• Published 30th Mar 2020
  • 2,477 Views, 19 Comments

Trixie Interviews: The Cozy Glow Story - Betty_Starlight



Cozy Glow interviews Trixie to get reformed

  • ...
5
 19
 2,477

Chapter Three: Value

Day: 16

Cozy Glow could only stammer in the dark purple unicorn’s embrace. All she could do was just mutter, “I…I…I…” as she was being held by this other filly

Starshine stops hugging Cozy Glow and says, “Are you okay? Um, I was just so happy to see you a-after last time you know?

Cozy Glow responds, “Well yeah but um, I just walked through the door! I didn’t even know you were here!”

Starshine laughs and says, “Well yeah! That was my idea! To surprise you with a visit from your best friend! Um, oh gosh! I went too far didn’t I?”

Cozy Glow then looks perplexed as she says, “Um, what?”

Starshine then stammers out, “Well I wanted to surprise you, but I don’t know if you’re okay with it? I mean, sure you’re okay with it right? Everypony likes good surprises right?” She gazed at Cozy Glow with a hopeful expression on her face.

Cozy Glow then says, “Uh, sure!”

Starshine then looks at the ground and says, “I’m a bad friend! I just know I’m gonna ruin this one too!”

Cozy Glow says back to her, “Well so far, so good? I mean, I still like you as a friend and so we’re still friends right?”

Starshine digs her left forehoof into the ground as she says, “Well yeah! I mean, I haven’t chased you off yet? And we’re uh, best friends? R-right?”

Cozy Glow then says, “Of course!” She decides to take charge again and grabs the same dinosaur toy from before. She then growls out, “Starshine! I’m back!”

Starshine giggles and says, “Oh no! Are you gonna try to eat me again?”

Cozy Glow then says out of the corner of her mouth, “No worse! I’m gonna tickle you now!”

Starshine squeals, “Oh no! Please don’t tickle me Mr. Dinosaur!”

Cozy Glow then lunges at Starshine with the toy while growling, “RAWR!”

Starshine playfully bats at the dinosaur with her forehooves as Cozy Glow uses her hooves to get the dinosaur to playfully swipe at and tease the underside of Starshine’s front legs. Starshine giggles as she is tickled by the toy.

Trixie observes these two playing and takes note of how Cozy Glow took charge of the situation with the dinosaur toy. She knew that Starshine was worried about their friendship and that Cozy Glow was doing her best to make Starshine feel better and comfort her new friend. “The filly cares more about her friend than she probably realizes?” Trixie thought to herself.

Starshine just giggles and says, “Well hey Cozy Glow, there’s a play going on at 11 at the Ponyville theater! I was uh, wondering if you uh, wanted to go with me? Sorry! I’m not very good at this!”

Cozy Glow stares at Starshine with a weird expression before she says, “Uh, I’m pretty sure that’s why we’re here?”

Starshine giggles and then says, “Oh yeah! Um, okay lets start over! Cozy Glow!” And then in an almost robotic voice, she continues, “The theater is putting on a play at 11. Would you like to go with me?”

Cozy Glow then says using an even more robotic tone, “Yes Starshine, I would very much like to go with you!” And then giggles before stammering and looking behind her while saying, “Um, if that’s okay?” while looking at Trixie.

Trixie simply smiles and nods before saying, “That’s fine Cozy Glow! Just be back here by 1 so we can have a talk before you leave!”

Cozy Glow then smiles and says, “Well okay Starshine! We’ll go together!” She then looks at the clock before saying, “Golly! It’s only about 9:50 now? So that means we have an hour and 10 minutes to kill? Well, minus the 5 minutes or so it will take to get us to the theater? Um, when I think about it? So what do you wanna do now Starshine?”

Starshine then looks wistfully at all the toys and games strewn about and says, “Well how about one of these board games over in the corner here? This one looks fun! It’s called Oops!”

Cozy Glow then smiles and says, “Okay! Lets play Oops together!”

