• Published 25th Jun 2023
  • 375 Views, 63 Comments

My Little Pony: Train in Equestria - Tisalie



Train Wrecker, a young Pegasus Stallion hailing from Germaney, moves to Equestria to become a Wonderbolt.

  • ...
2
 63
 375

Following A Trail

(3rd April 2017)

Monday, 6:33 in the morning. The cadets at the Wonderbolts Academy just finished their physical training and were on their way to the changing rooms. Train Wrecker got his uniform and was just about to put it on, when a letter fell out of his locker. The envelope was of a pinkish-white colour and had a big heart on it. Train couldn't believe what he was seeing. He had never gotten a love letter before. And, although he was really happy about it, he started to panic when he realised what this meant.

He excused himself to the bathroom, locked himself in one of the stalls and opened up the letter nervously.

On one hoof, he felt really charmed that somepony would actually fall for him. On the other hoof though, his huge crush on Rainbow Dash would mean he'd have to reject somepony. And he knew all too well how much that hurts.

The letter read:

Dear Train Wrecker,

You're a real blessing to the Wonderbolts and Equestria. You've been nothing but kind to anypony you encountered and you truly reiterated the family aspect of the Wonderbolts.

It's no wonder that somepony would eventually fall for you and your gorgeous orange eyes. Orange is the color of optimism and you portray that perfectly. Everytime I hear you speak with that cute, British accent, my heart just explodes into a million pieces. I've never seen a performance quite like yours in all my years of existence.

I've never been good with love and I'm not expecting to start anything, but I just really wanted you to know what I feel.

I'm probably just a huge, lovedrunk fool, but I hope I managed to make you smile.

Best wishes,

- Anon A. Mous


Train read the letter in shock, tears forming in his eyes. That letter was so sweet and the writing style reminded him of love letters he'd written as a teen. He had a panic attack, not wanting to break anypony's heart, but also wanting to thank the mare who wrote this.

After several minutes, he remembered he had training to attend to and pocketed the letter. He showed up 16 minutes late for practice.

"Changeling Boy!" Hollered Captain Spitfire. "What in the name of Luna and Celestia took you so long!? Were you enjoying yourself in the bathroom?!"

"Wha.... Oh, heavens, no! I was just.... It's personal." Train said after his train of thought was derailed.

"That's no excuse, Wrecker! Since you seem to like spending time in he bathroom, you should have no problem with cleaning the toilets until I can prepare a sandwich on it! Do I make myself clear?!" She shouted angrily.

Train hung his head and sighed in defeat.

"Yes, Captain Spitfire, ma'am." He replied in an unmotivated tone.

Practice was Hell for him that day. Rainbow Dash grew quite worried. After practice, she confronted him about it.

"Hey, Wrecky. What happened back there? What's going on?"

Her worrying made Train feel slightly better, as he smiled lightly.

"Oh, don't worry about it. It's not that big of a deal. It is something I have to decide for myself though."

"You sure? You know you can always come to me when something's bothering you, right?"

"Yes, I am aware and it means the world to me. Thank you for your eagerness to help. I guarantee you though, this is something for me to fix."

"Well.... If you say so." She said reluctantly. "Come to me if you change your mind."

"I will.... Now, I should probably get going. The toilets ain't gonna clean themselves."

Rainbow Dash nodded understandably, leaving a little concerned still.

For the next 2 hours, Train cleaned all the toilets until they were sparkling clean. But he didn't really care. Not even that could distract him from the declaration of love he'd received.

He went to his locker afterwards to change, whe he found a small paper bag in his locker. A note was posted to the bag, saying:

I got you some fruit. It's the least you deserve and I hope it can satisfy your hunger for now.

The words "Ropav Liart" were written on the back of the bag.

"What the.... Is that some sort of riddle?" Train whispered to himself.

He took a bite of the apple, since he was starving. He then started to change. He was just done removing his uniform, when he was startled by a loud noise. He quickly turned around, to see Vapor Trail, a greenish mare, who usually stands next to him in practice. She had backed into one of the lockers.

"Oh, shoot! Silly me, always walking backwards. I didn't mean to scare you." She apologized, a little flustered.

"Oh, it's alright. Did you hurt yourself?" Train asked her with a smile on his face.

"I... Uh... No, no. I'm fine. Thanks. You're way too kind."

"Like I always say, I love to help."

She smiled and nodded.

"Alright, I have to go now. KThanksBye!" She left rather abruptly.

"Huh.... What a cutie." He said to himself.

Then, a thought hit him.

"Backwards.... Back....wards..." He gasped in realisation.

He grabbed the bag and looked at words on the back and started to read them backwards.

"Trail.... Va....por..... Holy Celestia.... VAPOR TRAIL, WAIT!!!" He called.

Vapor Trail turned around and stopped in her tracks. She looked at him nervously.

"Train.... Is... Is everything alright?"

Train handed her the letter. She blushed heavily.

"Oh my...."

He put a hood to her mouth.

"Please... How do I word this.... Vapor Trail.... You are such a sweet and nice mare. I've rarely heard words that are this cute and I want to thank you wholeheartedly. It shows me I'm not a monster undeserving of love. And.... I just wish I wouldn't have to say no. Because... I really wouldn't.... If it weren't for....."

He took a deep breath and just admitted it outloud to her.

"I have a huge crush on Rainbow Dash! It's.... It's really strong and I only have my eyes on her. I.... I just.... I'm so sorry..."

Vapor Trail listened to him intently. She teared up a bit, but then smiled.

"Oh, Train.... I... That's so wonderful! I'm sure you'd make for a great couple. And you definitely have a chance with her."

"You.... Really don't have to say that. I know how much it hurts."

"No, really.... It.... Might hurt terribly now, but I'm sure it will get better someday. It's fine.... And I'm glad you don't force yourself to anything."

Train looked at her with a loving expression.

"Listen.... As weird as it sounds, don't force yourself to stop loving me. I support you. It's not a big deal, I think it's quite charming. And... I allow you to fantasise however you want. Let your imagination run wild. If it's what helps you, then by all means, go for it!"

Vapor Trail looked really surprised and then hugged him very tightly.

"I.... Thank you.... May Celestia bless you! You're the best stallion ever! Rainbow Dash is so lucky!"

Suddenly, Train leaned in and gave Vapor Trail a long, loving kiss on the lips. Vapor's wings popped right up and she lost herself in that moment. She looked at him with teary eyes, blushing intensely.

Train just smiled back at her and said.

"Good luck... And thanks for loving me."

Train left the locker rooms, while Vapor stayed behind, smiling brightly at what just happened.

"How.... Could he have made a rejection so.... sweet?"

Author's Note:

Train Wrecker, despite hailing from Germaney does speak with a British accent. The reason being, that he prefers it over the Amareican accents.