• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 784 Views, 32 Comments

Ray's New Life in Ponyville - TheVideoGamingGuru



A smart-ass Human wakes up to find he is not in the world he know's of

  • ...
9
 32
 784

Chapter 2: Realization

"You should consider yourself a lucky Human..."

"What?" Ray said as he woke up in a dark room. "Oh, thank goodness your awake" said a timid, soft, relaxing voice. "Ohh, man, I think I had the strangest dream, where I got teleported to a world with creatures that looked completely different from what im used too..." said Ray, starting to close his eyes again, still tired.


"Oh, it sounded scary, but your ok now that your back in Equestria" said the voice again, still quite. "Yeah.." Ray said as he closed his eyes again, but then reality hit him. "Wait....EQUESTRIA?!" yelled Ray as he stood up in the bed, shocked from what he just heard. "Oh, you really shouldn't move around too much after you hit your head" said the voice again, this time more concerned. Ray could make out a figure in the dark, of what he assumed to be the voice that was talking to him.


The figure lurched forward near ray, placing its hand on Ray's forehead. "You are still a little warm, you should stay in bed till your better" said the voice, as it removed its hand from Ray's head. "You stay here while I go get a lantern" said the voice as it walked to a door, opened it, and left.


Ray didn't stay in the bed, he got up, and placed two of his feet on the floor and got up, tripping when he attempted to take a step, landing face first on a hard, wooden floor. "Ow" was all Ray said as he put his hoof over his face, clutching his nose. "Wait....THIS ISN'T MY HAND!" Ray thought as he got a barley good look at what used to be his hand, now replaced by a animal looking hoof. Ray looked around at his feet, also being replaced by hoofs.


Ray attempted to stand up, using the bed for balance, just as the door opened, a light shining into the room. "Ohh, dear! What are you doing out of bed?, and your nose is bleeding!" said the now clearly visible yellow colored, pink mane, Fluttershy. She rushed to him, clutching the lantern in her teeth. She grabbed his arms, and helped place him back into the bed.


She placed the lantern on the table that was to the left of the bed, illuminating the room. After helping him get back into bed, Fluttershy walked to a chest, opening it, rushing through its content, and taking out a small, red bag. She walked back to Ray, holding the bag in her teeth.


She placed the bag on the end of the bed. "Oh, why are you bleeding?" said Fluttershy, as she rummaged through the bag, looking for something. Ray didn't say anything, and still had his hoof over his nose, preventing any blood from leaving.


As he did, Fluttershy took out a a tissue, and broke it into two small pieces. "Here" Fluttershy said, as she handed him the two pieces of small balls of tissue. ray took them from her hoof, and placed them in his nose, they quickly became filled with blood. Fluttershy notices this and quickly grabbed the tissue and ripped it into two bigger pieces, and handed them to Ray. Ray quickly, took the two bloodied pieces out of his nose,and stuck the two larger pieces into his nose.


Ray looked to Fluttershy, she looked worried. "T-Thank you" said Ray, stuttering mildly. "Oh, no its really ok" Fluttershy said, as she picked the bag back up in her teeth. She walked over to the chest from before and placed it back in. Ray couldn't believe what was happening. He was in Fluttershy's house, with Fluttershy, being treated by her for his wound. His mind raced with possible explanations as to why he was here, most of them being hallucinations from the alcohol.


Ray started to speak. "E-Excuse me, Miss....but where did you say I was?". Fluttershy turned around after hearing him. " You are in Equestria" Fluttershy said, as she walked back to him. "Ohh...." Ray said as he felt his nose. there was a brief silence between the two, as Ray felt the back of his head. "Ow" Ray muttered as he felt the back of his head. "Oh, are you ok? said Fluttershy as she flew towards him, her wings flicking back and forth.


"Yeah, im fine, just a little pain" Ray said as Fluttershy moved closer to him. " You are probably still hurt from the fall you took" Fluttershy said as she moved behind Ray, looking for anything that looked like it was in pain. " Ohh, the back of your head is red, let me go get you something for that" Fluttershy said, as she flew from the bed, and out into another room.