So Starshine uses her unicorn magic to get the game out from the corner and then opens the box to set everything up. The board is on the floor with their respective pieces on the board at the starting point and the dice are off to one side.

She then says, “Okay I’ll go first! The rules aren’t that hard.” She uses her magic to put the dice into her mouth before rolling them around in there and spitting them out onto the board. “Okay I got 8! That means my first little piece here moves 8 places on the board here see! Now you roll Cozy Glow!”

Cozy Glow unsure of herself, then says, “Okay Starshine!” She then takes the dice into her mouth off the board and rolls them around before spitting them out onto the board. She rolls an 8 as well.

Starshine then says, “Oh ouch! That means you move to the same spot as me and my piece now goes back to the start!”

Cozy Glow then says, “Oh I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to make you start over!”

Starshine looks confused and says, “Um, that’s the point? I’m the other player and you want to beat me right?”

Cozy Glow looks down and says, “Well I know that. But I didn’t want to beat you and for you to hate me?”

Starshine smiles and says, “It’s okay if you beat me Cozy Glow! I don’t care about winning!”

Cozy Glow stricken, then says, “Um, you don’t?”

Starshine then says, “No Cozy Glow! We’re playing a game together and I kinda um, just wanted to be with you? If that’s okay I mean?”

Cozy Glow then looks confused as she says, “Wait! You actually want to be with me? I mean, actually me?”

Starshine says, “Well yeah! I mean, you’re my first real friend and um, I did like stargazing with you three days ago?”

Cozy Glow then looks confused as she says, “So you’re my friend and you wish to spend time with me then? This isn’t just about winning?”

Starshine smiles and says, “No Cozy Glow! I just wanted to play with and have fun with you! Now um, I guess I should take my turn?” right before using her unicorn magic and mouth to roll a 4. Then she states, “Okay now you go Cozy Glow!”

Cozy Glow then says, “Okay!” She then takes the dice into her mouth and rolls on the board. “I got an 11! Starshine, please move my next piece forward 11 places for me would you, oh great unicorn magic master?” She says while giggling.

Starshine giggles as well before using her magic to move Cozy’s second piece 11 places ahead before saying, “Alright you get this one Cozy Glow! But when I need something from up high, I am so calling you now!”

Cozy Glow then looks at and twitches her wings and says, “Oh yeah! Guess I’ll get that for us huh?”

Trixie smiles as she sees the two fillies interacting. They just made agreements to help each other later. Trixie can’t help but think to herself that this must mean that they’re both insecure. They wouldn’t feel the need to make such arrangements if they were truly confident about their friendship. She then decides it’s time to act on her plan…

Trixie then says, “Cozy Glow! See that black amethyst behind the jar up on the shelf there? Would you and Starshine please go get that for me? The jar is all the way full of water so you probably don’t want to pick it up with your hooves.”

Cozy Glow looks up and says, “Well I can’t pick it up with my hooves huh?”

Starshine then points to her horn with her left forehoof and smiles before causing the jar to glow with her magic and gently uses that magic to move the jar down to the ground.

Cozy Glow just patiently waits for Starshine to use her magic to get the gem when she notices that her friend is straining while using her magic. She just can’t seem to use her magic to lift the black amethyst! Cozy Glow then asks her, “What’s the matter Starshine?”

Starshine then says, “I don’t know? My magic just doesn’t effect this crystal?”

Trixie then giggles and says, “Oh yeah! Black amethyst absorbs magic! Almost forgot to mention that! Cozy Glow, do you have any ideas?”

Cozy Glow then looks at her wings and then says, “Well I guess I can just fly up and get it huh?” Before flapping her wings to take off and retrieving the crystal in her hooves and then flying it over to Trixie’s desk.

Trixie then says, “Now I want you to take note of something here fillies. You worked as a team to retrieve that black amethyst I had set their next to the jar of water that I precariously filled to the top with water. The point was to show you two that you’re better together. Tell me, do you see that?”

Cozy Glow smiles and says, “Well I see if there’s a complicated problem, friends can overcome that? But most problems aren’t like that?”

