• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 339 Views, 62 Comments

Through the Darkness of Space - Lt Rainbow Slash



The journal of an explorer among the stars. Inspired by Elite: Dangerous

  • ...
0
 62
 339

Day 19: Space and Time

1 December, 3603
Day 19
4,673LY from Cel

Welcome to December, Hearth's Warming is right around the corner, and I'm in the middle of nowhere. But hey, I'm still alive, my ship is nearly running at peak performance (if you ignore the dents in the hull...) and I'm living my dream of exploring the galaxy.

I'm actually pretty happy. I mean I'm avoiding planets, rings, suns and asteroid belts like the plague, but can you blame me?

Also speaking of Hearth's Warming, mom gave me a wrapped package before I left. Told me it was my Hearth's Warming gift and I wasn't allowed to open it till then. Me being me I tried to open it just after I left. Of course Mom knows me, so under the wrapping paper I found a locked case. She really doesn't want me to open this present early it seems.

Typical Mom.

As far as today's events go I think I'm traveling through an old patch of stars. Lots of brown dwarfs and other dead stars. Had to manually navigate to fuel stars several times to make sure I didn't run out. I still wish the Navicomp would do that automatically.

The last system, where I am right now for the night, was a jackpot. Three terriformable worlds. I've set down on one for now (being extra careful of course). Hopefully tomorrow will be another good day.

Until next time,
-Con

Today's Discoveries:

Preia Dryiae QK-C d14-54:
High Metal tf

Chraufao EN-W c1-0:
3 High Metal tf

Author's Note:

So real life will be getting involved again. Updates for the next week or so will be a bit intermittent. I'll do my best to keep up but no promises.