• Published 26th Jul 2022
  • 142 Views, 3 Comments

Abstract Love - Faedelaide



What else is there to think of in death than everything you did wrong in life?

  • ...
 3
 142

Man, What a Sadsack, Right?

Oh.

Oh?

Uh oh. Oh no. Oh no no no. I think I'm dead... At least... at least I think I am.

Am I dead? I don't... feel dead, but this place definitely doesn't seem like the kind of place anyone alive would willingly visit. Well that's a bit of an exaggeration, I'm sure some bumbling idiot would bounce right into any black void that showed itself just for kicks. I wouldn't for the life of me, but it seems like that is quite the ironic choice of words in this instance, cuz I'm almost definitely dead.

Well, if death is one thing, it's definitely... underwhelming. I mean, I wasn't really expecting an army of a hundred golden ponies blowing deafening, sterling trumpets in my name or anything like that, but I would've preferred more than...this.

It definitely isn't much to look at. I guess the best way to describe it would be kinda... black, I guess? That's really the best way to describe it, it's just a black meadow with black trees who's black leaves are swaying and dancing on a black summer wind underneath a bright black sun. Pardon my poetic license but yeah, in case you couldn't tell, I don't much care for it. It's tremendously boring. The only thing I really can do here is talk. Talk and think. Great.

So what am I supposed to do now? Do I just sit and wait for Celestia or any of those so called "gods" to pick me up and send me to Valhalla or whatever? Now that would be something to see. Everyone knows that one pony who's all "Celestia will save us, and she will scorn the non-believers," but I always thought they were crazy. Wouldn't it be just the funniest thing if they were right all along? How ironic would it be if Celestia just swoops down from the heavens, takes my hand and says "that's what you get for not believing, idiot," and then tosses me into eternal fire? That'd be funny.

I'd deserve it anyway.

And listen, it's not like I'm like "OH I'M USELESS, I'M A FOOL, I DESERVE NOTHING BUT PAIN AND SADNESS," Cuz I don't. I deserve happiness as much as the next pony, and I was far from some useless sack of potatoes on the side of the road. I mean hell, I was an artist, and a darn good one at that. My work was known all throughout Equestria. I was going to live in the nicest canterlot suites available. Every day was a shower of luxury and praise that I earned all on my own. Well, not ALL my own, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The point is I'm not depressed, or I wasn't when I was alive. I wouldn't call my current state depressed but... whoof... doesn't feel very good. I guess I should've expected it. I mean, if this is Celestia's way of punishing me for not being devout enough for her, it just might work. I think I heard a saying that the most dangerous prison one could be lost in is their own mind, and There isn't really anything else here. Just me, my big mouth, and my overactive head. Oh well.

What did I do to deserve this? That was an easy one. Again, not depressed, just being realistic here. So, a lot of ponies who put their faith in you-know-who-not-gonna-say-her-name-in-case-she's-actually-a-god believe that your job directly contributes to where you end up in "the afterlife". Yeah, some afterlife this is. Anyway, they say that you have to work hard and contribute to society to earn your place in you-know-who's pearly gates. Well that was some horse shi-uh... nonsense. Of course their rhetoric is as old as sun momma herself, so most of it's antiquated and archaic as is. Then they start shouting at artists, musicians, y'know, cultural influencers and the like. I remember a bunch of them taking jabs at Princess Bookworm a couple years back. A couple years back before I died. Obviously. Anyway, they shouted left and right at anyone who didn't follow their code to the period mark. But I mean, look where I am now. Tell me this isn't the purgatory of someone who didn't do enough in his life to help others, and now he's going to be left helpless in a black void as recompence.

Or maybe this was a specific punishment by the princesses themselves. You might've picked this up, but I don't exactly hold very positive feelings for the royal family. I mean, it's not a little suspicious that all four of the princesses are related in some way? I know Cadance is Big C's niece, and Luna is Big C's sister, and Twilight is Cadance's sister, so that makes Twilight like a second niece to Miss Sunrise, right? I mean, I don't really care about their nepotistic tendencies all that much, but the least they could do is actually TRY and make the world a safer place. When I was alive, I felt like there was some assault on the city almost every week. Changelings, dragons, some "Terrible Trio" or whatever that whole situation was. It was pretty annoying for someone with lots of incredibly valuable and fragile items on him. Whatever, it usually wasn't that big a deal, I mean the invasions usually never lasted more than an hour, but sometimes they were awfully destructive.

I remember when the... I think they were the Mean Three actually. Yes, that's what they were. When the Mean Three ransacked Canterlot, they destroyed a nearby art museum. You can guess what this meant for me. Hundreds of priceless pieces were irreversibly destroyed, and some of them were my own. I was crushed when that happened. All I could paint for the next week was... oh...heh, how ironic. It was black plains with black trees.

Somewhere out there, Sunny C is laughing her ass off right about now. I know it.

...

...

Man, this sucks.