Ray quickly looked around, wanting to find a mirror, to see what he looked like, wondering if he was what he think he was. He found a wall mirror on the other side of the bed, hanging on the wall. Ray scooted towards the mirror, still on the bed. He knew he wouldn't get far if he didn't figure out how to walk like a pony. So he placed his hind legs on the floor, his front legs quickly following. It took some time, but Ray got used to the way he would be walking, placing one of his front hoofs in front of him, then a hind hoof, and so on, and so on. He soon found himself standing front of the mirror, looking at his now Pony body.


He was about the same size as Fluttershy, only a tiny bit bigger. His coat was a dark Green, almost emerald or forest green. His eyes we green, but much brighter then his coat, a Spring Green almost. His mane was short, messy, white with dark green at the end of his hair. He brought his hoof to his face, touching it, it felt like a horses coat.


Now knowing that he is a Pony, he quickly turned around, wanting to know what his Cutie Mark looked like, and to his surprise, he didn't have one. "that's...weird, why don't I have a cutie mar?" Ray though to himself. He has never seen or heard a fully grown Pony that did not have a Cutie Mark, aside from the Cutie Mark Crusaders. As he looked at his flank, wondering why he didn't have a mark, he noticed Fluttershy standing in the doorway, holding a basket in her hand, the basket holding some bandages.


" Why are you out of bed again? You need to rest till your feeling better" Fluttershy said, in a more stern voice then before, but still quite. " Sorry, I was just wanting to know what I looked like" Ray said, now walking towards the bed. Fluttershy was a bit confused as to why the pony in front of her wanted to know what he looked like. Ray climbed into the bed, laying down on the blankets. Fluttershy flew towards him, slowly, still hold the basket. She then picked up the bandages, and began to slowly wrap them around Ray's mane and head. Ray didn't object to the treatment, although he did feel a bit nervous.



As Fluttershy was wrapping the bandages around Ray's head, he began to speak. "Um, do you know what happened to my stuff?" I had two bags with me". Fluttershy has just finished the bandaging as she talked. "Oh, yes, they are in the living room, they were very heavy". "Oh, sorry about that" Ray said as as blood slowly formed around his cheeks causing him to blush, Fluttershy didn't notice. "Mind if I look at them? I want to make sure everything I have is there" Ray said, quietly, but load enough for Fluttershy to hear. "No, I don't think your ready to walk around yet-I mean if that's ok with you" said Fluttershy, nervously.


"D'aaaawwww" Just like the show!" Ray thought to himself, hearing Fluttershy's shyness envelope her, he always liked that about the show, the characters were always distinguishing and intriguing having they're own personalities that were believable.


He knew that liking something that others thought was strange would make him equally strange, but he didn't give a damn what others thought of him "S-Sir, are you ok?" Fluttershy said, looking at Ray as he stares into space. "U-Uhh, yeah, sorry I got....distracted" Ray said, quickly answering Fluttershy's question.



"Well, that was stupid of you..."



A voice in Ray's head thought. "What?" Ray asked the voice. "I said that was stupid of you to stare into space when you are talking to someone" Ray didn't speak "Now, I would talk to Fluttershy before she thinks your crazy" "Who are you?" Ray asked. He got no response.

"S-Sir? Fluttershy asked. "Y-Yes?" ray answered back, "Do you think you can rest now? You are still a little sick" Fluttershy said to Ray, concern in her voice. "Y-Yes, I think that's a good idea" Ray answered back, still wondering who the voice was. Ray got under the covers and rested his head against the pillow. "Good night, thank you for your hospitality, Miss" said Ray. " Ohh, its no problem, and my name is Fluttershy" Fluttershy said. "that's...really nice name" ray said to Fluttershy, who was now blushing. "Th-thank you" Fluttershy said to Ray. As Fluttershy left the room, Ray closed his eyes, and fell into a sleep