Trixie smiles and says, “That’s the thing Cozy Glow! While most problems aren’t like that, there’s always gonna be at least a few where you will need help. And with friends you can overcome those problems just like you helped Starshine overcome her lack of magic with your wings. Oddly enough, I’ve dealt with that same “lack of magic” problem in the past… That’s kinda why I knew about the crystal…”

Cozy Glow then says, “Well I guess there are limits to what even magic can do huh? Then again, Tirek did teach me some things about that!” Cozy Glow then looks at her friend and says, “Well what do you wanna do now Starshine?”

Starshine then says, “Well we just did something I wanna do? What would you like to do Cozy Glow?”

Cozy Glow then thinks to herself before saying, “Well I did like coloring with you earlier and um?” She then looks at the clock before continuing, “We got about 30 minutes I see? So lets color!”

Starshine then uses her magic to bring over the crayons and coloring books.

Cozy Glow then says, “Oh yeah! It’s so easy for you isn’t it?”

Starshine just smiles and giggles before saying, “While it can be handy, we just saw that it can’t do everything?” and then using her magic to pick a few crayons out of the box and then bringing it over to Cozy Glow.

Cozy Glow then says, “Oh yeah! Well don’t worry Starshine! I’m here to retrieve any black amethyst crystals you may need me to!” And then she twitches her wings while both fillies giggle. Then she picks out a book at a random page and then selects a few crayons out of the box using her mouth. The two fillies then start to color together.

They color for about ten minutes when Cozy Glow finishes coloring a blue dinosaur and spits her crayon out of her mouth before saying to Starshine, “Wait Starshine! I was just thinking?”

Starshine uses her magic to use another dark purple crayon on Storm Crusher while saying, “Um, what’s that Cozy Glow?”

Cozy Glow then glances over at Trixie before saying, “Well, we’ve just been awkwardly trying to figure each other out this whole time? Is this what friendship is? I mean, I’m more comfortable with you now, but we still have moments you know? Um, those don’t really go away do they?”

Starshine then stares at Cozy Glow with a ridiculous expression before busting out in a fit of hysterical laughter.

Cozy Glow is then confused as she asks, “What’s so funny?”

Starshine just contains herself before saying, “Well, I don’t know! I’ve never done this before! But I hope not! This is a lot of fun!”

Cozy Glow can only start to giggle herself before saying, “Yeah I mean, I wouldn’t know either! All I’ve ever done after my parents went away was use and manipulate ponies!”

And then she starts to giggle a bit when Starshine suddenly gets a concerned expression on her face. She asks Cozy Glow, “Manipulate? What do you mean?”

Cozy Glow then says, “Well yeah, earlier on, I learned that I have the ability to manipulate ponies to get them to do what I want. It’s why I have a rook as my cutie mark. In chess, a rook controls other pieces you know?”

Starshine then asks Cozy Glow with a very serious expression on her face, “Um, Cozy Glow? You would never manipulate me r-right?”

Cozy Glow then stops and says, “Well golly! I never really thought about it? I don’t think so? I mean, you’re awesome enough already you know?”

Starshine is then taken aback when she asks Cozy Glow, “Wait! I’m awesome? Uh, all I do is stare at stars at night and color?”

Cozy Glow then smiles and says, “Yeah, but now you’re doing a lot of that stuff with me. And um, I like spending time with you? I would never put that at risk just because I wanted a cookie or to take over Equestria you know?”

Starshine then smiles and says, “So you wouldn’t want to use me to take over Equestria?”

Cozy Glow then says, “Not really?” She then looks at the wall clock and says, “Okay we got 8 minutes? I guess we should head over to the theater now?”

Starshine then says, “Yeah I guess we’re leaving now?” Before getting up and trotting towards the door with Cozy Glow close in tow behind her.

While smiling and looking at paperwork, Trixie then says, “I left 8 bits for you on the corner of my desk for you two to go to the theater together.”

“Thanks Trixie!” Starshine says as she uses her magic to snag the 8 bits and put them into her left saddlebag. The two fillies then leave the office and head outside.

