• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 23,080 Views, 7,935 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,935
 23,080

PreviousChapters Next
Ever-evolving skills

As the Canterlot Tournament continues, only 30 minutes remain until the first day comes to an end.

Rarity's matchup is nearing. Once this current one finishes up, she will have to face off against a pony straight from the Crystal Empire. Everypony watching the tournament were still shaken up from the Pheromosa battle and how brutally it defeated Breloom.

Talk about it was still ongoing even. But with this current battle, it quickly left their minds, however, some were still dwelling on it. Ash was especially thinking about how this will all end due to Adagio bringing her vengeful nature into this tournament.

He knows how powerful and nigh-unstoppable someone can be when seeking vengeance. Wouldn't be the first time anyways. The outcome could vary between two possibilities.

The first outcome is that somepony could end up defeating Adagio. The second outcome would obviously be the opposite. With how powerful an Ultra Beast is, especially grouped with Pheromosa's insane speed and destructive kicks, Adagio might be the one to come out victorious in all of this.

All the while, this current battle is about to come to an end.

"Chesnaught! Hammer Arm!" A unicorn commanded her partner which was a Chesnaught.

"Naught!" The Spiky Armor Pokemon raised its arms up as they glowed a vibrant white, slamming it down on the opposing Pokemon which was a Galvantula.

"Gal!" The EleSpider Pokemon was smashed into the ground, feeling Chesnaught's heavy arms make direct contact with its head. And with that, this battle was done.

"Galvantula is unable to battle! Chesnaught wins! Thus, the victor is Rubystreams!"

"Woohoo!" The unicorn jumped up, rushing over to her Grass-Fighting partner. "Great stuff, Chesnaught!"

"Ches!"

"Aw bummer!" The opposing pony groaned. "Nice try anyway, Galvantula."

"Gal."

Closing that battle off, only 5 minutes remain until Rarity steps forward. Inside the waiting room, she had already decided to use her Mareep for this first round. Mareep was a fairly capable Pokemon of hers that can prove its strength.

"It'll be our time to shine, Mareep." Rarity looked at Mareep's Poke Ball, holding her breath in. Originally, she entered this tournament due to Rainbow Dash's request and the urge to improve so that she can protect her friends and family.

That was still the main reason of course, but there was a second reason involved. After Adagio, she now aims to possibly defeat Pheromosa herself. Since she wasn't there when Pheromosa attacked her friends, horribly injuring them, the unicorn has a strong disdain towards the Lissome Pokemon.

"If we go up against Adagio herself, I'll make sure that we're at our absolute best. I'll have to find a way to get past Pheromosa's absurd speed, however."

It wasn't just Rarity thinking. After she had told Twilight to prepare herself for Adagio in case she gets paired up with her, the young alicorn has also been planning a strategy.

"Okay. Poison Jab won't be a problem for Eve. And since Pheromosa's part Fighting, that can help me a lot. But Throat Chop..." She paced back and forth. "I could use Vulpix to deal with Pheromosa's other typing, Bug. But he's not much of a battler like Eve and Minccy...Maybe Dewott?"

"Espeon?" Eve looked up at her trainer.

"Sorry, Eve. I'm just a bit stuck at the moment." Twilight picked the Sun Pokemon up. "I'm also worried that you'll end up getting horribly hurt if you battle against Pheromosa. I'm not even sure we can keep up with it."

"Eon." The Psychic-Type told Twilight not to worry as she gave the young alicorn a pat on the face. No matter what, her Pokemon were here to support her through thick and thin.

Over at the crowd, Sweetie Belle was getting pumped up. It was her sister battling after all. "Here it comes..." She had a wide grin on her face, moving her hooves around. "It's Rarity's turn! Are you excited?! I know I am!" Sweetie Belle yelled in Apple Bloom's ear, returning the favour to her when Applejack battled.

"Yeah...I know." Apple Bloom held her ear. "But, can Rarity even battle?"

"Of course she can!" Sweetie Belle retorted. "You should see her Leavanny's in action! Especially her main one. Out of all 12 of them, it's unmatched."

"How does she know which one is the strongest, though...?" Pinkie squinted her eyes.

"Well, some of the Leavanny's actually appear to have height differences from what I've seen. So maybe the tallest one is the strongest." Fluttershy said. "What do you think, Ash?"

Still, Ash was in his focused state. Like Celestia, Twilight and Rarity, Adagio was on his mind. So much so that he barely paid attention to the previous matchup between Chesnaught and Galvantula.

"Pikapi?" Pikachu called for Ash, snapping him out of his thought.

