• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,287 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,287

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15 - "Dogs Life"

"Thank you for the help Grif." Fluttershy said as she finished preparing a sandwich.

"Don't worry about it." Grif said, stomach growling.

Fluttershy giggled slightly and gave the sandwich to Grif, who then took a small bite out of it. "Oh my god, this is awesome." Grif said, grateful for the food. "What's in it?"

"Well, there is bread, jam, a little bit of honey, and some hay and oats."

Grif slowly looked down at the sandwich, feeling slightly weird. "Oh well, at least it tastes good." Grif said, taking another bite.

"I need to go feed the chickens and other outdoor creatures. Are you going to be alright here?"

Grif looked at her out of the corner of his eye. Fluttershy then smiled slightly and walked out the back door.

"Now she's getting it." Grif laughed, ready to take another bite out of his sandwich.

Then he heard a whining noise. He looked and saw a medium sized dog looking up at him, wagging its tail.

"What the hell do you want?" Grif asked the dog while he was chewing.

The dog just sat down and lifted its front paws, still wagging its tail.

"Go away you mutt. This is my sandwich." Grif muttered, making hoof motions trying to scare it away.

The dog paid no attention to the motions and started whining. Grif sighed and ripped off a piece of his sandwich and gave it to him. He then looked back at the sandwich, then back at the dog.

"How did you get me to do that?" Grif asked the dog.

"Woof!" The dog replied.

Fluttershy then walked back into the room and the dog turned its head to the side and stared at Grif. Grif shook his head and picked the sandwich back up. The dog then propped it's head on Grif’s legs. And he groaned.

"Oh I'm sorry. Is she bothering you?" Fluttershy asked. "She was supposed to be outside for feeding, but I guess she snuck inside. I'll put her back out and feed her."

"Don't worry about it." Grif said looking at the dog, tossing another piece of his sandwich to the dog. "I like dogs. This one seems pretty cool."

"Oh, well I'm glad you like it." Fluttershy said smiling.

"Does it belong to somebo- I mean somepony?" Grif asked.

Fluttershy made a small frown and shook her head.

"No." Fluttershy said sadly. "One day I was walking back from the market and I saw a skinny little puppy, all alone curled up in a ball with no collar on. I asked everypony in Ponyville, but nopony knows who owns this dog."

"I wonder why he was all alone?" Grif asked, eating the rest of the sandwich. "It seems like a nice dog to me."

"She wasn't a good dog when I found her. When I approached her, she started to growl at me." Fluttershy said. "When I finally got her to like me, I looked around and asked if anybody wanted to adopt her, but when they came to see her, she started acting very violently. I think you are the first one to meet her that she has not tried to bite by now."

"Are you telling me this dog hasn’t trusted anyone besides me?" Grif looked at the dog. The dog looked down at the ground, seemingly to avoid eye contact. "I like it. He reminds me of me, if what you told me was true."

"Oh that's... nice." Fluttershy said, and then coughed. "I was wondering if you would mind accompanying me to the market. I mean... if that’s alright with you..."

"Well, I WAS gunna go back to sleep." Grif said. "But I guess I owe you one. Sarge would have never let me sleep for that long, so yeah I'll come. You want to come to boy?"

The dog barked at him, seemingly annoyed. "She is actually a female dog." Fluttershy stated.

"Oh, well... what's her name then?"

"She didn't have her collar on her when I found her." Fluttershy explained. "And since I wasn’t planning on keeping her, I decided it would be best if I left it to the owner to decide once she found one."

"Oh. Well then I'll name her." Grif laughed, now looking at the dog. "I think I'm going to call you... Haley." As he finished speaking, she stood up and started wagging her tail.

"You're willing to adopt her?" Fluttershy squeed, then hugged Grif. "That's so wonderful. I'm ever so grateful. I was worried she wouldn't get a home because of her attitude."

"Don't mention it. Want to come to the market Haley?"

Haley barked and started to follow Grif. Fluttershy smiled and then walked out the door, followed by Grif who in turn was followed by Haley. On the short walk to the market, Grif enjoyed the energy that Haley bounded around him with. In a few minutes, they reached their destination.

"So what are you here for?" Grif asked.

"I need to pick up next week’s feed." Fluttershy said.

"Okay, who do we need to talk to to get it?"

"We need to go to one of the booths. It's just over there." Fluttershy said, walking towards a booth with a picture of a cat on it.

"Good afternoon Fluttershy. Back already?" The pony in the stand asked.

"Yes miss Pheed." Fluttershy said, nodding.

"Alright." Miss Pheed said, reaching under her stand and pulling up a big bag of animal feed. "That will be fourteen bits."

"Fourteen? But it was ten last week..." Fluttershy said.

"Sorry, but now it's fourteen." Miss Pheed said, maintaining a pleasant smile.

"Oh, alright I guess I can aff-"

"Hang on." Grif interrupted, stepping in front of Fluttershy. "What's with the huge price jump?"

"And who might you be?" Miss Pheed said, raising her nose.

"A friend. Now why don't you answer my question."

"I don't have to explain anything to you." Miss Pheed said with a sneer.

"Grif, it's okay I have the-" Fluttershy started again.

"Hang on Fluttershy." Grif asserted. "Now how about we bring it back down to ten before I make you bring it down."

"What are you going to do." Miss Pheed said, letting out a laugh.

Haley then started snarling and barking. Miss Pheed recognized the dog instantly, as she was the first pony to be asked by Fluttershy to look after it.

"Fine." She said in a trembling voice. "Ten bits it is."

"Glad to see we could come to an agreement." Grif said, smirking at her.

PreviousChapters Next