• ...
12
 222
 9,497

Chapter 12: Expression of Emotions

Big Macintosh was laying in bed, when he heard a knock at his door.

“Ah don’t wanna talk!” said Big Macintosh.

“Come on Big Macintosh!” said Applejack. “Yah been in there way too long! When you fall down, yah gotta get back up!”

“Go away, Applejack!” yelled Big Mac.

“CON SARNIT! THAT’S IT!” yelled Granny Smith.

Suddenly Big Mac’s door came crashing down. Standing there was Granny Smith. How she was able to kick his door down, he would never know.

“Granny!?” said Big Mac. “What tha hay are you doin’!?

“Ah’ve been quiet too long!” proclaimed Granny Smith. “And ah canst be quiet no more!”

“But she hasn’t stopped talking about it all week,” said Apple Bloom.

“Don’t poke the bear, sugar cube,” said Applejack.

“Macintosh Chelmsford Apple!” began Granny Smith.

“Aw, Granny, how many times ah gotta tell yah…” he started.

“No talkin’ back!” said Granny Smith. “Ah can still put yah over mah leg and whoop yer big behind! Ifn’ this filly really means that much to yah, then you gotta shape up and go after her! Life is too short tah be sittin in yer room feelin’ sorry fer yerself! Twilight Sparkle’s a good young filly! Ifn’ you don’t snatch her up, somepony else will! Do you want that tah happen!?”

“N…nope,” said Big Mac quietly.

“What’s that!?” said Granny. “Ah can’t hear ya! Alls ah can hear is some other feller askin’ Twilight Sparkle out! That what you want!?”

“NOPE!” he finally yelled as loud as he could.

“That’s more like it!” she proclaimed. “Now get yer silly flank in gear, n’ go get that sweet filly b'fer she decides to move on!”

“EEYUP!” exclaimed Big Mac.

He ran out of his room as fast as his legs could take him. But he came back for his yoke, then immediately ran back out. Applejack and Apple Bloom just stood there in shocked silence.

“Ya’ll is a bunch of amateurs!” said Granny Smith. “Yeh don’t get a colt movin’ by bein’ all sweet n’ soft with em. Yeh gotta challenge their masculinity…Now if ya’ll scuse me, ah need me a good ol fashioned nap.”

As Granny Smith walked back downstairs to her rocking chair, Applejack and Apple Bloom looked at each other.

“Think we’ll ever be as smart as Granny Smith?” said Apple Bloom.

"Ah sure hope so, Apple Bloom,” said Applejack. “Cuz ah don’t know what we’ll do the day she finally goes. That old mare never ceases to amaze me.”

Twilight was nearly halfway to Sweet Apple Acres when she saw what looked to be a dust cloud. But it was definitely not a dust cloud. It was Big Macintosh, running faster than she had ever seen him run. Big Mac saw Twilight almost immediately and managed to come to a screeching halt. They both stared at each other intensely for a moment.

“Big Macintosh,” began Twilight. “I…”

“Hold it, Twilight,” interrupted Big Mac. “Ah have a lot tah say and if ah don’t get it out now, ah’ll never be able to say it again…Twilight…Ah love you! Since the first day ah saw you comin’ inta Ponyville ah haven’t thought of any other filly. Gettin’ tah know you only increased those feelins. Yer the smartest, sweetest, an most beautiful filly ah ever laid eyes on. Gettin’ tah see you any day is always a highlight fer me, no matter how bad that day coulda been beforehand. And ah think the twinkles on mah cutie mark aint twinkles, but sparkles. It means that the filly fer me is the someone who sparkles. Ah can only hope that you feel the same way fer me that ah feel fer you.”

The two stood there for what seemed to be forever. At least to Big Macintosh. Twilight suddenly began to tear up. He wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Twilight then jumped at him and pressed her lips deeply against his. It was the most passionate kiss either had ever felt in their entire lives. At this moment, their moment, nothing else mattered. There was nopony else but them. After several minutes they pulled away from each other, continuing to look in each other’s eyes.

