• Published 9th Jan 2014
  • 808 Views, 43 Comments

Not Everyone Gets a Happily Ever After in Equestria - Nyx_Enchanted_Zandra



What if Twilight had a sister, but didn't remember? What if Rainbow dash had a sister, but she was stolen at a young age? This story is the intertwining of those two young filly's lives. (But mainly twilight's pegasus sister who hated

  • ...
17
 43
 808

Wandering (4)

The Everfree Forest streamed nighttime chitchat towards Nyx's ears. Her legs shifted, then buckled from underneath her as she tried to rise. What did I just do? Her consciousness, gone topsy-turvy, scrambled for an answer. How could I do that? I left my mother, my father, my brother, and my sister behind..... How could I be so hateful? So arrogant? Why did I do that..... For a while, all that clearing in the forest heard was weeping, and all it felt from Nyx was heartbreak.
"What do you mean, they left you behind?" The tart response alerted her, instantly she scrambled up, frantically looking around for her attacker.
"Who.. Who's there?" Still, her observer was nowhere to be seen.
"Don't even try to look for me, I'm not a physical being." Now even more frightened, she gave up.
"Go ahead, finish me off. I deserve it," Nyx said.
"You deserve it? Deserve what? I'm not going to hurt you. As if." The voice finished with a snort.
"You-you're not?" She replied with a stutter.
"For pony's sake, NO!" Nyx relaxed with this bit of information. Recalling what the voice had said, a question began to form in her mind.
"If you're not a physical being, then what are you?"
"I'm your sub-conscious or inner soul. Whatever you want to call me. Just don't call me a Sparkle. If you're curious to what I mean by that, well, I'm you. You don't consider yourself part of that family anymore. Do you?"
"N-no. No. No I don't. I am a rebel!" Nyx said with the joy of retaliation.
"Good. Now let's start working on your situation."

Her satisfaction immediately ended with the retort. She was going to have to find a place to food, water, and a place to stay. Not to mention that it had to be safe from timber wolves, cockatrices, dragons, and any other critter that could harm her.
"This is going to be harder than I thought."

Nyx's curiosity as she explored clawed at her senses like an eagle's talons, drawing her ever deeper into the forest. She stumbled, and fell into some thorns. "Ouch," she said, as few scratches showed on her coat. Nyx trudged on, persistent in her goal of getting as far away from Canterlot as possible.

A night passed in the Everfree, and Nyx was more lost than a blind mare without a map. Eventually she found a place to rest, a tangle of brambles with a hollow inside that was perfect for a camp. She settled down and gathered some moss for comfort before she finally became cozy.

Although Nyx was tired, she still felt restless. Thoughts drifted through her mind, zig-zagging every which way.
Why didn't they want me... I'm just as good as Twilight is! So what if I'm a pegasus? That should make them want me even more! It makes me special! More special than a boring old unicorn...

"Still thinking about them, I see. Why not just forget them? They hurt you. They hate you. They don't care about you anymore. They're disgusting. They threw out the only one with ACTUAL potential. Forget about them. They're not your family. They never were. Not. Ever."

"STOP IT!" Nyx yelled in defiance. "You're not right! They ARE my family! They CARED about me. They cared FOR me. Even if you ARE me, I'm not going to listen to SOME STUPID VOICE IN MY HEAD!"
Nyx's cry rang out through the trees as she turned around and galloped the opposite way, took flight, and flapped her heart out to reach her home.