• Published 13th Jul 2016
  • 3,027 Views, 43 Comments

What a Better Way to Live Life (sort of) - alpha_



My name is Michael Z, and how I got here is beyond me. I’m in a land called Equestria, ruled by two ponies who can LITERALLY control the moon and the sun. Why I’m here is something I don’t know but I hope I don’t look too out of place.

  • ...
6
 43
 3,027

Chapter 7: A party to remember! Pt 1

SUPRISE!!

"WHAT DA FAUQ?!" I screamed att the top of my lungs, falling back down to the floor for what felt like the hundredth time today. I was NOT expecting a crowd full of ponies shouting "SUPRISE" to me scaring me to half-to-death.

I look up to see a crowd of ponies, some I met before, with the look of confusion plastered on their faces. Maybe they don't know what fuck is. I though and sat up, one certain pink mare didn't waste time as she races up to me, wearing a huge ass smile on her face. She ran up to me and pick me off the ground.

"Were you surprised?! Huh were ya?! Were ya?! Were ya?!" She was basically jumping impatiently for my response. No, she was really jumping or was it more like hoping? Meh I don't really know. But to say the least I was suprised as all hell.

"Y-yes I was VERY surprised." I reply back to Pinkie, and I swore to all the is holy her smile just go bigger which scares me on how she’s even able to do that. Like really what the hell.

"Yayyyyy!" She screams with joy then gives me a brutal bone crushing hug. I could hear snickering and giggles in the back round, from all the ponies that’s just watching. After she releases me in her death hug, with me catching my breath, she turns back towards the crowd of ponies. "C’mon Everypony, letssssssss PARTY!" As soon as she says that, she threw confetti in the air, and the crowd started to cheer. Then in no time at all, went off to do what ever the hell ponies do at parties.

I was about to ask Pinkie why she set up this suprise party but she was gone by the time I turn to see her again. I guess she disappeared in to the crowd were I can't see her. A sigh escapes me as I look around the room were ponies were engaging into conversations with each other, eating, and some are already dancing to the music that started playing.

Wait the music it sounds familiar......its dubstep! I turn around where the music is playing from. There stood a DJ behind a sound board with two giant speakers in each side of the DJ. The more I stare at the DJ the more I realize that DJ is a mare. She had a bright light gray coat, and her mane was an electric and blue striped wild mane. I couldn't see her eyes because they were covered with a pair of purplish shades.

Yep. Definitely dubstep.

Well this is certainly a party now is it? I hear a voice say in my head that I immediately recognized as Alister’s.

Oh hey Blix and yeah this some party but I wonder who it's for? I wonder in thought but I heard the dragons voice chuckling. Whats so funny?

Oh nothing. He says in an innocent tone. I was about to question his tone of voice but he interrupts me. Mike I believe your friends are calling you.

"Huh?" I turn my head to see Pinkie waving at me. When she saw she had my attention she waves her hoof over to her, as if saying 'come here'.

I was confused but I walk over to her. "Hey Mike do you have want to meet my BEST friends in the entire world." She put the emphasis on best and she look really excited for me to meet them. I smile nod, actually curious to see her friends as she clearly talks about them ALOT.

"Sure Pinks." She giggled at the nickname I gave her. To be honest I don't know where that came from but shrugged it off as being friendly.

VERY friendly indeed. Blix says in that annoying wooing tone again.

Shut up Blix. I quickly thought back as I follow Pinkie through the crowd.

Alister chuckles in his might voice for a little bit then he went quiet, assuming he decided to leave me alone.

Pinkie hops through the crowd with me in tow behind her. Their was a table on the opposite side of the room. Five other mares where sitting at the table. Two I recognized instantly as Applejack and Rainbow Dash. The mares saw Pinkie coming and was about to greet her when they saw me.

"Howdy Mike!" The first to greet me was Applejack as she tips her hat. Rainbow grumbles something before Applejack gently elbows Rainbow’s side. She hisses and rubs her side as she loudly grumbles. "Hey Mike."

The other three mares look to Rainbow and Applejack with confused expressions. “Wait darlings, how do you meet this fine stallion?" Says a mare with a vibrant white coat, her mane is a rich, indigo, and curly mane and tail. Her eyes were a bright azure blue. She was also a Unicorn and had somewhat of a British accent but had posh written all over her. It made me a little uncomfortable since I KNOW how some posh people like to be snobs. God I hate snobs. But I kept my mouth shut deciding since I'm in a new world; they won't be so bad. Right?

Pinkie, cutting in their conversation, states "YEAH! Me, Applejack, and Dashie know him! After all he did save them from Timberwolves when they were lost in the forest!" She was pretty much overjoyed with her happiness. While the other three mares had their jaws drop in disbelief.

"Wh-what?! Really?!" Exclaims a violet coated mare. She was also a Unicorn too. Her mane and tail was a very dark Saphire blue almost a purple color with a pink, and a purple strip coming down her mane, her tail was the same way. Her eyes were a dark purple. I don't know why but her appearance makes me believe she's some type of bookworm? She gazes towards me with wide eyes. I glance back at her gazed but quickly looked away feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Wow." It was barely audible but it sounded like a whisper. I turn over where I heard it, seeing a Pegasus mare like Rainbow. Her coat was a buttery scotch yellow with a golden tint to it. Her mane and tail were long and pight pink covering one side of her face. Her eyes are a sky blue color. She sees me glance at her and made an 'eep' sound and hid behind her mane. That was an obvious sign that she was the shy type.

