• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,287 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,287

PreviousChapters Next
Low Profile

"Twilight, you around?" Church asked as he opened the door.

"No, she went over to Rainbow Dash's place to talk to her." Spike replied as he sorted through the shelves.

"She left you alone?"

"Well, not completely." Spike said in a strained voice, motioning his head back to the table where the Necronomicon was set upright.

"Hello ghostie." The Necronomicon greeted happily.

"Hey asshole." Church nodded.

"Hey now, how was I supposed to know that those other guys would get revived?"

"I don't know, but there's really nobody else to blame."

"Classy." The Necronomicon huffed.

Tex slowly entered the library and looked around at the shelves that were lined with books. She then looked at the table and saw the Necronomicon, but thought that it was simply just another book. She began to walk towards the kitchen, passing the table and the Necronomicon.

"Hey babe, how's it going?" The Necronomicon asked.

"I can already tell by the sound of your voice that I'm going to hate you." Tex said without turning to look at him.

"Ouch." The Necronomicon muttered. "Is it that time of the month for her?"

"It's always that time of the month for her." Church said quickly. He quickly ducked, allowing a book that Tex had thrown to soar over his head. "But you get used to it."

"I highly doubt that..." The Necronomicon sighed. "Though I suppose as long as she doesn't throw me I should get along fine."

"I wouldn't hold your breath."

"I couldn't even if I wanted to."

"Good point." Church said, watching Tex as she looked into the kitchen.

Tex noted the brightly colored, wooden pantries and let out a rough sigh.

"What's wrong with her?" Spike asked, before instinctively ducking, thinking that Tex was going to throw a book at him as well.

"She's not a fan of the bright colors." Church said quietly.

"Oh." Spike grunted. "Well I don't think she's going to like the rest of this place very much."

"Probably not." Church agreed.

"I'm going for a walk." Tex grunted, walking past Church and out the door.

Spike and the Necronomicon looked at each other, before turning back to Church.

"You're going to let her out?" Spike asked.

"You think I should have stood in her way?" Church asked with a forced laugh. Spike looked away and shook his head. "Didn't think so."

"Are you going to go with her?"

"Nah, I'll let her get her own bearings. Plus it's not like she's one to accept help."

"Think she'll hurt anyone?"

"Probably not. from what I've seen there aren't too many ponies in this place that would openly belittle her."

"That's true. There aren't really any mean ponies that I've seen. They'll probably greet her warmly." Spike said. He went back up to the shelves and started to sort through the books again.

"Why are you re-shelving anyway? I thought everything was already in order."

"Yeah the book titles were, but now we're sorting the book by author, and then once it's sorted like that we alphabetize the books based on that author."

"That... seems unnecessary." Church said, walking up to the shelf.

"Yeah, Twilight just likes the order up a little." Spike said, before looking over to Church. "So will you help?"

"Sure, I guess." Church said quietly.

"Don't forget to leave room for me." The Necronomicon chuckled.

"I would have thought you wouldn't want to be on a bookshelf."

"Yeah, well, maybe I'm just trying to get in good with one of the Daring Do books..."

"You're joking, right?"

"Hey, don't judge me, and I won't judge you ghostie."

"You're not joking..." Church sighed, rubbing his face with one of his hooves.

"What can I say? She is a fine looking book. And she turns me from a dusty, leather cover to a hardcover, if you catch my meaning."

"Dear fucking lord. Now you're a mix of Andy and Tucker..."

"Oh yeah? Well... go back to shelving." The Necronomicon said quietly.

The three fell into a silence as Spike and Church worked on sorting through the books. An hour later and took a break and sat down at the table.

"How much do you think we've done?" Church asked.

"Probably about half. Maybe a third." Spike said quietly. "She has a lot of books."

"Oh really?" Church asked sarcastically. "So do you know why Twilight went to Rainbow Dash's place?"

"I think it had something to do with Rainbow Dash and Tucker not grabbing their schedules for work."

"Do you think they'll get fired?"

"Probably not. I think they just sent in some replacements to clear Ponyville's skies."

"Well that's good, I guess." Church muttered. "I wonder who they sent?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"God this place is fucking girly." Tex muttered as she passed an aquamarine pony talking to a yellow pony with a purple and pink mane.

"Hello." One of the ponies said pleasantly, turning her attention to Tex.

"Hi." Tex said hesitantly.

"What's your name?" The other pony said warmly, sensing that she was uncomfortable.

"Tex."

"Well it is nice to meet you Tex." The aquamarine pony said, sticking out her hoof. "My name is Lyra."

"And I am Bon-Bon." The other pony said sweetly as Tex shook Lyra's hoof reluctantly. "Are you from around here?"

"Not really, why?"

"Well..." Bon-Bon coughed. "It appears that you are lacking a cutie mark, and we were wondering why."

"Oh, right." Tex said, looking at her flank, then looking at theirs. "I guess that does sort of make me stick out, huh."

"A bit." Lyra said admittedly. "But don't worry, I don't think anypony will really care. So if you're not from around here, where are you from?"

"Not really anywhere in particular." Tex shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

"I kind of came from that forest." Tex said, nodding behind them.

"The Everfree Forest?" Bon-Bon asked quietly. "Is there a village in there or something?"

"Uh..." Tex trailed off, remembering what Church had said about trying to keep a low profile. Then she remembered that she didn't really care. "Not that I know of. I came from the castle deep inside the forest."

"Oh that's... nice?"

"We'll, uh... talk to you later Tex." Lyra said fearfully, slowly backing away from Tex.

Lyra and Bon-Bon then turned around and began to quickly trot away. Tex gathered that they were running away from her. She looked at the ground for a few seconds, and then looked back towards them with a smirk, happy that she had not lost her touch. After a few seconds she decided to go further into the town and meet new ponies.

"Wow, never thought I'd have seen a blank flank this old." Someone said from above.

Tex looked up to see a large pegasus staring at her with a large grin on his face.

"What are you looking at?" Tex hissed.

"You. You got a problem with that?" The pegasus asked, flying higher. "Hey Dumb-Bell, Hoops, come check this chick out!"

"What is it?" Another pegasus said, shooting towards the one that was flying above her.

"Hey Hoops, look at that grounder." The pegasus said, pointing towards Tex.

"What about her?" Hoops asked curiously.

"She's still a blank flank!"

"Well would you look at that." Hoops snickered as the third pegasus, Dumb-Bell, arrived.

"Why don't you come down here and talk to my face. Sitting up there out of my reach makes you look cowardly.

"You heard the lady." Dumb-Bell chuckled.

Tex watched quietly as the three pegasi landed nearby and began to walk towards her, sizing themselves up.

"Look at her, she's getting scared." Hoops whooped.

"Why don't you have your cutie mark?" Score asked seriously.

"I don't know." Tex said honestly.

"I never heard of an old grounder with a blank flank."

"She must not have any special skills." Hoops laughed cruelly.

Tex's eye twitched and she began to slowly walk towards them.

"Ooh, we got a feisty one." Hoops said, faking fear.

"Allow me to introduce myself." Tex said, limbering up her back and cracking her neck. "My name is Tex."

PreviousChapters Next