• Published 15th Dec 2014
  • 1,998 Views, 59 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Spell - StormLuna



Sweetie Belle wonders what is running through Opal's mind when she attacks Rarity one morning. During Twilight Time she runs across a spell that allows animals to talk. She memorizes it and casts it on some of the pets.

  • ...
15
 59
 1,998

Twilight Time

A few minutes after getting back to the library Twilight heard a knock on her door. She opened the door and saw her students, the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Apple Bloom asked, "Howdy Twilight, how are y'all doing this morning?"

Twilight smiled and replied "I'm doing fine." She paused and continued, "Come on in girls, I'm sure you're ready to continue perfecting your skills."

The three followed Twilight into the library and began to work on what Twilight had been teaching them for the past few weeks. While the three had improved dramatically in working on their projects they still weren't able to get things down perfectly. Apple Bloom sighed, "Twilight, Ah don't know if I'm ever going to get this mixture right to where it will make a good fertilizer."

Twilight walked over to her and said, "Apple Bloom, things like this take time. Making fertilizer that will make a flower grow is one thing but creating a fertilizer that will produce fruit bearing plants will be much tougher."

Apple Bloom replied, "Ah know Twilight. Ah just don't want to disappoint you."

Twilight smiled and said, "Apple Bloom, you're not disappointing me. You have improved so much even since just two weeks ago."

Twilight then walked over to where Scootaloo was working and noticed that she had just finished putting a scooter together. Twilight smiled and said, "It looks good Scootaloo but let's take it outside and have you take it for a spin."

They took it outside and Scootaloo started riding it like she would her own. She sped around town on it and after five minutes she arrived back at the library. It was still in just as good of shape as it was before. Twilight saw this and said, "You know Scootaloo, I think you're really on the right track. Give it a while longer and you'll have your cutie mark."

Scootaloo's ears perked up and she asked excitedly, "Really?!"

Twilight smiled and said, "Really!"

The two headed back inside and Sweetie Belle was having no problems levitating the broom and using it to sweep the library, quite successfully. Twilight said, "Sweetie Belle, you seem to be doing quite well sweeping."

Sweetie Belle was a bit upset because she felt that Twilight had been focusing more on helping her friends earn their cutie marks and just training her to be her personal custodian. She asked, "Twilight, I feel like you are training Scootaloo and Apple Bloom to discover their special talents and all I feel like you're doing is teaching me how to sweep."

Twilight frowned and replied, "Sweetie Belle, you need to know how to levitate before you can discover your special talent. Once you can levitate things better then I will help you find your talent."

Sweetie Belle pouted a bit while Twilight headed over to her desk and began to write down the notes of the CMC's study session. After a minute her last quill broke. She decided to go buy some more. She looked at the girls and asked, "Girls, will you be ok alone while I go get some more quills?"

Apple Bloom replied, "Of course we will, why wouldn't we be?"

Twilight nodded and headed out the door. Sweetie Belle was looking up and saw a book that was labeled "Spells for Animals." She levitated it down to herself and started flipping through the pages. She began to laugh as she ran across a talking spell for animals. Apple Bloom asked, "Sweetie Belle, why are y'all laughing so hard."

Sweetie Belle replied, "I think I found it! I think I found the spell I want to cast so badly!"

Scootaloo replied, "Sweetie Belle, you have to put that back. You can't just sneak out of here with that. Twilight will catch you and probably stop helping all three of us."

Sweetie Belle knew Scootaloo was right so she stared at the spell for a minute and memorized it as she has a very good memory. Apple Bloom said, "Hurry and put it back Sweetie Belle. You never know when Twilight will return."

Sweetie Belle levitated the book back to it's place and began to wonder how she would get the spell to work. It came to her rather quickly and she looked over at Owlowicious, who had been watching them and by now had his wings on his hips and was shaking his head at them. Sweetie Belle asked, "Owlowicious, have you ever wanted to be able to talk?"

"Hoot" replied Owlowicious.

Sweetie Belle said, "Hmmm.....I'll take that as a yes!" Sweetie Belle's horn began to glow, she pointed it at Owlowicious and she began to recite the spell, "We wish we could communicate with our pets, yet for now we know nothing of their thoughts more or less, but now they can speak and let us know what they seek."

Sweetie Belle sent a beam of energy to Owlowicious which was quickly absorbed into his body. He looked down and said "Hoot.......Girls, you're in big trouble! Twilight won't be happy."

Sweetie Belle shouted "IT WORKED, IT WORKED! I CAST MY FIRST SPELL!"

Scootaloo said, "Sweetie Belle, that is good and all but Twilight will not be happy when Owlowicious starts talking to her."

Sweetie Belle realized that Scootaloo was right. She looked up at Owlowicious with puppy dog eyes and asked, "Owlowicious, please don't speak around Twilight. We don't want her to be mad at us."

While Owlowicious thought what the girls did was wrong, he also found it amazing that he could finally speak. He replied, "Alright girls, I won't tell Twilight." He paused for a minute and continued, "Now I can finally communicate with Spike, but I'll have to make sure he doesn't tell Twilight about my new abilities." He paused for a minute, winked at them and said, "This is our little secret."

After a couple more minutes Twilight came back to the door with a bag full of quills. She looked over and saw that the girls seemed a bit distracted. She asked, "Girls, are you ok? You seem a bit distracted."

Apple Bloom replied, "Well uh..., we were just wondering how your trip to Sofas & Quills went."

Twilight could tell that Apple Bloom was making an excuse but didn't say anything. She said, "Oh it went fine. Nothing out of the ordinary." Twilight looked up at the clock and said, "Well what do you know, it is getting late and I really need to catch up on my studying."

Sweetie Belle asked, "But Twilight, I thought with you being a princess now you didn't have to do so much studying."

Twilight glared and said, "Sweetie Belle, I can never do much studying."

The girls knew this was the cue that Twilight Time was over. As they were leaving Twilight said, "Goodbye girls, see you next week?"

Scootaloo replied "Of course! Maybe next week I'll earn my cutie mark in being a mechanic!"

Twilight smiled and replied "Maybe!"

Once they got far enough away from the library Sweetie Belle looked at her friends and said, "I can't believe it worked. Now I can try this on Opal! Isn't it exciting?"

Apple Bloom replied "Ah'm not so sure about this. Owlowicious will probably remain quiet about his new abilities but y'all know how Opal is. She'll probably attack Rarity and tell her she wants fish."

Sweetie Belle replied, "Oh you're probably right. Well I better get home."

They said there goodbyes and while Apple Bloom and Scootaloo headed to the farm to hang out some more Sweetie Belle headed home and was thinking of the perfect time to cast the spell on Opal. She began to giggle thinking about how Rarity would react when Opal told her that she hated the food she fed her.