They walk down the street and are talking on their way to the theater. Cozy Glow says to Starshine, “So have you seen this play?”

Starshine smiles and says, “No I don’t really get out much? I mean, I’ve been wanting to go, but I never really had anypony to go with? Going to the theater alone just makes me sad.”

She then stares at the ground with a sullen expression before Cozy Glow lifts her chin with her right forehoof and says, “Well guess what Starshine? You’re not alone anymore!”

Starshine smiles and says, “I guess not?”

Cozy Glow then looks at the sky before saying, “You know, it’s kinda weird to think that if I never tried to take over Equestria, I never would’ve met you? I mean, like I said, I was turned to stone for ten years because of what I did and Trixie can confirm this!”

Starshine smiles and says, “Well you were in front of the castle courtyard you know? My mom used to take me to Twilight Sparkle speeches and I saw you there, but um, I didn’t want to say anything?”

Cozy Glow is then aghast when she says, “So you knew I was turned to stone?”

Starshine then says, “Well I knew that part! I didn’t really know about the whole, taking over Equestria thing because we haven’t gotten that far in history yet.”

And then, Cozy Glow's mouth tightened and got small while her eyes got big and wide and her auburn pupils got really narrow. Starshine could only stare at her friend in confusion before Cozy Glow did the unthinkable... She depressed her left forehoof into Starshine's nose before saying, "BOOP!"

Starshine is taken aback when she says, “What the? You booped me!”

Cozy Glow grins and scratches the back of her head with her right forehoof before saying, “Yeah I guess I did huh?”

Starshine then asks Cozy Glow, “Why did you boop me?”

Cozy Glow then gets flustered when she says, “Well I don’t like talking about my past! I mean uh, because I wanted to have fun with you and you’re my friend and we play together, heh heh?”

Starshine then says, “Well! This shall not go un-avenged!” before putting her right forehoof to Cozy Glow’s nose and then saying, “BOOP!” and then saying, “And just so you know, we don’t have to talk about your past if you don’t want to?”

Cozy Glow twitches her nose and smiles before saying, “Yeah, I’d like that Starshine… And I guess I did have that one coming huh? Um, we’re at the theater now!”

The two fillies walk to the front of the theater and Starshine tells the clerk, “Two for Murder on the Celestia Express please!”

The clerk just says, “That will be 4 bits!”

Starshine uses her magic to get 4 bits from her left saddlebag. The clerk then takes them in his mouth and puts them into the register before using his left hoof to get them two tickets and putting them onto the counter. Starshine then uses her magic to get the tickets and put them into her right saddlebag and she then says to Cozy Glow, “I’ll go get us some Sparkle Colas from the concession stand! You go get us a seat!”

Cozy Glow smiles and says to her friend, “Okay Starshine!”

Later, as the two fillies are watching the play, Cozy Glow has some more thoughts in her head. She thinks about wanting everything to be okay and wanting the power to do that. She wonders if things can really be okay without being able to control everything around her? She wonders if that’s even possible? Should she really even try? Well, she appears to be doing just that?

The two fillies left the theater together as Cozy Glow uses her mouth to throw away an empty Sparkle Cola bottle in the waste bin. She asks Starshine, “So what did you think of the play? I thought it was too predictable!”

Starshine says, “What do you mean? I had no idea Silas was the killer!”

Cozy Glow rolls her eyes and says, “Oh please! Don’t you think it’s interesting that Silas was not there during a lot of the things that happened particularly when the second and third mare were killed? And what about what the detective said about how she was killed with unicorn magic? That rules out about two thirds of Equestria and most of the ponies on that train! The only two unicorns were Redmane and Silas. Redmane was with the group when she was killed. Where was Silas? Easy to figure out!”

Starshine then looks stunned as she says, “Wow! I have a smart friend named Cozy Glow! Who can get black amethyst crystals for me! Guess I’m doing better today? Uh, hey! There’s still 2 bits leftover from the money Trixie gave us. You want an ice cream cone from that stand over there Cozy Glow?”

