• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 801 Views, 3 Comments

The Princess Escapes - adorablesmiles



Twilight Sparkle comes to the human world to get some peace and quiet from the hectic life of being a Princess. But when she goes missing, can the others find her, or is she lost forever?

  • ...
4
 3
 801

Chapter 13

It felt like it had been forever since my possible friends left, even though it just happened yesterday.
But ironically, they didn't come back yesterday, and they hadn't arrived yet today.
I was hoping they would get here eventually though, because the doctor said that I would be able to go home. I didn't necessarily know if my home was here or in Equestria, but it was still good news.
And then one of the nurses came through the door, and another girl followed.
"Twilight," The nurse said in a calming voice. "Can you remember who this is?"
"Yes... but I can't remember her name. What is it?" I asked.
"Applejack. My name is Applejack." The girl said.
"I'm still bad with names." I said.
"It's okay, Twilight. I can and will help ya get better. And the others will too. They already promised before I left the school." Applejack said.
"Wait... are you here alone? Where's fire hair girl?" I asked.
"Do ya mean Sunset?"
I sighed. "Yes."
"Well... she was really upset last night. I haven't seen her that sad since... well that's another story that we don't have time to get into right now. But Sunset stayed behind because she didn't want to get into talkin' about herself. She ain't in no shape to do it either." Applejack said.
"...You mean I did that to her? I didn't mean to." I said.
"It's not your fault, Twilight. Now let's get you ready to leave."
------------------
"I feel like I should have gone with her... I know Twilight probably would have asked me questions about myself, but she deserves to know about where she came from." I said.
"I understand, darling." Rarity said. "But your emotions are working in full force right now. This always happens when you have to talk about what happened."
"But that was a long time ago. Everyone has forgiven me, I earned their trust. It should be over and done. And yet, I'm still sad about it." I said.
Rarity then came closer. "And you deserve to feel however you want to about the matter."
"I don't think that way. I don't deserve that, I don't deserve to have such good friends with me, after being a humongous jerk to you." I said.
"Darling, I want you to take this piece of advice, and think on it for a while. The past doesn't matter as much as what's happening right now." Rarity said.
"You're right. And I'm really sorry for being a sad sack." I said.
"It's fine. Now we better decide what we're going to do when Twilight gets here."
-------------------------
"Are we there yet, Applejack?" I asked.
"Well, not yet. The school is in a highly populated part of Canterlot, so it might take a while to get there. Just more proof that traffic is shitty." Applejack said. "Excuse my language, traffic makes me angry."
"It's fine." I said.
And then, the space to the left of the car cleared out.
"What does that mean?" I asked.
"We get to go really soon." Applejack said.
And sure enough, the cars in front of us started to move forward.
"That's it!" Applejack said.
As we neared the part of the street when the other cars turned off, though, a car that was going the other way flew past. It almost hit the car we were in, too.
"Twilight, cover your ears." Applejack said.
I did so. I had a feeling things were going to get ugly.
"HEY! FUCK YOU YA STUPID ASS!"
"Sorry! I thought I had the right of way!" The guy who was apparently in the car said.
"Who do you think you are, buddy?! My friend Twilight here has amnesia, and I'm tryin' to get her to her friends so they can help, then you go flyin' down a busy intersection! That was really stupid of you!" Applejack scolded.
"I know... I apologize sincerely." He said.
"Pfft. I heard that excuse a million times before." Applejack said.
"Is there anything I can do?" The guy asked.
"Well, look at that. Ya dinged my bumper." Applejack said.
"I can pay to have it repaired."
"Well, alright. I'll call a shop." Applejack said.
And then Applejack got back in the car and grabbed her phone, which had fallen on the floorboards.
And all the while she was muttering curse words.
---------------------
"Where are they?!" Rainbow Dash asked.
"I've told you a million times already, and I'm going to tell you once more. I don't know where they are or when they'll be here." I said.
"Well that doesn't help me any!" Rainbow shouted.
"Can you please... just calm down for five minutes? That's all I ask, and it's not very much." I said.
"Fine." Rainbow said.
Then it finally happened.
Buzz!
"Ooh! Applejack texted you Rarity!" Pinkie said.
"I know that." I said.
"What does it say?" Sunset asked.
"I want to apologize, Rarity. I was on my way to the school, and I was goin' to turn on the road that leads to the school, and then some ....ing idiot ran right past my car and dinged up the bumper. I promise I'll be there as soon as possible, I already have a ride.
See ya when I get there,
Applejack."
No one spoke after that. I suppose they were all shocked over that news.
"So... she doesn't know when she'll be here?" Pinkie Pie asked.
"That's what she said."
"It's not like she said she can't come back." I said.
"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!"
And that made all of us jump.
"Look!" Pinkie said, as she pointed to the street.
She had pointed in the direction of one of those fancy sports cars I see driving past my house all the time.
What is someone who drives that kind of car doing in this part of Canterlot?
And then it slowly turned into the parking lot we were standing in.
I looked through the window, and there was a blonde girl sitting in the passenger seat.
I only know one blonde haired girl. And that's...
"Alright. Thanks for giving us a ride, ya know, after I cursed at ya and told ya to fuck and called ya an ass." Applejack said.
"It's fine... I deserved it." The guy said.
"Yeah well... I might've been outta line." Applejack said.
"What happened to you two?" I asked.
"Oh... hey y'all." Applejack said. "Didn't you get my message?"
The others were slack jawed at this point, even Sunset.
"Well, yes. But I don't think any of us expected you to be back this soon." I said.
"Yeah, I sent the text as we were near the school, and that's only because it took so long just to write it." Applejack said, as she shrugged.
"Where's Twilight?" Sunset managed to say.
"Oh... uh. Hang on. I forgot to help her with the seat belt." Applejack said, as she went around to the right side of the car.
"Applejack? I can't get this undone." I heard Twilight say.
"I know. Just hold still. I'll do it for you." Applejack said.
"Okay." Twilight said.
"And there we go!" Applejack said, after what felt like forever.
"Thanks. I was worried I was going to be trapped in that seat." Twilight said.
"Are you safety out of the vehicle?" The guy asked.
"I think so. Are you gonna pull out slowly?" Applejack asked.
"Oh, yeah." He said.
And then he slowly drove away, the car getting smaller and smaller the further he went, until he turned the corner that is.
"Well you definitely had an adventure." I said.
"It wasn't a good thing though." Applejack insisted. "I would've had to pay fifty dollars to get my bumper replaced, but that guy did it for me. It's a good thing too. I only have 26 dollars and 17 cents on me right now."
"Well you're both safe and sound now." I said. "Where's your car, by the way?"
"It's gettin' repaired as we speak." Applejack said.
I noticed that Twilight was staying near Applejack, and they're arms were interlocked. They looked inseparable.
"Was the car ride to school alright, Twilight?" I asked.
"I guess." Twilight said. "Applejack, will you stay with me while I'm in class?"
"Sure. Why not?" Applejack asked.
"Yay! That's great news!" Twilight said.
Is it just me or are Twilight and Applejack getting really close?