• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 9,234 Views, 4,091 Comments

Twilight Gets a Puppy, Season 4 - TDR



New gods, spiky vines, singing fish, ghost dogs, theatrical mishaps, and a new enemy seeking to destroy everything, The Sparkle siblings will have their hooves, paws, and claws full this season.

  • ...
28
 4,091
 9,234

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight's Kraken, Part Two, Part 4

Twilight Gets a Puppy
Season 4
By TDR

Twilight's Kraken,
Part Two,
Part 4

She watched the conflict, eyes narrowed at the blood and sheer power being put out by the three. Who ever owned this farm was never going to be able to use this land again, nor much of the surrounding countryside, unless something grew well in blood, meat chunks and viscera.

Rahs was doing most of the close fighting, with Twilight skirting the edges of the field out of reach blasting Tirek. The centaur had rents in his flesh and the surrounding area was littered with bits of him with the lost parts simply regrowing on the monster.

Rahs however was not unscathed. He had been beaten, stabbed, and blasted to the point that had he been wearing anything at his size, it would have been blasted off.

Were it not for the situation, she might have just enjoyed the view.

“The unit from Canterlot has arrived.”

“How many?”

“Eight teams.”

“Rescue or warrior?”

“Mixed units. Pharynx is leading them.”

“Your brother. Does he know what I plan?”

“He approves.”

“Of course he would.”

Saturnia frowned watching as a back hand from the centaur knocked one of Rahs' fangs out of his mouth with a spray of blood, the tooth spiraled over to impale a tree nearby. Rahs hardly noticed, the fang regrown before he turned back to claw out Tirek's eyes again.

Saturnia looked over at the tooth, the fang larger than she was.

“We attack from the air, make sure Twilight sees the group, stay out of reach, fire weapons and spells then scatter, give the bastard no groups to target. I am not letting my future husband fight this thing with just his sister for help.” Saturnia snarled. The pink changeling was currently twice her usual size with a spiked carapace and much more muscle mass, even if it was simply her magic bulking her up, it offered more protection and damage out put when she used the spears she carried. She found it some what amusing that her sire favored the same weapon as she did.

She was not as amused at how her sire tended to use said weapons, though she wasn't against learning that style to grab Rahs' attention.

“Go.” she ordered.

She watched the conflict, eyes narrowed at the blood and sheer power being put out by the three. Who ever owned this farm was never going to be able to use this land again, nor much of the surrounding countryside, unless something grew well in blood, meat chunks and viscera.

Rahs was doing most of the close fighting, with Twilight skirting the edges of the field out of reach blasting Tirek. The centaur had rents in his flesh and the surrounding area was littered with bits of him with the lost parts simply regrowing on the monster.

Rahs however was not unscathed. He had been beaten, stabbed, and blasted to the point that had he been wearing anything at his size, it would have been blasted off.

Were it not for the situation, she might have just enjoyed the view.

She was however enjoying that he was putting her training to use.

“Alpha, the diggers and warriors are ready.”

“Good. Make sure they know to stay off the surface. Pop up attack and dig deep. Allow this creature no chance to strike back.”

“Yes Alpha.”

Jynx stared over at the fight. The massive diamond dog bitch clad in bits of metal armor tied with leather covering mostly her chest and belly with some wrapping on her sides and nethers. Spiked bracers and leg coverings added to the armor but did nothing to hamper her digging ability. What parts of her black fur were exposed were covered in various lines and swirls of blue and red paint.

Jynx reached off to the side picking up a massive slab of wood that seemed like it started as a small tree before some one had carved a handle into it making it more like a club.

Chunks of gems, spikes of bone, and teeth all jutted out from the massive club in neat rows along what she considered the edges. A ancient weapons expert like Nightlight Sparkle might recognize the club as a leiomano. Jynx never bothered to find a name for the weapon, or cared what it was called. It was rare that she used it, though the weapon had been her fathers when the war between packs was at it's peak, as the alpha it was hers now, and she had made sure she could use it.

“I refuse to let my future mate fight this thing alone with only his sister to help.”Jynx snarled.

“Alpha?”

“Go!”Jynx snapped pointing the massive weapon at the centaur.

[?]

“BWAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!” Sunset cackled.

“What the buck is wrong with you mare!?!” Spike screamed at the orange unicorn.

“You really think I'm gonna run off and let Twilight and probably your brother fight Tirek alone?”

“Yes?” Spike questioned.

“Please Spike, give me some credit.” Sunset cackled. “I had a plan all along.”

“I am not instilled with confidence.” Spike huffed.

“Shut up, both of you.” The third member of the little group snapped.

[ Hollow Shades]

With a cheer from the gathered foals she took a bow and moved to take a break as some juggler came up to try to keep the foals entertained and distracted.

A large number of refugees from Canterlot had arrived earlier in the day and with the shape of some of the ponies with them it was clear something was going on. She had no idea what was wrong with them. Some of them had their cutie mark dulled to nearly be the same color of their fur, and they had no magic that she could sense, even the unicorns.