"Sorry, buddy. Can't really think straight right now."

"Drink some cider. It can clear your mind easy peasy." Apple Bloom gave Ash a tiny cup of cider for support. "Oh! Here comes Rarity!"

Along came the two trainers. Rarity and a Crystal Empire pegasus by the name of Bluewind.

"Hm. Is it me, or are a lot of the trainers here pegasi?" Goh scratched his head.

"Well, pegasi kinda have a history with battling way back in the past. Warrior's blood, ya know." Ash answered.

"Pikachu."

On the battlefield, both trainers went on their own sides. Rarity on the right, Bluewind on the left. Rarity wanted to feel the excitement in this upcoming battle, but her focus on defeating Adagio was blocking that out. Bluewind, however, was psyched about this.

Once the referee gave them both the run-down of the rules, as usual, they were ordered to do the next part of the tournament.

"You may both send out your Pokemon."

"Mareep. It's all you, darling."

"Come out, Charizard!"

With both the Wool Pokemon and the Flame Pokemon being tossed out of their Poke Balls, the stage had been set for the two.

"Mareep!"

"Charizard!" The Flame Pokemon breathed fire in the air to assert its dominance. Nopony was expecting this Pokemon to appear.

"A Charizard?!" Sweetie Belle gulped. "That's a major problem!!"

"Holy smokes!" Meowth popped his head out of the crowd. "That pony's got a Charizard!"

"A real juggernaut!" James ate his popcorn.

"That fashionista's already lost!" Jessie bit on a sandwich. "Everyone knows that Charizard's a force to be reckoned with."

"Rizard..." Charizard looked down on Mareep, seeing how tiny and small he is in comparison to his dragon-like stature.

"Reep..." Mareep was shaking a small bit. Charizard was an intimidating Pokemon to look at after all.

"Don't be intimidated, Mareep." Rarity said. "After all, the safety of our friends and their Pokemon are our top priority. Taking on impossible odds is something we have to tackle."

"Ma!"

"Woah. Somepony sound super serious." Bluewind chuckled as he spread his wings out. "This'll be fun!"

"Char!"

"Battle Start!"

"Charizard! Dragon Claw!" Starting off strong was Charizard's Dragon Claw. By raising both his arms up, the Flame Pokemon gained light green draconic energy that was shaped like claws, soaring towards the Wool Pokemon.

"Mareep! Thunder Shock!"

"Reep!" Instead of its own body, sparks of electricity appeared around Mareep's ears since that's where its electric attacks usually come from. He was ready to fire, but unfortunately, Charizard was at the end of the day, faster than the Wool Pokemon.

"Char!" Striking his opponent with the draconic claws, Mareep had been sent flying by the mighty Dragon-Type attack.

"Fire!" Rarity commanded.

"Mareep!" Despite being hit, Mareep attacked anyways. When he was airborne, an electric blast shot out of his ears and eventually his own body to add extra power.

A direct hit. Charizard and his trainer didn't expect the attack to be thrown whilst his opponent had been struck. As a result, a super-effective hit was given to the Flame Pokemon.

"Zard!"

"Yes! Now, use Charge!" Rarity had decided to power up her partner. She wasn't playing around at all. An orb of electricity surrounded the Wool Pokemon's body as he had boosted the power of the next Electric-Move that he would use.

"Charizard! Flamethrower!"

"Char!" The Fire-Flying-Type opened his mouth wide, breathing an intense blast of fire forward.

"Electro Ball!" Returning the favour, Mareep's tail lit up with his body being surrounded by a golden light, letting out sparks. On top of his tail, an orb of yellow and orange electricity had been hurled forward.

Due to Charge powering up Mareep's Electric-Type moves, Electro Ball was powerful enough to match Flamethrower in strength, causing both attacks to cancel each other out.

"Have a look at that! That small and cute Mareep is holding its own against a Pokemon as fierce as Charizard! exclaimed the announcer.

"That's my big sister!" Sweetie Belle put both Spike and Apple Bloom in a chokehold, shaking the dragon and earth pony about. "Not even a Charizard can take her down that easily! You get em Rarity!"

"C-Can't...breathe..." Apple Bloom's eyes looked like they were about to pop out as she aggressively tapped her foot on the floor.

"A-Air..." Spike was desperately clawing the air, trying to break free.

"Not bad. But that Mareep of yours isn't gonna be able to take another Dragon Claw, that's for sure. Head in Charizard!"

"Char!" The Flame Pokemon spread his wings, accelerating towards the Wool Pokemon.

