• Published 29th Jan 2013
  • 291 Views, 4 Comments

A Beautiful Adventure - thunderingbassFIM8819



Thundering Bass and Melody Breeze meet for their first time l, sharing the heart for adventure, they do something about it.

  • ...
 4
 291

The Journey Continues (Chapter 5)

The wind flowing through their manes, air whistling through their ears, the two found themselves flying again eager to see the Princess. Both looking for inspiration, both striving for the new song. They don't know it yet, but they had more than enough inspiration they needed. They had, each other.

"So, you do this often?" Thunder joked seeing Canterlot inch closer and closer with each passing second. His wings continued to fatiuge as the flew, yet he didn't notice. Last night changed him. He knew it too, he just embrassed the change.

"Eh, no not really. I just felt we needed to get away from it all. For a while anyway. But by the time we reach Canterlot, it'll be night. You think before we ask for a quest, we should ask for a room?" Melody smiled as she caught on, she was eager to reach the castle and start on their new quest. But that'd have to wait, for she was tired and achy. She would've been exhausted if she hadn't had that night on the forest floor with Thunder. He was soft. She liked it.

Canterlot seemed to approach faster than normal, which was good for these two. Thunder's wings were sore, and his stomach empty. Melody wasn't much better. They arrived in the castle, but not through the gate. Security was extra tight. Almost tripled in comparison than any other day. The snuck down the long corridors and stayed in the shadows. Night fell and the two stood out brightly if a beam of light struck their white coats.

They arrived at her bedroom. Celestia's bedroom.

Thunder and Melody exchanged looks. "Maybe she wouldn't mind if we asked?" Thunder pleaded, eager to get to a soft bed.

"Hope you're right, I don't want to be locked away for something like this," Melody responded in a fake tone, then softly chuckled at the stallion. Melody was the one to knock.

"Only one way to find out." Thunder smiled as the doors opened revealing the alicorn they were seeking. She seemed stressed but didn't let it show.

"What is it, my little ponies?"