Cozy Glow looks up a moment and says, “I don’t know? I mean, Trixie gave us the money for a movie?”

Starshine just smiles and says, “I don’t think 2 bits is really that big of a deal. Hang on Cozy Glow!”

She then walks over to the ice cream stand to leave Cozy Glow alone with her thoughts. Cozy Glow then thinks that maybe she was wrong all this time and that there’s something inherently valuable about getting to know others? That maybe, they teach you things about yourself? Just not being alone after all this time was pretty nice anyway!

Starshine returns with the ice cream in her magical grip and says to Cozy Glow, “Alright Cozy Glow! Pick a forehoof! Any forehoof!”

Cozy Glow extends her right forehoof and Starshine then uses her magic to float the ice cream cone onto her hoof. Cozy Glow then starts to lick the vanilla cone and she has a smile on her face and a happy look in her eyes for the first time in quite a while. It was almost surreal, when suddenly, her vanilla ice cream scoop falls to the ground. Cozy Glow looks sad for a moment before a resigned expression goes over her face.

Starshine sees this and says, “It’s okay Cozy Glow! You can have mine!”

Cozy Glow then says, “No it’s okay Starshine! You enjoy! I’m not that important…”

Starshine has a stricken look in her eyes before saying, “What do you mean Cozy Glow? You’re my first real friend and that makes you pretty important to me!”

The stand owner can’t help but notice and he trots over while carrying another scoop of vanilla ice in his unicorn magic. He sets it onto Cozy Glow’s empty cone and says, “There you go little filly! On the house!” And then he trots back.

Cozy Glow stares at the ice cream cone and then at Starshine before saying, “I-I’m sorry…”

Starshine then says with a perplexed look on her face, “What are you sorry for Cozy Glow?”

Cozy Glow then says, “Well I guess I should’ve accepted your cone? But I really wanted you to have the ice cream though? It really wouldn’t bother me as long as I knew you had some you know?”

Starshine then says, “Well I wanted you to have some ice cream too Cozy Glow? You’re my friend and you’re important to me!”

Cozy Glow then smiles and says, “Golly! So um, I guess we’re friends huh?”

Starshine smiles at Cozy Glow and then says, “Best friends Cozy Glow! Best friends!”

Cozy Glow looks at the clock tower before saying, “Oh horse apples! Um, we’re already 7 minutes late to getting back to Trixie?”

Starshine giggles and says, “Why not? We already spent their last two bits!”

Cozy Glow giggles as she licks her cone and says, “Yeah! I know I’m not supposed to, but since we’re already this late, I don’t think a few more minutes is really gonna matter?”

The two fillies then finish up their cones and giggle a bit as they both trot toward the School of Friendship. They finally make it to Trixie’s office when they see the blue unicorn reading a book with her magic. She then floats the book down to her desk and looks at the clock before asking Cozy Glow, “Mind telling me why you’re 18 minutes late?”

Cozy Glow shirks a bit and scratches her head with her left forehoof before stuttering out, “Uh sorry Miss Trixie! I guess I…”

She can’t finish before Starshine blurts out, “It was my fault Miss Trixie! I uh, wanted to use what was left of the money to get us ice cream and I guess I lost track of time? But no, it’s me! I’m to blame!”

Trixie smiles and says, “Hey all of that is okay Starshine! We just schedule these things so we can regularly check up on you and make sure you’re okay! If you two need more time together, we can arrange that!”

Starshine looks down before saying, “Sorry Miss Trixie!”

Trixie just says, “That’s fine! So did you two enjoy yourselves? What did you learn Cozy Glow?”

Cozy Glow says, “Well I guess I learned that just because I don’t think I’m important doesn’t mean other people are gonna feel the same way. I think that maybe I am important just because somepony else important to me says so? I don’t know what I’m talking about!” She then looks down before scratching her chin with her right forehoof and stammering a bit.