"I refuse to lose here. Mareep! Jump on Charizard's back." Determined to win this with vigour alongside her partner, Rarity commanded the Wool Pokemon to jump on Charizard's back all of a sudden.

"Ma!" And that's precisely what he did. By hopping off the ground, Mareep had not only avoided Dragon Claw but had personally taken a ride on the final stage evolution, shocking everypony.

And speaking of shocking. "Now! Thundershock!" The Wool Pokemon had instantly exerted 8,000 volts of electricity on Charizard, due to how physical the two of them were at the moment.

"Reep!"

"Ah! Charizard! Shake Mareep off!" Aiming to get the Electric-Type off his back, Charizard had increased his flying speed so that Mareep would end up feeling the wind aggressively blow towards him.

That amount of wind was just enough to blow the Wool Pokemon off the Flame Pokemon's back. But Rarity didn't let that bother her once. Once again, she had used Mareep's airborne state to her advantage. "Thundershock!"

"Mareep!" For a second time, Mareep had fired a blast of electricity whilst in the air. This struck Charizard, yet again, dealing heavy damage.

"Zard!" The Flame Pokemon fell to the ground, tumbling until he reached his trainer.

"Flamethrower!"

"Electro Ball!"

Yet again, the same two moves had clashed. But this time, Flamethrower proved to be the mightier force as it engulfed the orb of electricity. Mareep had managed to avoid the Flamethrower due to him reaching the ground at the right time.

"Take Down!" Charging in recklessly, Mareep went for a full-body charge, aiming to slam himself into Charizard.

"Bad move! Charizard! Use Flare Blitz!" A similar move, but much more powerful. Charizard's body had been surrounded by a red-orange fire, shooting himself towards Mareep like a missile.

"Eep! If that hits, Mareep is done for!" Pinkie exclaimed as she breathed in and out of a paper bag.

"Come on, Rarity! You can do it!" Sweetie Belle bellowed as she still held Apple Bloom who had just fainted.

"This is the end! Jump and use Thunder Shock!"

Instead of making direct contact with Charizard, the Wool Pokemon took the skies by using the speed of Take Down to give him that extra boost. Mareep had sent down his strongest Thunder Shock yet.

"Charizard! Turn around and use Flamethrower!" But it was too late. At the end of the day, it is electricity so there's a very low chance of anyone avoiding it. Thus, Charizard had been smitten from above, taking the full force of Thunder Shock.

"RIZARD!" With his eyes widening, all that followed was an explosion of thunder that shot up high enough to reach the clouds.

It looked like it was the end of Charizard once the smoke had cleared. But not at all. Proving itself to be a real juggernaut, as James describes, the Flame Pokemon was still standing. But barely.

"CHAR!" His roar blew away the smoke as well allowing Rarity's mane to flow in the wind.

"That's the stuff, Charizard!" Bluewind flew up.

"I figured as much..." Rarity clenched her teeth. Even if it isn't a Dragon-Type, it sure does have the durability of a Dragon."

"Mareep..."

"I think I've found a favourite!" The announcer shook his table. "Even though Mareep's proving to be a formidable foe, Charizard just won't go down! Oh, Fire-Types are so cool!"

"You had my wings trembling," Bluewind said, shaking his wings about. "I thought my Charizard was a goner. But that Mareep of yours is no joke."

"Shouldn't come as a surprise. Mareep and I are determined to win this for the sake of our friends. That means we can't allow anypony to stop us. Not until we reach Adagio."

"That's some spirit." Bluewind pulled back. He was intimidated by Rarity's words. "Alright, Charizard. This lady's not gonna let us win this with ease. So let's finish this quick.

"Charizard!"

"Flamethrower!" Charizard held his breath in for yet another Flamethrower, but this time, due to his ability being Blaze, the flame on his tail intensified, showing that this was gonna be a big one as his Fire-Type moves had been increased in power.

Rarity could see that clear as day. "Dodge with Take Down and use Charge!"

"Reep!" Using Take Down as a method of dodging, the Wool Pokemon had then powered up his own Electric attacks in the process.

"If distance won't do us any good then we'll just come to you. Flare Blitz!" Rocketing himself forward, Charizard left behind a trail of flames whilst heading straight for the Electric-Type Pokemon.

"Mareep! Thunder Shock!"

"MA!" Releasing a blast of electricity, Thundershock and Flare Blitz had collided. The two moves had entered a clash with one move trying to come out on top. "Ma...Reep..."

"Push through, Charizard!"

"CHAR!" Flare Blitz proved to be the mightier move as it was breaking through the Thunder Shock.

