real, wether they were four legged or anthro, and start a new life?
I know I would!
Thoughts?

PreviousChapters Next