• Published 29th Jan 2013
  • 291 Views, 4 Comments

A Beautiful Adventure - thunderingbassFIM8819



Thundering Bass and Melody Breeze meet for their first time l, sharing the heart for adventure, they do something about it.

  • ...
 4
 291

Recovery (Chapter 8)

They smiled and watched the sun set slowly, they've accepted the day's end. And now are relaxing in the breeze, for tomorrow they head home. But for now, they have each other. Time slowly fading away until their final night in the castle, is over. They don't mind having to leave when they wake up. They could start working when they got there.

"I'm glad you found some inspiration, Melody. How about when we get back to Ponyville we start working on that song?" Thunder smiled anticipating his new mix.

"I don't see why not," Melody smiled as the wind gently blew through her mane, "but before we start that and get ahead of ourselves, why don't we go for a walk?" She blushed lightly, at the thought of it.

"Uhmmm sure," Thunder replied taken aback by the sudden urge she had to move, "shall we walk through the garden?" Thunder smiled, even though his hooves ached, he decided that making Melody happy would be his first priority.

"Yeah, sure."

The two walked through the corridors of the castle towards the garden, enjoying the night as long as they can. The stallion and mare found the large doors, and softly pushed it open. They unfurled their tired wings simultaneously and let the breeze blow through them. Thunder's once all carbon black mane was now showing some signs of maroon in it. Melody thought this strange since it's always been black. But she paid no mind to it, she was happy he was here with her.

As the two sat in the garden slowly Thunder's mane was changing. The slightly maroon streaks were now changing, showing a slightly brighter maroon, getting brighter by the hour.

"H-hey, y-your mane is, uhhh changing colors, is that normal?" Melody quizzed, unsure why this was happening.

"It doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen, the maroon streaks will eventually turn redder than the apples from Sweet Apple Acres if we keep this up."

"Is that a good thing?"

"Yeah, I guess, it only happens when I'm happy... truly happy..." Thunder trailed off, knowing exactly why it was changing back. It was Melody's fault, this adventure brought the two complete strangers closer than they've ever been with anypony else. And Thunder liked that.

"Oh... well then I suggest we keep on with this huh? I mean I wouldn't mind a few bright red streaks in the pitch black mane of yours." Melody giggled trying to picture it, but when she got the image in her head, she smiled, and it seemed she couldn't stop. "Oh hey I think I have an idea for the so-"

Thunder pulled her into a hug with his wings and nuzzled her softly. "I just want to thank you Melody for doing this... And I just want you to know that this has been the single best time of my life, just these past couple of days together, and I wanted to know, when we get back to Ponyvillle, would we still do things like this? I mean the talking and hanging out, and maybe another adventure or quest... later on in time?" He blushed, it all came out so quickly, well most of it. He still had something to say, but he couldn't bring himself to say it, not when she was awake.

Melody blushed as all this rushed at her. Slowly she smiled, " I-i love you." She blushed brightly as she said it. She kissed him before he could respond.

Thunder breaking the kiss, caught his breath from this surprise. "I... I love you too."