"Ma...Mareep..." Mareep was doing his very best to keep the attack back, but unfortunately, a small Pokemon like him can only do so much in his current state.

"Mareep!" Rarity bellowed for her Pokemon's name. "You're not thinking of losing here, are you?"

"Reep..."

"Both of us. We'll excel in all of this and stop Adagio, won't we? Our strength will grow to a point where we can protect our friends and family from any threat. Whether it be from this world or your own!"

"Ma!" Mareep nodded while both of his eyes closed.

"So! For the sake of the ones we love, push right through!" Rarity thrust her hooves forward.

"Ma..Ma...FLA!" With a sudden burst of energy, Mareep's body entered a golden state. Sparks were flying out of the Wool Pokemon's body, changing from yellow to blue.

"What is that?!" Bluewind pulled back.

"Mareep?" Rarity's eyes widened. She had no idea what was going on at first. But then she remembered what she learned about her Leavanny's and their interaction with the magic in this world. This could only mean one thing.

"What's going on?!" The announcer leaned forward, smacking his face on the glass.

"Is it a new move?!" Sweetie Belle shook an unconscious Apple Bloom, who managed to wake up from the light.

"I think I saw my mom and dad..." Apple Bloom held her head before shifting her attention towards the newly evolved Pokemon. "Huh?! When did this happen?!"

It wasn't a new move. Not at all. This was something even better. The clouds above had turned grey all of a sudden as they blocked out the sun itself. From the swirling clouds, a lightning bolt shot out, striking the golden-clad Mareep.

The sound of thunder hitting startled everypony, even Charizard who was suddenly finding it difficult to break through Thunder Shock. It was almost as if it was gradually growing stronger.

"Char?"

The anticipation came to an end very quickly, much like lightning itself. The bolt of lightning had dispersed along with the golden light that covered Mareep's body.

Although. It was no longer a Mareep anymore. Instead, the Wool Pokemon had finally evolved into its second stage evolution.

Flaaffy.

"Flaa...FFY!" The Wool Pokemon forced Charizard back by increasing the size and power of Thunder Shock, putting an end to the struggle.

"Zard!" Charizard cried out as he veered on the ground. He and his trainer looked forward to gaze upon this revelation. "Char?"

"Mareep...? No. Not anymore." Rarity gasped as she pulled out her Pokedex.

"Flaaffy. The Wool Pokemon. As a result of storing too much electricity, it developed patches where even downy wool won’t grow. Flaaffy’s wool quality changes so that it can generate a high amount of static electricity with a small amount of wool. The bare and slick parts of its hide are shielded against electricity. If its coat becomes fully charged with electricity, its tail lights up. It fires hair that zaps on impact."

"No way! It evolved?!" Spike shouted as everypony was thrown off guard by this.

"An evolution mid-battle! How neat is that?!" The announcer squeed.

"That is pretty neat actually..." Both Bluewind and the referee said.

"Flaa!" The newly evolved Wool Pokemon stomped his foot on the ground, displaying his revitalized state.

"Flaaffy...Very well then. Show me your newfound strength with Thunder Shock!" Rarity commanded.

"Ffy!" Flaaffy had something better in store. Upon evolving, he actually did learn a new move as theorized by Sweetie Belle. A move that was much more powerful than Thunder Shock.

Due to the clouds still being grey, they acted upon Flaaffy's will. Yellow flashes of light could be seen in the clouds with the sound of thunder rumbling. That could only mean one thing.

"Oh, right!" Bluewind snapped back into reality! "Flare Blitz! Finish it!"

Charging in once more with Flare Blitz, Charizard was aiming to put an end to this battle before things got ugly. The battle was about to come to an end for sure, but not by Charizard.

With his eyes flashing along with his tail and fleece, Flaafy had summoned an earth-shattering blast of lightning from above. The move moved much faster than Charizard as it gave the Flame Pokemon a crushing smite with the force of 30,000 volts hitting him.

"ZA!" Realizing that a greater Electric-Type attack that far surpassed Electro Ball and Thunder Shock hit him, Charizard had been knocked off balance, flying past Flaaffy as Flare Blitz completely missed. With his body rolling on the ground like a ragdoll, the outcome was clear as day.

Charizard had fainted.

"Char..."

"Charizard is unable to battle! Flaaffy wins! Thus the victor is Rarity!"

"Incredible! Flaaffy overcame a huge obstacle in the form of Charizard and evolved from it! I wish my Pokemon could do the same!" The announcer exclaimed.

"No way!" Bluewind's jaw dropped to a point where it made contact with the ground itself.

