• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,287 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,287

PreviousChapters Next
Plus One

"Did you hear about Sigma?" Simmons asked Church as they neared the library.

"What about him?" Church asked quickly, already thinking about the worst things that he could have done.

"Apparently him and Theta were getting picked on by some girls at the school, then Sigma stuck up for them."

"Thank god." Church said, relieved that he didn't get in trouble. "I thought he might have done something terrible. If all he did was that, then there might be some hope for him yet."

"Do you really think that?"

"Of course not, it's just nice to think optimistically every now and again, even if it is for just a few seconds." Church chuckled dryly.

"Yeah..." Simmons said quietly. "Do you think they'll ever fit in."

"Maybe for a few months, but I know something will happen to ruin it all. We can't hide this from Celestia for forever, but when she finds out I have to hope that they haven't done anything too stupid by then."

"Worried about what they might do to Ponyville?" Simmons inquired politely, looking around at the undamaged, peaceful town that surrounded them.

"No, I just don't want any of the girls to get in trouble because of me." Church sighed.

"Do you think Celestia would really punish the girls for something the other fragments did? I mean, I know you don't like her so you probably think she'll do the worst, but do you really think she'd hold the girls accountable?"

"You know what I said about being optimistic for a few seconds? I can't be optimistic for longer than that otherwise I'd get my hopes up too much."

"True, but aren't you supposed to hope for the best while you prepare for the worst?"

"Yeah, but I'm not good at the first part."

"Do you think you should work on that?"

"No." Church stated simply,before speeding up. "Come on, we're almost there."

"Right." Simmons said as he matched Church's speed.

Church and Simmons stopped in front of the library, where Church promptly opened the door and walked inside unannounced. Simmons paused by the door, closed it, then politely knocked on the door three times.

"For fuc- just come in." Church growled.

"Sorry." Simmons said, jumping into the library. He saw Twilight rubbing the area next to her right eye. "Twilight."

"Hello." Twilight smiled forcibly. "I hope you didn't have any plans tonight."

"Things have been pretty slow lately. Only thing we've had to do in the past while was a few dresses and that big order."

"She still hasn't started that?"

"No, but she says it can't be that much longer." Simmons said, then lowered his head. "Though she has said that a few times."

"Hopefully this time she means it. Usually she's on top of every order she gets."

"That's why I'm worried that-"

"Ladies, can we stop talking about clothing and start worrying about, oh, I don't know, the thing that could ruin Twilight's life?" Church asked snappishly, walking into the library to grab the Necronomicon.

"Right." Twilight nodded. "I put a bag for you to wear next to him."

"This is great!" The Necronomicon said skittishly. "So what's the plan?"

"We have to sneak you in." Church said as he strapped on the bag and flipped it open. "Even if somebody doesn't know exactly what you are, going around with a book that looks like you and talks would be like walking around with a giant neon sign."

"Oh, what fun!" The Necronomicon chuckled as Twilight put him in the bag.

"That means you have to be quiet."

"That's not so fun..." The Necronomicon muttered when Twilight closed the bag.

"Now, the train leaves soon and we can't miss it otherwise we'll have to wait until tomorrow to go up there." Church said, turning his attention towards his two allies. "That means whatever you have to do, be it going to the bathroom or checking to make sure you turned the stove off, it'll have to wait. I don't want Twilight to have to go through the same thing I did when it comes to the sanity department."

"Yeah, having two of you wouldn't be the best thing." Simmons muttered quietly.

"What?"

"Nothing." Simmons said quickly, standing straight.

"That's what I thought. Let's move." Church grunted, walking out the front door.

Simmons and Twilight nodded at each other and trotted after him. Twilight walked next to Church while Simmons hung back a few paces, thinking to himself. They quickly arrived at the train station, where the train to Canterlot had just arrived. Church quickened his pace, intent on being on that train early if not sooner.

"Wait for me!" Someone called out from Church's left.

The trio looked over to see a familiar white unicorn with a purple mane trot up to them, small bag on her back with a visible sketchpad sticking out.

"Rarity, what are you doing here?" Twilight asked.

"You see, I was wondering where could I find inspiration for pre-Celestial reign based clothing, then Sweetie Belle told me where you were going and it became obvious. The Canterlot Gardens! There are dozens of statues there of famous ponies from various points in history." Rarity explained. "Just being able to walk around the statues, absorbing the details from every angle will be simply divine for my inspiration."

"Didn't the book I give you have pictures in it?"

"Well, yes, but there is nothing quite like the real thing." Rarity smiled, then tilted her head towards the train. "Shall we get our tickets?"

"Rarity, we aren't going there for a pleasant walk." Church sighed, not wanting to be late for the train.

"I know, Sweetie said it was for magic purposes. Though I don't know how studying a statue is magical, I know Twilight knows what she's doing." Rarity shrugged, then looked at Twilight. "Isn't that right, darling?"

"Magic is only part of the reason." Twilight said, horn giving off a small glow as she removed the illusion spell from her eyes.

"Twilight, why didn't you tell me you got contacts?" Rarity asked with a giggle. "Though I'm not sure why you got them with differing colors."

"These aren't contacts. These are-" Twilight mumbled quickly, then let out a pained moan. "Two more fragments came back, but they had to go back into Church's brain. This gave him migraines, so I tried taking the pain away, ended up inside his head, then the fragments in turn went into my mind. Now we have to find them new bodies or I'll go insane. And that is as literal as it can get."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Rarity asked worriedly. "You three get on the train this instant, the tickets are my treat."

"Are you sure?" Twilight asked, horn glowing to take some bits out of Church's bag. "I brought-"

"Twilight, I insist. Get on the train, first cabin behind the pilot cart. I'll be there in a few moments."

"Thanks." Church said with genuine warmth, already walking towards the train with the others. "Glad to see she isn't wasting any time."

"Why can't she be that way with the order?" Simmons asked analytically.

"You can think about that when the trains moving." Church said as he started to board the train, then fell to the floor as he bumped into a stallion. "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Don't worry about it." The ticket collector from a few weeks ago muttered. "You!"

"Oh, hey." Church coughed as he got off the ground. "Did you guys fix those seats?"

"Yes, we did." The ticket collector said slowly.

"Don't worry, the one that tore the chairs isn't here." Church said, sensing his unease.

"It's the one that tore into me that I'm worried about."

"She's not here either." Church chuckled knowingly.

"Thank Celestia for small mercies." The collector sighed happily. "Do you have your tickets?"

"Not yet, our friend is grabbing them." Twilight said.

"Alright, just get on." The collector said as he moved out of the way of the door. "And this time I hope that the train, as well as myself, remain intact."

"I can't make that promise." Church said as he walked into the train with the others.

PreviousChapters Next