• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 7,644 Views, 801 Comments

Sympathy: A TwiLuna Story - Giant_Neckbeard



Twiluna Fan(clop?)fic. Twi and Luna magically bound to each other. Gryphons massing at the borders. Chrysalis trying to get back into Equestria. Discord being Discord. Canterlot Nobles trying to tear Princess Twi's authority apart. YAY!

  • ...
43
 801
 7,644
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 25 )

You came into this world as a half-Unicorn, half-Earth Pony hybrid,

Um, what? I thought both of her parents were unicorns?

9857429
Since the story has been going on for so long, and I throw so many plots in together (not like that!), I'm not surprised that's a concern. I mentioned it when Luna was trying to talk Twilight out of a panic attack, that the Powers, the sentient forces of the universe, tend to not give a damn about mortal social constructs or customs either because it isn't important in a macro-scale view of the universe, or they're just too far removed for mortal concerns and don't get that making a certain child from a certain couple have wildly different racial features than their parents can cause grief for all parties involved.

It's also why the Powers made Immortals as their go-betweens for themselves and the mortals, because they kept trying and Mortals kept attributing these changes as blasphemy, signs of the apocalypse or similar rot, so to avoid future issues and make sure Mortal-kind didn't go off the deep end, certain Mortals who had the wisdom, the grace and the empathy to serve as mediators for the Powers and mortals were elevated to an Immortal life-form, altered to be more open to the Powers influences without completely erasing their Mortal natures.

Small spoiler warning? It was a work-in-progress and many of the existing Immortals 'inherited' their portfolios from the previous generation, who did not have a good time on the job, shall we say?

Amongst every Sentient, Sapient race that is part of the 'Plan', a few hundred individuals are born every generation that have the biological requirements to potentially evolve into an Immortal. For those races, there's specific 'clues' that those in the know can look for and then decide if the individual in question has the personality traits that will make them a worthy addition to the Immortals of Equiss.

Most of the time, the answer is 'no' and these individuals go through life completely unaware of their potential.

Amongst Equines, specifically the Ponies, the clearest 'clue' is being born a hybrid of two of the Tribes, which is normally biologically impossible. Unicorn and Pegasus gives the vanishingly rare 'Royal' Pegicorns, Unicorn and Earth Pony gives rise to Hybrids like Twilight Sparkle who are strangely athletically gifted despite being Unicorns, Pegasus and Thestral give rise to Thestrals with feathered wings, considered ill-omens by both Tribes, and Luna was one of these, Thestral and Earth Pony tends to make massive, bulky combatants, Thestral and Unicorn creates the dreaded 'Vampony' even though their dietary needs are no different from both Unicorns and Thestrals and Pegasus and Earth Pony can give rise to something altogether strange and unique.

Twilight is Earth Pony/Unicorn.
Cadence is Unicorn/Pegasus.
Luna is Pegasus/Thestral.
Celestia is of an ancient breed that predates Ponykind and thus does not fit into the mold the others were made from.
And any future Princesses or Princes will be either Thestral/Earth Pony, Pegasus/Earth Pony, or Unicorn/Thestral.

It was how Celestia 'picked' Twilight as her Royal Student, much as many of the Royal Students of the past were picked: Not just their magical potential or singular gifts from their Cutie Marks, but their hidden dual nature that Celestia, being as old and attentive to such things as she is, immediately picked up on and took them under her literal and metaphorical wing in an effort to make sure certain prophecies come true, at any cost.

Yes, but haven't Velvet and Night Light both appeared in story? As Unicorns?

It's been a while since their last interlude but I'd swear they were both not in a herd and both horn-bearing.

9857606
The Powers do not care about such things. As far as the Powers are concerned, the tribe of a pony's parents are irreverent, save for what the mutation would be based off of.

For example, based on the information given, I am almost certain that Scootaloo is actually a winged Earth Pony, also known as a Earth Pony/ Pegasus hybrid, and not a stunted Pegasus as everyone who knows her seems to think.

<3 love this universe... this story...
you truly have to be a genius to simply think something like this up
<3 love it!