Trixie then says, “Well Cozy Glow, you’re never gonna feel important until you actually think of yourself as that way you know? All the admiration and friendship in the world won’t mean anything unless you feel important to yourself. Sometimes, it takes others to show us how much we matter.” She then trots around her desk before holding Cozy Glow to her side inside her right forehoof and saying, “But with my Great and Powerful guidance counseling, we shall see our way through!”

Everypony in the office immediately begins to chuckle when Trixie gets back to all fours and says, “But that’s okay Cozy Glow. We’ll work on your self esteem. This is a process after all! Anyway Cozy Glow, say goodbye to your friend now and go back to your room. I have a meeting in 4 minutes that I really need to be ready for!”

Cozy Glow looks up before saying, “Golly! Okay Miss Trixie! Bye Starshine! I love you!”

She quickly leaves the room and two unicorns behind. Starshine can only wave at the little Pegasus as she flies her way out of the building and back to her room.

Day: 17

Trixie’s door quietly opens and a curly haired off pink Pegasus filly slowly trots in and then quietly shuts the door… Cozy Glow then sits down at her usual spot on the couch.

Trixie notices the filly acting this way and asks her, “How are you Cozy Glow? Doing okay?”

Cozy Glow scratches her head with her right forehoof and says, “Yeah I think so? It’s just that I uh, had some questions…”

Trixie now intrigued, raises her eyebrow and says, “Go on?”

Cozy Glow then giggles softly before saying, “Okay you mentioned earlier that you were manipulating me to make me better right? Then how do I know that I’ve made any progress at all? I mean, how do I know that you didn’t just force me to act this way? You gotta admit, there are quite a few ponies here and there making sure I do what I’m supposed to? Although I noticed that you’re lighter on that now? Guess you think I’m really changing? But well, is it any of this real?”

Trixie then smiles and says, “Tell me something Cozy Glow… Manipulate any ponies into doing bad things lately?”

Cozy Glow looks startled for a moment before saying, “Well, I did talk the guard into giving me an extra cookie the yesterday when they brought me my dinner? Heh heh?”

Trixie softly giggles and says, “That’s fine! I don’t really care about that. But what I mean is, did you talk anypony into doing anything really bad?”

Cozy Glow then says, “Well uh no, not really?”

Trixie then says, “Okay so you’re not exactly “bad” anymore then are you? When you were a villain, manipulation was your thing. It’s what you did to do bad things. But you’re not doing that anymore are you?”

Cozy Glow responds, “Well no not really?”

Trixie then says, “And you’re not gonna do anything bad today right?”

Cozy Glow scratches her head and says, “Well um, I was thinking of getting another extra cookie tonight?”

Trixie sighs and says, “After everything you did, it wouldn’t bother us in the least if you filched a thousand cookies. That’s not important! Now focus Cozy Glow! Are you or are you not going to do anything truly evil today?”

Cozy Glow replies, “Well I wasn’t really planning on it?”

Trixie continues, “Okay then, since you’re not going to do anything evil today, you could easily go the rest of your life without doing something evil right?”

Cozy Glow looks at the floor and says, “Well I guess so, but…”

Trixie then asks her, “But?”

Cozy Glow then says, “But um, well I did bad things and I’m not sure if I really deserve to feel good or not?”

Trixie then looks shocked as she says, “Of course you deserve to feel good Cozy Glow! Okay, you tried to steal all the magic in Equestria and yeah you did kinda attack the Princess of Friendship and her friends. All these things are true. But you spent two years in Tartarus and another ten as stone. Don’t you think you’ve been punished enough? And besides that, if Princess Twilight believes in giving you another chance, don’t you think you owe it to yourself to at least try to get a fresh start? Worst case scenario, you fail! And you said it yourself, you can always just go make more friends!”

Cozy Glow then looks confused as she says, “Wait! I thought you said my old way of thinking was bad?”

Trixie then says, “Well not all of it. Optimism in friendship is important and like I already told you, not everypony wants to be your friend, not everypony is really your friend, and not everypony is worth being friends with. These things are true. And so it stands to reason that you should always know that out there, there’s somepony you can be friends with. You have to stay hopeful!”