"Yes!" Rarity clapped her hooves together as she pranced over to her newly evolved partner. "Flaaffy! You were absolutely divine!"

"Fy! Flaaffy!" Flaaffy gave his trainer a jolt of electricity that caused her mane and tail to puff up. Out of love.

"SHE DID IT! WOOHOO!" Sweetie Belle flailed her hooves around, knocking Apple Bloom out once more. And she had just woken up. "Isn't Rarity the best?!"

"She actually beat a Charizard..." Goh was flabbergasted.

"Yeah...I didn't think it was possible." Spike slumped on the seat. "Ain't Rarity something?"

"Determination can do that." Ash nodded. "I've got faith that Rarity will be the one to defeat Pheromosa."

"Pikachu!"

"What a duo those two are. Oh well. I've still got a long way to go as a trainer anyways." Bluewind shrugged. "Great job, Charizard."

"Charizard." Charizard stood up, holding his head. That Thunder really did some damage.

"Bluewind, was it?" Rarity spoke to her opponent. "I apologize if I went a bit overboard back there. I completely forgot that the main point of this tournament was to have fun and improve ourselves."

"Don't sweat it. You're doing it for your friends and family, right? So it's all good. Besides, I don't think me and Charizard could compare to dedication like that. We just came here to win. Right pal?" Bluewind gave a Charizard a pat on the belly.

"Zard!" Charizard in response, breathed fire at his trainer's face, leaving it a smoking mess.

"Ugh...Thanks, Charizard..." Bluewind coughed some smoke out. "Alright. We're done here. We'll be watching you in the other rounds."

"I appreciate it!" Rarity nodded. "Let's succeed even further together, Flaaffy."

"Flaaffy!"


Returning to the waiting room, everypony had congratulated Rarity for that stunning display. The last thing anypony was expecting was an evolution during the tournament. Especially one that was in the middle of a clash.

"Rarity! That was amazing!" Rainbow Dash flew over.

"No kidding. I'd even say that was much fancier than when my Groyvle here evolved. No offence, partner."

"Grovyle." Grovyle didn't mind. He could agree on that for sure.

"Much thanks, girls." Rarity let out a deep sigh. "Oh, dear. Pokemon battling can really tire a lady out. I'll need some fresh air."

"Take as much as you'd like," Twilight said.

Rarity did just that. Returning Flaaffy to his Poke Ball, the unicorn had decided to clear her mind. Since she wasn't crazy about Pokemon battling, going through an adrenaline rush such as that battle back there was something she had never experienced before.

Heading out, who else was there, standing alone with a usual smug look on her face.

Adagio, of course.

"Not bad. Although, you mostly got lucky that your sheep friend evolved at the last minute." Adagio chuckled.

"Adagio Dazzle." Rarity scoffed at her.

"I heard what you said back there. You? Defeat me? Hah!" Adagio chuckled whilst walking up to Rarity. "That's rich."

"Don't get cocky. I've made sure to prepare myself for when I go up against your Pheromosa."

"Hoh? Even so, how are you gonna keep up with her? You saw what happened back there. No one is matching her speed at all. Especially not some sheep that got a pity evolution."

"You'd be surprised by how fast Electric-Type moves are." Rarity had clashed unicorn horns with Adagio was the two were face to face. "Then again, it's common sense to know that electricity is naturally fast."

"Hmph. You're only acting this confident because you weren't there when your precious little friends were attacked by a Pheromosa. If you had been, you would've probably taken an equally harsh beating from her. And I would've enjoyed every second of it."

"Oh? Then I suppose I can be honest and say that I've enjoyed every second of your constant losses. The Castelia City defeat is my personal favourite." Rarity smirked, hitting Adagio where it hurts.

The two of them seemed to be on an equal wavelength. If anything, they almost seemed like opposites of each other. Besides the unicorn horn. They both realized that they could settle this in the tournament if they end up going up against each other. So they separated horns whilst pulling back.

"All my hate is directed towards Twilight Sparkle. But you've certainly shot yourself up." Adagio walked off. "See you tomorrow. Make sure you don't lose to some random pony." She chuckled as those were her last words.

"Leavanny..." Leavanny came out of her Poke Ball, feeling the urge to String Shot Adagio so badly right now.

"Leave it, Leavanny. We'll have to wait until that moment comes."

With an unexpected evolution and resounding victory, Rarity's determination in this tournament has reached new heights that were impossible to predict. The final contestants prepare themselves for their upcoming battle before the day ends as the Canterlot Tournament continues.


Chapter 228 End.

PreviousChapters Next