• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 17,608 Views, 4,549 Comments

Equestrian Eeveelution. - Symphonicdysonince



So, my friends and I woke up in this forest none of us recognize, and were scattered by these wooden dog things. Now I gotta find my friends before we get into any more trouble. Now if only I wasn't a foot tall, and can say more than "Eevee"....

  • ...
64
 4,549
 17,608

PreviousChapters Next
Tempting Fate.

I awoke underwater.

Panicking, I floundered around until I broke the surface. That was when I finally noticed some details. Namely, that I had been breathing fine, that I could see wood through the water, and that the water was suspiciously shaped like Lulu. And that my Flailing had woken her up.

"Izzit my turn ta look after th' eggs?" Lulu slurred, lifting her head to look at me.

"No." I groaned, finally freeing myself from her clutches. "Don't tell the others this, but I panicked when I woke up."

Lulu looked down at herself. Taking in her somewhat liquid self, she quickly put the pieces together. "Yeah, I'm still trying to get full control of that. I do apologize for giving you a scare, darling."

I waved her off. "It's fine. I think we're going to need to get used to that happening." Stretching, I was surprised when I felt water underpaw. I watched as Lulu reformed herself.

She caught me looking, and smiled. "Works better than stretching." She explained.

Both our ears swiveled to the Daycare's entrance. We turned to see Connor poke his head in. "Oh good, you're up." He came in, waving his tail to the door. "Twilight and Moon Dancer are on their way, or will be shortly. You... girls freshen up, I'll watch the eggs."

We didn't take long. And Connor wasn't gone for long before we heard hoof-falls and voices. "Here we go..." I grumbled to Lulu.

".... Forgive Fluttershy, it takes a while for her to warm up to new ponies. The Den is just back here." We heard Twilight say. "I'll have to go and see if I can get Fluttershy to help translate for us, but let's see who's here first."

"This is where they wanted to keep their eggs? You have any tests going for those?" A new voice, which must've belonged to Moon Dancer, asked.

"No, I wanted to let them hatch with the minimum amount of interference, like you suggested." I saw a pale yellow hoof step near the ramp. Twilight soon came into view as she carefully entered the room.

<<Oi!>> I barked. <<This is a doghouse! Ponies stay out!>>

Lulu gave me a lazy look. <<Overprotective, much?>>

Twilight gave me a smile, obviously misinterpreting my barking. "I'm happy to see you too. I've got a friend I want you to meet. We'll be waiting outside, so you take your time." She backed down the ramp, before turning to Moon Dancer. "The last two you didn't meet last night are in there."

Moon Dancer sighed. "What experiments do you have running on these two?"

"I'm not doing experiments on all of them..." Twilight pouted. I assumed Moon Dancer was giving some sort of look to Twilight by the length of the pause. "... I wanted to find out how Lulu, the big blue one with fins, can turn into a liquid state."

"And the other one...?"

"Leo is mostly the control. Rainbow Dash is doing an unplanned one, and is trying to see how fast she can get her." Another pause. "I'll go get Fluttershy now..." We saw Twilight walk off, with Moon Dancer staying behind.

Moon Dancer lay down where she was standing, allowing us to see each other. The first thing I noticed was how oddly similar her mane style was to Twilight's, then the two stripes in her cherry red mane that matched Twilight's coat and mane colors. Behind the black rim, tape fixed glasses she wore, I could see the same eyes as Twilight. At least the cutie mark is different...

"Reminds me of... Trixie's."

Yeah. Just the moon part, though.

Lulu poked me. <<Well, what are you waiting for?>> I looked at her. <<Do go out and introduce yourself, dear. I'll watch the eggs.>>

<<Why me?>> I hissed.

<<Evolution seniority.>> She said, placing the a paw onto her chest.

<<All the more reason for you to go and introduce yourself first. It'll be more lady-like.>> I snarked, jabbing a paw at her. <<Give me one good reason why I should go out first.>> She smirked, before letting my paw sink into her, then yanking me through her body and forcing me through the door. I stumbled down the ramp before face-planting at the end. <<... That's a good reason. When'd you learn that?>>

<<Twilight's not the only one who's been doing experiments, darling.>> Lulu huffed.

That must've taken more out of her than I thought. I focused onto the pony in front of me. Eh, might as well play the part. I carefully got up, and inched closer to Moon Dancer. I stopped just out of hoof reach. Moon Dancer slowly held a hoof. I took a page out of my old dog's book, and leaned in to sniff her- Holy fucking hell! She even smells like Twilight! I flinched back as she raised her hoof to try and pat my head. Was she supposed to be an example of what Twilight could've been?

I decided to get closer to Moon Dancer, and let her pet me. She gave me a few pats with her hoof, and that felt slightly awkward. She then switched to magic, and I zoned out. I came to when Twilight came back with Fluttershy and Connor. Twilight began the slow process of getting Fluttershy acquainted with Moon Dancer, while Connor ushered me back into the Daycare.

Once inside, he sat by the far wall from the door. <<I'm here to look after the eggs, if you two want to go get something to eat.>> Connor shook a paw at me, before briefly staring at it. <<I miss snapping... Anyways, Villhiem wanted to ask a favour from you. He said he'd be waiting by the pond.>>

I gave him a nod before leaving for Rainbow's for some food. I hope she's made those fishcakes with the salmon... I mused as I rapidly drew nearer to the cloud steps. Without thinking, I jumped for the nearest step. Oh! What about the one with the jelly. She's been getting- oop! I found myself getting reaquainted with the ground. Odd.
I remember clouds being more solid.

"I think it might have to do with your bed. When was the last time we slept in it?"

When was the Running of the Leaves? I looked up at Rainbows house. ... I wonder if there's a cooldown on cloudwalking... Welp. Nothing for it then. I sat back, and pulled in a lungfull of air. <<TAA~AANK! I NEED YOU TO WAKE UP RD! I SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW TO WALK ON CLOUDS!>>

I saw a small green head pop out of a window. <<What'd'ya mean, ya forgot how ta... When was the last time ya slept up here? Aight, aight. Gettin Rainbow up.>>

It didn't take as long as I thought it would for Rainbow to come and get me. She plopped me into my bed, before getting me breakfast, grumbling all the while. I could feel the tingle spread over me again as I ate. Once I was done, I took a tentative step onto the floor. Feeling the resistance, I trotted back out to the main room. Rainbow had fallen back asleep, so I saw myself out.

I quickly made my way over to the pond, looking for the greener evolved form. I found him, predictably, in the sunniest spot there. I made my way over, and found him fast asleep. "Hey, I've got an idea. Find a leafy stick."

I soon found such a branch and held it over Villhiem. The shade soon woke him. I tossed the branch away while I waited for Villhiem to properly wake up. "Heya! Heard ya had something to ask me?"

He nodded. "Yup. I'm going to be making a trip into the Everfree to visit Zecora. Could you look after the Crusaders until I get back?"

"Sure!" I shrugged. "How hard could it be?"

Author's Note:

Oh, hey. Look at that. A chapter.

Soo~oo, my muse got tired of my procrastination and sat me down and chained me to my keyboard. I am now allowed a brief break before she handcuffs me again. It's okay, they're pink and fuzzy.

... I may have a problem.

PreviousChapters Next