Cozy Glow then says, “Um, didn’t Somnambula teach us that? About hope I mean? I remember reading about her back when I learned about the Pillars?"

Trixie says, “Technically true! Now when you met Starshine, you were nervous weren’t you? But now looked at what that turned into?”

Cozy Glow then says, “So I guess I should just get over that nervousness huh?”

Trixie smiles and says, “That just gets easier with time. I saw you taking charge of the play with Starshine back there… You are a little leader you know that?”

Cozy Glow then looks startled and says, “Well I had to! I mean, she was really worried and I didn’t want her uneasy around me. I mean, if we’re friends, that means she has to feel okay around me right?”

Trixie then says, “That’s actually very intuitive.”

Cozy Glow scratches her chin with her forehoof and says, “Well yeah, I mean, I want her to feel good?”

Trixie smiles even more broadly and asks Cozy Glow, “And why would you want Starshine to feel good Cozy Glow?”

Cozy Glow looks stricken when she then says, “Golly! I guess because um, she’s my f-friend?”

Trixie continues smiling when she says, “So you used your skills of manipulation in order to direct her mind to a happier place with that dinosaur toy… That means you used manipulation for a good purpose…

Cozy Glow looks stunned as she says, “Well golly! I didn’t think of it that way?”

Trixie then says, “I used to be a stage magician. That’s really all about directing attention here and there. I can see what you’re doing and I think it’s very sweet of you Cozy Glow.”

Cozy Glow then looks flustered when she says, “I-I’m sweet? But I tried to take all the magic in Equestria and I attacked Princess Twilight!”

Trixie then says, “Yes and now you’re helping Starshine feel better and not feel so socially awkward…”

Cozy Glow looks resigned when she then says, “Well she’s my first real friend and I care about her? She’s really fun to be around and playing with her is also great?

Trixie then smiles and says, “Exactly! Not bad for a social reject huh?”

Cozy Glow then says, “So just because somepony isn’t very good at making friends doesn’t mean they’re not worth being friends with?”

Trixie then looks shocked as she says, “Two revelations in one day! Cozy Glow! You are on fire!”

Cozy Glow then says, “Well you said I was smart?”

Trixie just says, “Ah right! Of course! Smart little demonic filly!”

Cozy Glow then says, “Demonic?”

Trixie then stammers and says, “Well, okay, used to be demonic! Sorry! I’ve never really reformed any villains before!”

Cozy Glow then chuckles and says, “Well I’ve never been reformed before? Well uh, I don’t think?” She then stares off into space.

Trixie says, “Like I said, we’ll work on that and we’ll get a little bit better everyday! Anyway Cozy Glow, I’m pretty sure you know what sort of day this is so before you head back to your room at the castle and play, did you have any questions?”

Cozy Glow then looks up and says, “Well actually, I do have one! So real friendship is always super awkward at first while you’re trying to figure out the other pony and then you two get better at it and work?”

Trixie rolls her eyes and says, “Yeah! Usually! You should hear what me and Starlight were like later! Anyway Cozy Glow, go fly back to your room now and take another day to reflect! Take your usual cocoa! You know what to do!”

Cozy Glow then grabs the cocoa off the desk with her forehooves before taking off with her wings to the door. She then opens the door with her mouth and flies out to land on the other side after setting her cocoa down. She then says, “Okay Miss Trixie! Uh, tomorrow at our usual time?”

Trixie smiles and says, “Of course! Now fly back to your room Cozy Glow! Don’t bother closing the door! I need more coffee anyway…”

Cozy Glow then says, “Right Miss Trixie!” before grabbing her cocoa in her hooves and flapping off to the exit door with her wings.”

Trixie’s thoughts: Well I’ve effectively strengthened her friendship with Starshine and got her to see that friendship is something that can truly make her life better. Not much longer now…

Author's Note:

In this chapter, I wanted to touch on some of my personal self esteem issues and I also wanted to demonstrate to Cozy Glow that friendship can help solve complex problems. I also wanted Cozy Glow to bond with Starshine some more and for their friendship to be strengthened for what I have in mind next.