The refugees had brought in a great number of foals as well and she had volunteered to keep them entertained the best she could. There wasn't anything else she could do, she was no doctor, no great warrior, just a show mare with a gift for illusions.

Whatever was going on however she was certain that the Sparkles would be in the middle of it.

“You better be safe Fuzzy...” Trixie muttered looking in the direction of the Manterhorn, and Ponyville on the other side of it.

[Carousel Boutique]

She winced watching the fight from Ponyville out of the window of the shop. While she couldn't see the details the sprays of blood and blasts of magic were making her hair stand on end.

Both she and Rainbow were practically prancing around in circles, wanting to get into the fray and try and do something.

The fallen Guards had been taken to safety, though Ditsy had needed to knock Comet Trail out to keep him from going after Tirek in his state, and the Flower Trio had hog tied Lodestone and carted him off.

Honestly not the weirdest thing that had happened in town, but still noticeable.

“We have got tah do somethin.”

“And what would you have us do darling, go get in their way?” Rarity offered. The mare was sitting on her couch with three fair sized boxes of sewing needles. She was pulling the needles out of one, looking them over, and dropping them into a box marked 'worn' or a box marked 'still good'. “None of us are any where near 'god tier' as it were, and if you recall what Spike said even that hardly matters because we are not Sparkles with a connection to Rahs and as such our magic can be drained.”

“Besides if you would have seen all the magic they're throwing around, you'd be leery of getting any where near it.” Pinkie Pie pointed out. “Carrot's farm is gone. Like gone gone, like probably gonna wind up in the dictionary next to that buffalo and the apple, gone.”

“Ah ain't worried about magic.”

“You should be worried.” Fluttershy pointed out. “Even at your biggest witch wolf form you wouldn't even be the size of a tea cup poodle to that thing out there.”

“Well, ah got to do somethin. Ah can't just let Rahs fight that thing on his own like that.” Applejack snapped

“And what would you do darling, bite his ankles off?” Rarity questioned adding another few needles to the worn box.

“Well what would yah do if it was Sombra out there?” Applejack huffed.

“Compile a very long list of things to scold him about when he returned.” Rarity pointed out looking at the tip of one needle closely before putting it in the 'still good box.

“Where is Sombra any way? Didn't Spike say the Princesses wanted him to leave town?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Indeed, but you know how he gets when his mother and aunt are brought up.” Rarity huffed dropping another collection of needles into the 'worn' box. “At the moment he is helping his boss secure the forge so they can get to a shelter without worry of anything catching fire or the forge going out.”

“GAH. Ah can't just sit here counting needles like you!” Applejack snapped rushing to the door and throwing it open, galloping off down the street with Rainbow Dash right behind her.

“Called it.” Pinkie Pie sighed.

“Honestly darling, I think all of us are surprised she stayed still this long.” Rarity sighed dropping more needles into the other boxes.

“Not to be rude, but this is an odd time for you to be sorting needles.” Fluttershy pointed out to Rarity.

“Not at all darling this is the perfect time.” Rarity offered.

“Why is this the perfect time? Pinkie Pie asked.

“Simply put darling, I would hate to waste any of my good needles.” Rarity smiled.

“Stilllllllll, don't follow.” Pinkie pointed out.

“Well darlings, this horrid Tirek is running around draining magic from everything. What better little gift for him than a small collection of my own magic, wrapped around a few hundred or so of my worn or bent sewing needles,with my magic keeping them all in a nice tight little bundle. “Rarity's grin grew a little wider and a bit more feral. “Then after he samples my magic the spell will be gone and poof, needles everywhere.”

“Ummm that sounds rather dangerous.” Fluttershy offered.

“Oh nonsense darling, the needle bundle will be tossed into his open mouth so he can have a proper taste after all.” Rarity's grin had spread into full uncanny valley as it was now far wider than it should have been able to be on her face and full of very sharp teeth, “And of course since gods heal any damage the initial burst will quickly be healed. But as shown by what happened to Celestia at the wedding and the bolts and arrows the Guard's peppered Tirek with, anything embedded into them will still need to be pulled out. And I expect a mouth, throat, and possible belly full of needles will leave a 'taste' that lingers for quite some time.”

Fluttershy flattened her ears to her head, fighting the urge to hiss at the mare who's fur was slowly turning black.

“I think you've been hanging around Sombra too much.” Pinkie Pie growled.

“Sombra? Nonsense darling, this has nothing to do with Sombra. “ The grin split her head like a pez dispenser as she laughed. “I've had a literal nightmare as a part of me for over a year now. Sombra at his worst only wishes he had the ideas I have.”

“That does not fill me with confidence.” Pinkie Pie said flatly.

“It was not supposed to darling, now then shall we go make sure Applejack and Rainbow Dash don't do anything dumber than they already have?” Rarity offered rising to her hooves carrying along the box of worn needles as she headed to the door.

Author's Note:

I wanted this to be the last chapter, but it got far too big.

PreviousChapters Next