• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,608 Views, 4,549 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,549
 17,608

PreviousChapters Next
Preparations.

I awoke the next morning to squeaks, squeals, and screeches. It took me a little bit to remember where I was. I looked for my egg, and it wasn't in the room with me. I hopped off the couch, and began to scour the living room. Once I was done there, I extended my search to the rest of the cottage, becoming more and more frantic.

I heard the front door open. I blurred through the cottage, barely stopping in front of Conner in time. "Where is it?!"

With a yelp, Conner jumped back, dropping the empty pail he had been carrying. I think the multiple Swifts were a bit overkill. From my new position -belly up, a few feet away- I could hear him cautiously approach. "You're, uh, you're not crazy again, are you?"

"No~oo." I groaned. "Couldn't find our egg. Started to panic." I rolled over to get up.

"Ah." Conner lightly bumped my side. "Come on. The- Our egg is in the hen house. Vince is-"

"Right here!" Vince called out, poking his head around the door frame. "I'm dropping off the nails an' shit Joy's gonna need. Did'ja know she's making an extension on her chicken coop in case we get more eggs? She's with AJ getting some lumber. They're going to work on it when they get time."

I shook my head. "Lead the way. Conner." I followed him out the cottage, pausing long enough for him to pick up the pail. We lapsed briefly into silence, one I quickly decided to break. "Still uneasy about this whole parental responsibility?"

He nodded his head before shooting a questioning glance at me. "Ho'er y' shtayin' sho calm a'out it?"

"'How am I staying so calm about it'?" I waited for his nod. "I'm not really sure. Maybe it's a maternal thing?"

We had reached the chicken coop, allowing Conner to place the pail by the outside wall. "So how're you so calm about being...." He trailed off, waving a paw in my general direction. "I mean, we've only been here... Three, four months?" He blinked. "Wait, has it really been that long? It feels so much shorter."

I blinked. "It shouldn't've been that long. I mean the first three seasons only took about a year. So either the show's writers made a gaff somewhere, or the Equestrian calendar is really fucked up."

Conner started to stare off into the distance. "... Wonder what's been going on back on earth. Assuming time's the same here as it is there, you think they think we're dead? Do you think they even looked for us?"

My thoughts turned to the world we left behind. "Dunno. Personally, I try not to dwell on it. Way I see it, we don't know if we'll even get to go back, so we might as well make the most of what we have here. I mean, hasn't it been a blast so far? We get free room and board, and don't have to worry about money, the only schedule we need to keep is our own, and the best part? No debt's or taxes!"

Vince raised an eyebrow. "And we've only had to give up our human bodies, your gender, and Zann's leg. How is that a 'blast'? And our 'free' room and board comes at the cost of the ponies treating us as pets, and even then, we're all working off that new debt." He shook his head. "Yes we're nothing more then smart animals to them, so I can understand that side of things, but that doesn't change the fact we gave up our freedom here."

"Do you want to live in the Everfree?" I retorted.

"Well, no. But that doesn't mean that living as a 'dog' doesn't rankle me." Vince paused to rub his eyes with a paw. "Doesn't that bother you at all?"

"Nope." I proudly shook my head. "I find it kinda freeing. Definitely a lot less stressful."

Vince stared at me with a hazy eye, his paw occupying the other. "... Your lackadaisy attitude is gonna get someone killed one day, you know that right?" He turned and started to hobble off. "I gotta go clear this shit from my eyes, then I gotta get back to the farm. Later."

I watched him leave, a frown on my face. I felt a paw on my shoulder. Turning, I let Conner lead me into the hen house. Chickens lined the sides of the room, and our egg rested in a vacant spot near the entrance. The hens began to shift about in their nests, warily watching us. "This is why we needed the extension." Conner murmured. "They really don't like us in here, so we gotta be quick."

I nodded, pulling ahead to nuzzle our egg. I spent a few minutes looking over it for any cracks, before leaving with Conner. Sitting down outside the coop, I turned to Conner. "Do you know if Rainbow will be coming to pick me up, or...?"

"Yeah, she'll be here after work."

I nodded. "They're setting up a mild rain storm for tonight. Shouldn't be too long."

We sat there in silence. A few minutes passed like that. "You thinking about what Vince said?" Conner asked. After I nodded, he continued. "Hey, don't let what he said bug you to much. He's been a bit on edge lately, thinking about home. Did you know that it would've been his birthday next week?"

"No." I blinked. "I didn't realize...."

Conner nodded. "I'm going to talk to the others, throw him a party..." We watched as Rainbow came in for a landing by Fluttershy's front door.

I got up and turned to say my farewells. I instead paused and squinted a little. "... I think you may be getting pink eye."

"Thanks, I'll get Joy to look at it later."


[Lulu]

Opal and I watched Rarity pace around her bedroom, suitcases scattered about in varying states of 'full'.

"Oooh, I really wish I could bring you both with me," she whined for the fourth time today, "but the trains will only allow one pet per passenger in the passenger compartment."

<<So let the dog stay in caboose with the rest of the luggage.>> Opal commented.

Rarity gently placed a hat in one of the suitcases as she continued to rant. "And neither of you has ever been to Canterlot! Oh, you would both love it there."

I spoke up. <<Opal doesn't care about going, so you could just take me.>>

<<Yes, take her.>>

"I know you both want to come, but I will need to leave one of you behind anyways." Rarity sighed. She turned to me and continued. "I may not know much, but Fluttershy's told me enough. Leo's already laid her egg, so you shouldn't be that far off."

<<What!?>> I screeched.

Opal looked at me with pity. <<Ouch, and you really wanted to go, too.>>

Rarity continued her one sided conversation. "I've talked it over with Fluttershy, and she's agreed to look after you and Sweetie while I'm gone."

<<But we don't even know how Leo laid hi- her egg!>>

Opal just stared at me. <<When a mommy's in heat, and a daddy's horny...>>

Rarity giggled. "Aww, do you miss me already? Well, don't worry. Mommy's not leaving for a week yet. I'm just packing early." Turning to continue said packing, Rarity muttered to herself. "Never know what I might need when I get there. And I simply must look my best..."

<<Come on, Opal.>> I started to leave the room. <<Let's go get some fabrics ready. Knowing Rarity, she's going to forget them and want to make a dress or something...>>

PreviousChapters Next