“I love you too, Macintosh Chelmsford Apple,” said Twilight with a sly smile.

“Ah’ll never live that down now,” said Big Mac.

“Would you feel better if I told you my middle name was Monceros?” asked Twilight.

“Monoceros?” asked Big Mac.

“Astrology is a huge hobby in my family,” said Twilight.

“Ah spose it helps,” said Big Mac. “Though it still sounds better than Chelmsford.”

“I don’t care what you’re called,” said Twilight. “As long as you’re you.”

She gave him a peck on the cheek.

“And I think I discovered something new about my cutie mark,” said Twilight.

“Really?” asked Big Mac. “What?”

“See this white star behind the bigger star?” she asked.

He looked closely at her flank, and indeed there it was.

“Eeyup,” he said “What about it?”

“While the tinier stars may be my friends, who will always be around me,” she started. “The white star represents the one who will always be with me no matter what.”

Big Macintosh smiled widely and they shared another kiss.

“We should probably let our families know everything is going well now,” said Twilight.

“Eeyup,” said Big Mac. “Ah reckon that’s a mighty fine idea.”

They decided to walk to Sweet Apple Acres first.

“Guess what?” said Twilight. “I met Chester Buckingham.”

“Really!?” said a surprised Big Mac. “Wow! He’s a nice feller.”

“I know,” said Twilight. “He was my first coltfriend during my time at the academy.”

“WHAT!?” said a shocked Big Mac.

Twilight gave him one last tackle, planting another big kiss on him. They started laughing big as they continued on to Sweet Apple Acres to give the exciting news to the rest of the Apple Family.

To Twilight Sparkle
Love is the greatest adventure of all! Never let it slip away.

Bookworm Ferdinand Scholar

AKA Chester Buckingham

THE END

TwiMac will return in Love Is a Many Splendid Pile of Crazy!

Comments ( 61 )

the diabetes was worth it :pinkiehappy:

Very nicely done

The only bummer is that the story is now complete

This story was wonderful

:twilightsmile::eeyup:
TOGETHER FOREVER

:yay: diavetes... :heart:

1494596 I plan to eventually do a followup. :twilightsmile::eeyup:

1494673 I will definately be watching for that!

Loved it good sir.:moustache:

1494772 And the rest of the mane six will have bigger roles. For this I felt it was best to keep it minimal on characters.

Nicely done. For a non-clop romance, this is one i enjoyed. 9.0/10. I'd like to see that follow-up soon. :scootangel:

TWIMAC TWIMAC TWIMAC!!!! YAY! :eeyup:+:twilightblush:=:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I think you should have them experience the ups and downs of dating (especially when he meets her family for the first time, or is formally introduced to the Princesses *hears a loud thud as said big red pony passes out*). Then perhaps a future sequel could be centered around marriage, married life, and starting a family, but that's for you to decide. Anyways, keeping an eye out for your next work!

