• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 1,453 Views, 58 Comments

Falling Stars - guitarguyjoe



Fluttershy was up late one night caring for her animals, when she noticed a falling star. She made a wish to meet her very special somepony. Little did she realize that the star was heading for her cottage, and that it wasn't a star, it was a po

  • ...
5
 58
 1,453

Chapter 7: A Good Night's Sleep

As we headed to the cottage I pondered as to why Fluttershy would have volunteered to give me a place to stay so willingly. Was it because of the fact that she found me and feels she has a responsibility to my well being? Or does she really ... No, it couldn't be.

We were approaching the cottage as I began to feel the weight of sleep beginning to overtake me. As Fluttershy opened the door we walked in to what would be the opposite of what I had hoped for.

"SURPRISE!!!!" exclaimed a bunch of ponies who were hidden behind furniture.

Fluttershy had jumped into my forehooves from the shock and clamped onto me on reflex. When she realized where she was she quickly began to hover and hide her blush behind her mane. I also blushed and proceeded to look at the intruders.

Suddenly out of nowhere a the pink pony from earlier today had appeared in front of me. "Hi I'm Pinkie Pie" she began "Isawyouearliertodayanddidn'trecogniseyouandifIdidn'trecogniseyouthenyoumusthavebeennewintownbecauseIknoweveryponyintownandifyouwerenewthatmeantyoudidn'thaveanyfriendsbutseeingyouholdFluttershylikethatIrealisenowthatyoualreadyhaveamarefriendanywayIdecidedtothrowyouaWelcometoPonyvillepartyandIgotalmosteveryoneinPonyvilletocomesonowyouhavelotsoffriends".

I barely followed any of that and decided to try and delay the party to another time because I was tired. "Listen miss Pinkie Pie I am flattered that you would do this for me but right now I am extreamely tired so if it isn't to much trouble could we delay the party to another time."

She began to frown when I mentioned how tired I was but perked right back up when I mentioned a later date. "Okie dokie lokie" She stated as she rounded everypony up and lead them outside.

"Finally a moment to rest" I thought as I plopped down on the couch and to my surprise I saw a yellow mare sleeping on the floor not far from the door. I smiled and proceeded to carry the mare to her room, tuck her in and kiss her goodnight as you would a child.

She smiled and looked comfy. As I left the room though I heard slight whimpering behind me. I looked to see her frowning and on the verge of tears. I then proceeded to lay next to her and stroke her mane. She settled down as I slowly fell asleep beside her.

Author's Note:

There's Pinkie Pie's party for you always at the most inopportune times. Next Chapter will be a bit different from the others. How so? Read to find out.
Sincerely-GG Joe