The posh mare’s eyes scan over me. "My, my, my you must have such acts of bravery and chivalry in your heart, the act of such a gentlecolt." She said in a wooing tone that made me blush a little. I could hear Alister holding in his snickers from my embarrassment.

Shut it you old geezer, for like an over 100 century year old dragon you sure do laugh a lot. I thought with a bit of a snark.

Hehe yes I had somewhat of a laughing problem back when I was young. I heard him sigh Ha those were the good days. He went quiet. I took it as a sign as it was something he didn’t wish to talk about, I respected him by not saying anything else after that.

The white coated mare was waving her hoof in from of my face, trying getting my attention. "Oh darling you kinda of.. um... spaced out for a moment." She said with that accent of hers. I shook my head a bit and see the other five mares staring at me with confuse glances.

I rub the back of my head with a sheepish smile I could make. Feeling all kinds of embarrassment. “Hehe... sorry about that, I intend to space out every once in awhile hehe." I chuckle a bit as the mares didn’t seem to understand why but didn’t ask anything else about it. Rainbow eyeing me with suspicion again but I decided to ignore it.

"Well it's nice to met you all! My name is Michael Z. But you can call me Mike." I said as I hold out a hoof "Nice to meet you miss......uh....." I couldn’t finish my sentence with nothing else. I felt the atmosphere get awkward, and I can tell that the other mares can feel it too.

"OH! Where are my manners darling? My name is Rarity." The posh mare, who I now know as Rarity, held up her hoof expecting a handshake (or is it hoofshake?) but this action gave me an idea. I held my hoof under hers and lifted up to my face. I gently kissed her hoof.

"It is an honor to meet you M'lady." I said with an accent of my own. Rarity pulled her hoof back and hold it near her mouth covering a quiet giggle and caring a blush that was obviously there with her white coat.

"My, what a gentlecolt." She giggled heartily.

I snicker a bit myself and went on to the lavender mare. "Hi I'm Mike and you are?" I ask as she straightened herself and looked up at me as she was just a little shorter than me.

"Hello Mike, my name is Twilight Sparkle." She held her hoof out for a hoofshake which I gladly obliged. "I can’t help but wonder how strange your name is, no offense." She quickly added but I only smiled.

"Don't worry about it, I get that a lot." I reassured, she smiles back. Now there's one left. I turned around meeting the butterscotch Pegasus mare. She looks at me shyly and hid behind Rarity.

"Don't worry darling, he is such a nice gentlecolt." The shy Pegasus gazes up to Rarity "Trust me." The shy mare nods slowly and takes a deep breath. Slowly but surely she crept out from behind Rarity and into view.

"Hey, I’m Mike what's your name?" I asked with a gentle voice of my own. I can tell she was trying, but as shy as she must’ve been hard to meet new peo- erm ponies.

"F-F-F-Fluttershy." She stutters so quietly; I think It can barely be called a whisper.

"Huh? I'm sorry but I didn't catch that." I say gently, she corrects herself and tries again.

"U-um I-it's Fluttershy. she says again but it's still to quiet.

"One more time please?" I ask with a sheepish smile.

"U-um my name I-is Fluttershy." She answers once more, clearly this time but it was still quiet.

"Fluttershy eh? It suits you well." I say as a complement. Her face went completely red and made a squeak sound, hiding her face behind her mane. To be honest the scene was cute. Why are all these ponies cute?

"Th-thank you..." I heard her say, it was faint but it was there.

"No problem."

Pinkie suddenly squeezes herself between us and wraps an arm around us both. However very close to each others faces. "C’mon Everypony! Now we're done with introducing each other, LETSSSS PARTY!" The crazy pink mare once again threw confetti in the air once again. Everyone howls with excitement, except for Fluttershy who made a quiet...

"Yay!"

I swear I could feel my heart melt a little by the cuteness. I even start to feel my face become a bit hot. It then hit me, I realize I was becoming more and more attracted these mares. I shake off the thought of that, thinking it was probably just this body. I begin to follow the mares toward the rest of the crowd of ponies.

Hey Blix..? I was wondering how long do you think I have to be in this world? I mentally asked Blix. He stays quiet for a minute then responded.

I’ll be honest young Mike, I don't know how long you’ll be here or if ever you are going to get back home... He says in a low tone. I stop in my tracks.

wh-what?! But I don’t want to be stuck here! I got family and friends back at home! They’ll be really worried about me!

I’m sorry... I don’t know how to help you... but all may not be lost young Mike. Maybe if we could ask the princesses themselves for help, I’m sure they would have answer. They’re one of the most strongest beings on this planet. Blix words dig deep into me, never being able to return home..? But why now of all times? How did I even get here at all? So many questions ran through my mind as I’m sure Alister could hear them all. I hear him sigh.

Mike? I know how you feel but now you must stay strong. I promise we’ll find a way back for you. Now matter the difficulty. Blix says with full of determination.

His words got to me, soon I felt a smile spread across my lips.

Thanks you Blix so much. Y’know even after only being here for a day and a half, I feel like we could do anything. I don't know why but I felt a sudden strange of determination flow through me as well. I felt something warm against my chest but I didn’t bother to see what it was.

I feel the same young Mike, and I shall never leave your side. Blix says. I swear I can feel him smile.

Thanks, so much Alister... but for now let's party! I thought excitedly, that warm feeling felt a bit hotter. I didn’t think about it much as I see the mares began walking away from the table.

"H-hey girls wait up!" I shout to them as I trot to catch up to them.

Yes, let’s...for now. Was all I heard from the dragon before I heard a familiar click sound.

What does he mean 'for now?'