1495901 These are scenarios I've been thinking of.

1496185 I felt it was very obvious that I was kidding around with the whole won't somepony think of the children line. Further more, this is fan fiction, based around a show that is in itself fictional. So really none of this should be taken as serious. Toys are but a side product of the show itself. Now I know MLP started as a toy line first, but that was back in g1, but this is a different realm of continuity. And I'll say it again, Andromeda is a cooler name. While I am a fan of the show, I am not what you would call a die hard brony, more of a casual brony. It's like those that make Rainbow Dash a lesbian, even though this is not canon with the show, or shipping various characters together that overall don't really make a whole lot of sense. While I have no problem with there being gay characters, I personally find it odd having everypony being into both genders. To me that doesn't make a whole lot of sense given that these are sentient and cognitive creatures who act like people. I realize this will get some flack, but this is just my opinion. I like to go for what I think is a more realistic approach to the characters. Realistically speaking I think it makes more sense to have some be just gay, straight, or bisexual. Given Pinkie Pie's overall crazy nature I see her as being bisexual. I could believe Rainbow Dash as a lesbian, and I see the rest of the mane 6 as straight. With that said, I've seen shipping amongst the mane 6 that works just fine, again it's just how I feel it would work best. Given Twilight's neurotic nature, and how being with a colt would already be tough for her, I could only imagine being with a filly would drive her more crazy and she'd be more worried about screwing that up. And I can see how a FlutterMac shipping could work, but personally I feel it just doesn't make for a super interesting story. And when it comes to the mane 6 I really see Pinkie and Rainbow Dash working the best, but not a whole lot else with the others. Again I've seen this work, honest opinion here. And if people don't care for name changes, think of it as an alternate reality. :pinkiehappy: Not an extreme alternate reality, but hey alternate realities can range in extremes, so there can be ones that are only slightly different with minor details. Think Futurama when there was an alternate world where the differences were mainly color swaps and results of coin flips. It's cool that everyone loves this show so much, I love the show, but this is fan fiction, shit made up by viewers of the show. If i were writing these scenarios for the show, sure I'd go with more continuity and names and such, but I doubt that'll ever happen. At the moment I'm writing for the internet, and despite the government's many many MANY attempts, the internet has no true order and regulations. I think Discord would LOVE the internet! And I love the scenarios that people make up for these characters, it shows a lot of creativity. I'm sure I'll write some stronger stuff in the future, but I'll still be proud of this story. And everybody should be proud of the stories they create. Remember, as bad as your story may seem to you, at least you aren't Stephanie Meyers, Uwe Boll, The Wayan's Brothers (any combo really), Michael Bay, 90's Don Bluth, Tommy Wiseau or SeltzerBerg! That should help you all sleep better. :pinkiehappy:

1495961 Glad to hear it, looking forward to it.

Overall a cute story between a pair of cute characters... What more do we need? Nicely done.

Such a great story. :twilightsmile:
GO GRANNY SMITH!!!!!

:twilightsmile: + :eeyup: = :heart:

I give you five out of five, an excellent ending there :) and you gotta love Granny Smith's involvement. The old fashioned ways really are the best sometimes LOL.

:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

For those who disliked me simply naming Twilight's mother Andromeda. I've made a slight tweak. You're welcome. :pinkiehappy:

1504056 I know, it was a typo. A the colon semi colon button is right next to the quotations. Fixed it! :twilightsmile:

This fic was worth the read. I'm a Huge Twimac fan, but all the others seem to forward for me. You changed the game and took it to a whole nother level. Bravo.

Great story, mate! Can't wait to see more from you!

Nice, aside from several typos and stuffs that I'm not elaborating on because I'm too lazy to, I liked the execution.

I think it would've been better if it was longer buuut, that's just my honest opinion. Guess I have a thing for drawn out shipping, especially TwixMac :applejackunsure:

I'd give it...:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:/10
looking forward to dat SEQUEL! :twilightsmile:

1532825 Grammar has never been my strongest point when it comes to writing. As for the length, I figured I'd make a sequel, so I didn't want to make it super long. Also with the sequel I plan to include more of the mane 6. I'm sure many noticed they weren't really in this much. Though that was intentional because I wanted this to be a fairly contained story and include characters that I felt were important to the story (i.e. Spike and the rest of the Apple Family). I'm not super concerned with grammar though given that this is a fan fic and I'm not trying to get published or anything. As long as people get what's going on, I'm happy. Nothing against other writers on here who want to make sure it's all grammatically correct, good for them in fact, but I'm just trying to tell a fun story that I hope will keep people interested. I have gone back to chapters to fix any possible typos I made, but I'm not just not that much of a stickler. But if anyone points them out I have no problem going back to fix it. I hope to get the sequel out soon, but I also plan to have a bit more going on and it will most likely be a bit longer given that I'll be including more characters. I am glad for the positive feedback from everyone, I wasn't sure how well received this would be given that it was my first published fan fic. I'm sure most people have that worry with their own work. I'll plan the sequel out a bit more than I did this one. In fact I came up with Bookworm while writing. I always intended to have Twilight have a coltfriend, but it was while writing this back story that I fleshed out this character more. Some of course will point out he's not that interesting a character, but I really never intended him to be super interesting. And I've rambled for a very long time. :twilightsmile::eeyup:

One little error at the end:
"He was my first boyfriend during my time at the academy.”
=> should be "coltfriend" :derpytongue2:

:twilightsmile::heart::eeyup:

Liked + Faved!