Ah’m beginnin’ to see why Twi’s so peeved ‘bout all’a this nonsense. Jus’ how much did the Princess not tell us ‘bout our role in things? Ah’ve been runnin’ ‘round on potentially lethal adventures, an’ she’s got that fancy gold armor jus’ rustin’ in her vaults? The thoughts came hot and furious now. Mah family’s served, ah’ve served as a Bearer, but we’re all jus’ … disposable? Tools to keep her country safe? After everythin’, tha’s all we are, jus’ pawns bein’ moved ‘cross the board while she sits on a golden throne an’ don’t use all that power to save anyone?

Well, isn't that your job?
Also saving Equestria, like, patriotism, isn't that what being the elements of Harmony is about? Hm.
Like, it was obvious you were pawns when Celestia first gave you the "elements of Harmony" status, right...?

“I am not sure how one could breed with a Dragon and survive …” Twilight muttered, her subconscious being extremely unhelpful and providing images of Spike in his greed-sized form trying to copulate with a tiny, squeaking Rarity in a much-abused wedding dress.

Ooooh sister
You are in for a surprise

9857606
Okay, so the way genetics works is: yes, white people can give birth to black folks, as rare as that is. That is just an example. If there's enough black heritage in that white person's family, it's possible their children will be black.
Now, both of Twilight's parents are Unicorns. Great, fantastic, but what about her ancestors? Her Earth Pony genes might have been stagnant throughout most of her ancestors' history only to be awakened within her. So, it really doesn't matter what race her parents are if their ancestors might have been earth ponies or interspecies couples.

9857748

9857606
This is also an acceptable and canon to this universe explanation. Either way, if you try to explain it through genetics or the Powers, it doesn't really matter, it just happened.

Aaaah, so good. I really enjoy your stories. So fascinating and so bucking hilarious! I can't wait to see the events that are coming in this story, especially Cadance and Shiny finally getting there.

Heh, good thing the Crusaders are on birth control.

9858688
I don't know. Some ficts have stated that dragon seed could survive inside a female's womb for months. Depending on how the author decides to go they could still get pregnant.

Assuming, of course, that the birth control methods could stop a dragon/pony hybrid embryo from attaching to the womb.

Also:

Spike grunted, limbs trembling as he struggled to not fall down on-top of Scootaloo.

Fifteen times.

For each of them.
If he didn’t have draconic vitality, Spike was fairly certain he would have died hours ago, and as things stood right now, that sounded like a mercy. Everything hurt, especially the Spike Special

“Same time tomorrow, Spike?”

“Can’t we just cuddle, dammit?”

Three mares all grinned back at him.

“No!”

I see that the crusaders themselves are unintentionally putting the screws to Spike for his loss of control.

I asked barbecue the first thought most people are going to have on reading that Twilight is a hybrid is "Did Velvet cheat on Night Light and I missed that? Was she adopted and I missed that? What plot point did I miss/forget?" and not "Oh, we just never told you before".

9857456
Great to see more of this! :raritystarry:

But, by your definition,... Sunset can now be considered a Thestral/Unicorn Hybrid! :pinkiegasp:

Anxiously awaiting the next chapter! :twilightsmile:

Soooooo just saying but why hasn't twilight freaked at the very point that kindness might have alot of descendants after the revaluation they can have kids? Or was she still in her magical pony form and not flesh and blood like honesty was

*reads the beginning description* ah so the usual

9858811
Nope they did say before, and it wasn't anything to do with cheating either it's just a quirk of magic/the powers/genetics essentially, Twilight is a chosen one.

Ugh... Cant wait for next update

As much I would very much like an update to this story, the author's lack of activity on this site during current events has left me concerned. I do hope the author is okay.

As stated by others, hoping the author is okay. Been thinking about these stories recently and the lack of activity of any sort I can see likewise leaves me concerned.

I really hope this hasn't been cancelled. This is a wonderful story and I'd love to read more!

bb come back D:

Looking at the words rn...

THIS HAS LESS CHAPTERS, YET MORE WORDS THAN AUSTRAEOH OR (some) OF THE AUSTRAEOH BOOKS? EHUHHH?

I'm in for a treat when I begin reading it...

yo ya still alive?

Login or register to comment