• Published 10th Dec 2017
  • 790 Views, 20 Comments

Lightning's Bizarre Adventure - Lightningflash101



What doesn't kill you, gives you a Stand. Especially if your in a new transfer student to Canterlot High.

  • ...
7
 20
 790

Chapter 16: The Ripple pt.1

The room only had one window, which had the morning sun pouring through the opened curtains. Everything was set up to be a guest room of sorts. To my left was a semi-large bowl of water with a sponge cloth inside and a chair. Was someone nursing me back to health?

Before I had the chance to stand up, two blue screens appeared in front of me. The first one read, "Good morning Lightning Flash, your hp and energy have been restored to full". The second one read, " 'Sickness of the fallen star' has been removed." As I read them to myself, the screens disappeared and a new one appears in their place. "Remastered Update: 2% complete. Estimated time of completion: unknown. Currently available options: skill tree (limited to physical skills until the update is complete)".

The Remastered update? Does this mean I'm developing Remastered? But how is that possible? I gained MirrorShield by being shot with that stand arrow at canterlot high. Was another one of those arrows the thing that pierced me in my shoulder? And this " sickness of the fallen star". What does that mean?

The sound of the door opening knocked me out of my thoughts. The screen disappeared to show me a woman, probably in her early 20's, walk in the room. She almost looked like Ruby but her skin was more of a rose color. Her hair was well kept also. On the bun of her hair was a heart with a pair of scissors as her mark. She was holding a new bowl of water in one of her hands. She stopped in her tracks when she looked away from the door and focused on me. I couldn't help but feel like I know her somehow.

"You're awake," she said, more shocked than confused, "how are you feeling?"

"O...kay?" I replied, "Who are you? How did I get here?"

"I should be asking you the same thing," she stated, "being that you appeared inside my teacher's home during the middle of the night weeks ago."

"Weeks?!" I exclaimed, standing on my feet, "how many?"

"Three counting today." She responded, "Now tell me, who are you? And how did you get in this place."

I stood there for a moment before sitting back down on the bed. I need to be careful. I'll give her a fake name. Just in case I'm far enough in the past and not even born yet.

"My name..." I hesitated for a moment, thinking of a name to use, "My name is Inigo Montoya. The last thing I can remember was pushing a car out of snow late at night before everything went dark."

"Snow?" She questioned, " It hasn't snowed here in Venice for years. Do you take me for some kind of idiot?"

"I'm serious," I replied, "there was this car stuck in the snow and I pushed it free. A woman was driving it to a hospital for her sick son."

She was silent as she stared me down. But then she let out a sigh and placed the bowl on the desk next to her.

“Alright,” she said, “I’ll believe you until master Lisa Lisa sees you. Now that you’re awake, we should go now.”

“You mean right now?” I asked “But I just woke up. Can I get some breakfast first?"

She didn't respond as she walked out of the room, leaving the door open behind her.

I guess that's a no on something to eat.


Year: 1938

Date: Dec. 29th

Time: 10: 23 AM

Location: Venice, Italy.


"You never told me your name," I stated, walking close behind the woman.

She didn't seem to of heard me as she continued walking down the hall and outside to reveal some sort of intense training yard. To my left was some sort of hole, how deep it was is unknown to me. At the center was this circle. The inside it was filled to the brim with spikes. I can see towers just off of the stone walls surrounding the yard. Just what does this Lisa Lisa teach?

“That headband your wearing,” a second woman’s voice said, “its made with a fine wool from wild sheep in Alaska. They can conduct hamon almost as well as my scarf."

As soon as I turned to face the source of the voice, I got punched in the gut. What was worse was that she used her pinky as she drove her fist into my gut. It reached all the way to my diaphragm.

“But then again,” she said, “that's just a maybe.”

I could feel all the air I had and leave me with the worst pain I've ever felt. It was as if I was suffocating in space. I fell to my knees as I tried to regain the wind I had lost.

“I thought that you were going to tell me when he woke up, Hover.”

“He just did.” the other woman stated, “Forgive me, Lisa Lisa. I thought you where training Ceacer.”

So this is Lisa Lisa? I thought to myself, and did she just call the other girl by my mom’s name? Questions for later

“I sent him off to pick someone up,” Lisa Lisa said, “he won't be back until tomorrow at the earliest. But right now my focus is on this lad here.”

It felt like forever before I was able to catch my breath. Deep breaths. The air was so refreshing that I felt like I was getting a recharge. As I sat there, barely able to breathe, more screens appeared. They read, “ ‘Hamon’ skill tree unclocked”, “ ‘Hamon Breathing’ skill acquired. ‘the power of the sun, channeled by one’s breath’ ”. I could see some form of energy moving around my hands

“Wh-wh-what,” I managed to gasp out, “did y-you do to me...?”

“Seeing if you have some potential,” she replied, offering a hand, “and I must say, your hamon is particularly strong. Even for someone of your age.”

I pushed her hand aside as I helped myself up. I'm still a little hurt from the sucker punch she gave me. So I'm not really feeling all friendly with her yet.

“Whats this ‘hamon’ thing anyway? Why did you have to punch me like that?”

“Its the best way of a beginner to first channel their hamon.” Hover explained, “Its the life energy of everything.”

“And when used right,” Lisa Lisa added, “it can be a deadly weapon for vampires and the undead”

“Vampires?” I questioned, mockingly “Like vampires from horror novels? Do you really expect me to believe that?”

“Don't talk that way to Master Lisa Lisa!” Hover shouted, grabbing my shoulder

“It's alright, hover,” she said, with a smirk, “I got something in mind for him. You can go back to training.”

“B-but Lisa Lisa-”

“You can go back to training. I'm giving him a lesson he won't soon forget”

There was a moment of silence before Hover walked away to some other part of the training yard. When I looked back, there was no sign of her anywhere. When I turned back to face Lisa Lisa, there was suddenly some sort of respirator over my face. But no air was coming in for me to breath.

“Wh-what the?!” I barely said, trying to take the mask off, “Wh-what is this thing?! It's suffocating me!”

“That mask I've just put on you trains those wearing it how to breathe properly to channel hamon,” she explained, “if your breath is too soft, no air is given. If you breathe too hard, no air is given. Only when your breath just right is when you get the air everyone needs. I'll take it off when you master this technique.”


TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

StandName: Remastered (2%)

User: Lightning Flash

Ability: Skilltree (limited to physical skills)

Stats
Destructive Power: none

Speed: ?

Range: ?

Durability: none

Precision: A

Developmental Potential: A+

Info
Description: the beginning stage of Remastered. All that is known is that the user can no longer summon MirrorShield to protect himself from danger. It now acts like a notification system in common MMORPG's as well as a skill tree. it is unknown how many skills the user can unlock.