• Published 10th Dec 2017
  • 791 Views, 20 Comments

Lightning's Bizarre Adventure - Lightningflash101



What doesn't kill you, gives you a Stand. Especially if your in a new transfer student to Canterlot High.

  • ...
7
 20
 791

Chapter seven: Rescue Mission pt. 2

I watched as my future daughter travel back into her time. Her plan was to get future me to help decipher the message on the card. She had taken a picture of the message with her. I just hope that her plan works out and I don't ground her doing something I told her not to.

But for now, I need to find AJ and her friends. I've only got 12 or so hours to decipher this code and rescue my mom.


27 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE


The morning was cold. Winter had struck about a month ago and snow had fallen from the night before. December of 2044 seemed to be going by faster then it usually does. Christmas was going next week on Sunday. But now wasn't the time to worry about buying presents for Ruby and her baby brother, Emerald Thunder (who was only younger than her by two years).

A war over the world as I knew it was going on ever since 1987. Kars was eventually defeated when I went to rescue my mother from his evil clutches. The only one who stood between a peaceful life and a life of terror now was DIO. A truly evil being who cheated death time and time again. The only force who might stand a chance to stop it was the Resistance. An army of Stand users that wanted peace and harmony in the world

Emphasis on the was.

My children, Ruby's friend and I were the only ones to survive an attack from the thing itself. He came without warning and killed... Murdered, everyone that wanted an end to the war. Including my closest friends, my mother, and the love of my life, Sapphire Night. He didn't show any mercy when killing them. Then, he disappeared without a trace. Secret lost her family that day as well.

Even thinking about the gore and mayhem that happened that day sends shivers down my spine.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I wanted to go back asleep, but we had to keep moving. I started by waking Ruby and her brother, then Secret Light. The three of them took some time but they eventually woke up. Thunder was the only one that wanted to sleep as much as I did. I let out a smile as we walked outside the abandoned apartment building.

"Do we have to keep doing this dad?" Ruby complained, "Cant we just stay in a town for more than a night?"

"Yeah," Thunder added, "I wanna relax for at least a day."

"You two know we cant" I responded, "Until DIO is dead, we keep moving."

"How do we even know that he's still in this country?" Secret asked, "He could have moved to a somewhere else at this point."

"Stand users are bound by destiny," I told them, "and destiny is keeping him here. I can feel it."

"Is that why we're going to Wyoming?" Thunder asked

"Yes." I replied, "The Speedwagon Foundation told us this and that's where we're going."

The Speedwagon Foundation had found us days after the attack. They were even willing to help us by providing information and a vehicle in return for DIO's defeat. Their reasoning was because that I reminded the owner of someone by the name of Joseph Jostar. Apparently, he was a close friend the founder.

The Foundation's latest Intel told us that DIO was last seen in the state of Wyoming. With only meant that the weather was only going to get colder. From our location, it was going to be a four-hour drive before we reached the capital of Wyoming, Cheyenne. But knowing our luck, DIO would have sent in more assassins to dispose of us.

"But we've been at this for days!" Rudy stated, "You can't expect us to keep going like this forever!"

"We need a rest dad!" Lightning added

The three didn't seem to take "no" for an answer this time. I let out a sigh.

To be honest, I needed a break myself. With all, that's happened, I could really go for a shot of Jäger and a nap.

"Alright..." I said, "we'll rest for today. Then its back on the road."

All three of them smiled and nodded happily.


BACK TO PRESENT TIME


I'd given AJ a call on my phone, asking her to meet me at Sugarcube Café with her friends. Telling her that it was urgent and needed all of their help. I was already halfway to the Café when I had given her the call. Hopefully, AJ and her friends arrive shortly after I do.

Inside the Café, I was greeted by the owner. She was rather happy that someone had arrived. It must be a slow day for her.

"What'll it be for today?" the owner asked

The menu was fairly big for a Café. Offering multiple types of muffins, shakes, cakes, pies, and so on. It was hard to even choose just one thing.

"Can I..." I started, pausing for a moment, "one chocolate milkshake and... Two blueberry muffins?"

"Alright," she said, putting the order onto the cash register, "that'll be $15.50."

I simply nodded and reached for my wallet.


27 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE


We had decided to stay in the apartment building to relax and ease our nerves. Thunder asked when he'll get his stand again. He was the only one in our group that didn't get one when he was born. It really annoyed him to know that his father and sister had something that he didn't and couldn't see.

"Stands work is mysterious ways Thunder," I told him, "But I know that eventually when the time is right, your stand will develop. And I know it'll be as powerful as mine."

Thunder gave a solemn sigh and laid back on the bed. I've given that answer to him multiple times ever since he learned the existence of stands. But I fear that his willpower isn't strong enough to create a stand of his own. Was I fueling the wrong flame?

Ruby and Secret were chatting with themselves again. Probably discussing how the timestream worked and if it was altered by a time traveler. I decided to not pay attention to it. It wasn't like her stand could travel back in time anyway.


PRESENT TIME


AJ and her friends arrived a half hour after I got my order. I thought now would be a good time to reveal MirrorShield in case one or more of the group had a stand. The ones I thought to seemed to noticed it was the rainbow-haired girl on her left and the girl with yellow highlights next to the rainbowed haired girl.

"Something wrong RD? Sunset?" AJ asked, noticing the two girls expression

"What?" the cyan girl asked, "No, I thought I saw something."

"Yeah," the tan girl added, "me too."

I'm sure of it, those two could see my stand. I need to show them that I'm on their side. But I don't think now is the time.

The group sat down at the table with me. The girls I didn't know introduce themselves accordingly. Twilight Sparkle wearing a pair of glasses, a privet school uniform from what I could tell, and a star symbol in her neatly brushed hair. Rainbow Dash wearing a blue overshirt with an undershirt that bore a cloud shooting a rainbow-colored lightning bolt, and a skirt and shorts underneath. Sunset Simmer wearing a leather jacket and small dress with jeans, Rarity wearing a beautiful dress that bore three gemstones as her symbol. Pinkie Pie wearing a small sleeve shirt and a skirt that had three balloons that seemed to be ready to be pulled off at a moments notice. Fluttershy wearing a pure white shirt with a green skirt that had three butterflies as her symbol. The entire group, save for Sunset, was wearing a necklace around their necks.

"So whats this about flash?" AJ asked

"I need help with this," I told them, pulling out the card and placing it on the table, " I was hoping that you girls could know what it means"

Twilight was the first to grab the card and inspect it.


27 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE


"What do you mean I cant?!" Ruby shouted, "You know that the timestream is altered! So why not let me go back and fix it?!"

The hologram of Rudy's stand was showing DIO draining the blood of someone in a customised school uniform for Japan. The kid's stand was fading as its master was drained dry. I could hear DIO laughing to himself as his stand appears next to DIO.

"It's too dangerous Ruby!" I protested, "Have you forgotten what he did to the Resistance?! To your mother?!"

"That's why I have to do this!" Ruby stated, "And if you won't help me, then I'll go to a time where you will!"

All of a sudden I felt my body stiffen. Secret came into view as her shadow kept a stronger link then it usually does. It left me completely paralyzed.

"I'll come with you." secret said, "We'll fix time together"

"D-don't do it Ruby!" I struggled to shout, "You might not come back if you do!"

"That's a risk I'm willing to take." Ruby stated, her stand starting to glow, "Goodbye dad."

Secret placed a hand on Ruby's shoulder before the room was filled with a blinding light.


TO BE CONTINUED