Aaaand the moral of the story is everyone has terrible middle names.

Except me.

James is just sexy.

1859810 Grammar has never been my strongest area, I admit. I may go back and tweak some things on this story, but not probably not anytime soon since it's done and I have others I'm working on. As for repeating words, I've heard people reuse the same words constantly, it never seemed that odd to me. Then again, I have a weird way with words and language at times, so to me I don't see the difficulty of reading it other than some grammatical errors here and there. Since this is fan fic, and I'm doing this for fun, as long as the reader can tell what's going on I feel that I've done my job. Glad you like it.

Comment posted by ThatBronyWithTheClipOns deleted Dec 27th, 2012

1860896 Now I see what you mean. The kiss is supposed to be odd, given that it's their first time kissing and the fact that it happens all of a sudden. It's supposed to feel weird. And really, "I'll just say it" sounds as if it's some sort of elephant in the room or something. It's just a kissing scene and this is just a fan fiction, I wasn't going for pulitzer caliber writing here and I'll also admit I don't have a huge amount of kissing experience. I was mainly going for passion, not natural.

1988302 Grammar has never been my strongest area. And since this is fan fic that I'm doing for fun, I'm not super concerned with missing a comma, as long as people can understand what's going on. As for spelling I often write these late at night so I sometimes miss things. But I want to post these as soon as possible so I don't bother with an editor and I can always fix mistakes if I notice them myself or someone points them out for me.

1988388 She's popped out of a bucket of sponges, a flower pot, and the inside of a mirror

1988388 Pinkie Pie operates on cartoon physics. In other words, nothing is impossible for her :pinkiehappy:

AMAZING! I think it is great you managed to come up with ways to relate their Cutie Marks even though they are not suposed to. I also saw the whole "Bookworm being the author of Daring Doo" coming, but it was very well done nonetheless. :eeyup: Lovin the story, and you have given me inspiration for my own... Also, G.I. Granny Smith was a nice touch. “Ah can’t hear ya! Alls ah can hear is some other feller askin’ Twilight Sparkle out! That what you want!?” :rainbowlaugh: Priceless.

1988520 Glad you liked it. I figured it would be pretty obvious that Bookworm would end up being an author of Daring Do stories. Rom coms are typically predictable in one way or another. My inspiration for there being multiple authors of Daring Do was from The Princess Bride where there have been more than one Dread Pirate Roberts. Not sure if you're familiar with that movie.

1988545
Indeed I am! And a fine movie it was! I simply did not realize the reference until now... good heavens I can be dense...

1988603
Ah yes, and the novel too... See? I really CAN be dense.

1988620 It's cool, I wasn't sure how many would get the reference anyway. It was more a little something for me because the Princess Bride is one of my all time favorite movies.

2191242 I'm sure the writers of the show did their research with apple names, so I should too. :twilightsmile:

The chalenging masculinity thing? Bang on.:eeyup:

2210905 Glad you liked it. At least, I'm assuming that's what you meant. lol I got the idea of drill sergeant Granny Smith from the Family Appreciation Day episode. I figured someone like her would also use it on ponies, not just jars.

2211010indeed good sir and i look forward to reading the RarDash... Or is it? Is it Rainbow/Rarity in relationships with oc's?

2212996 Well, most of the drama comes from Rainbow Dash in her relationship, I just wanted to include Rarity on the cover. You'll just have to read to find out. :raritywink:

2302663 Sorry to disappoint in that area, kissing isn't something I'm an expert on and I figured a first kiss would feel off between two characters who are just discovering feelings for each other.

Login or register to comment