• Published 8th Sep 2022
  • 1,115 Views, 56 Comments

Life as a Sonic OC Redux - Kitsulestia

  • ...
58
 56
 1,115

PreviousChapters Next
Secrets and Lies

*Applejack's POV*


Strangely, I was brought here to the Fire Temple by Rei and Danyelle with Teermakus, Soulfire, Diddy Kong, Knuckles, Falco, Kenshi, Johnny Cage and Kung Lao, meeting up with Liu Kang as we saw a portrait of some flimflammer-now-sorcerer Shang Tsung.

Kenshi asks "So we find him in Outworld and bring him here for questioning?"

Liu Kang spoke "Yes. If what I fear has happened, he is a grave threat to the realms."

Kenshi asks "*Rolls up paper portrait* Anything else?"

Liu Kang spoke "Shang Tsung is a master of deceit. Do not trust a word he utters."

Johnny spoke "Sounds a lot like my first agent."

Sonic pops up with his grandfather.

Sonic spoke "Thought you would need some extra help."

Rei spoke "Bad idea, Sonic."

Sonic asks "What?"

Kenshi spoke "It’s a tricky mission. I’d rather Raiden, Sonic or Shirou go along than this one."

Johnny spoke "Hey! “This one” is up for the job."

Liu Kang spoke "This mission must be done quietly. I am breaking my word with Empress Sindel by sending you into Outworld without her knowledge. Due to the Tournament, Raiden, the other champions who won, and the royalty that visited are now familiar faces there. Sending him, Sonic or Shirou will only increase your risk of being discovered."

Danyelle spoke "They know my normal form but I can disguise myself as someone else."

Rei spoke "Danyelle, there may be those that can sense magic and see through your disguise."

Liu Kang spoke "*Brings out a compass with a glowing needle* This talisman is attuned to Shang Tsung’s chi. *Gives Kenshi the compass* Follow it to him. And be careful. May the Elder Gods protect you."

Danyelle spoke "Well crap..."

Nazuna soon arrives.

Nazuna spoke "They don't know me though so I'll go."

Later, we were walking through canyon areas with flashlights.

Johnny asks "Ugh… Are we there yet?"

Kenshi asks "Again? How old are you, five?"

Johnny spoke "What can I say? These boots weren’t made for walking."

Kung Lao spoke "If that is the most pain you feel today, consider yourself lucky."

Danyelle was invisible as she was in a Latias form.

Danyelle whispers "Careful guys, I hear voices up ahead."

Soulfire spoke "*Facepalm!* Rei was trying to warn you, Danyelle."

Johnny spoke "Oh, I'm already lucky. I've got Sento strapped to my back."

Kenshi spoke "I will reclaim it, Cage."

Johnny spoke "Got three million? It's yours."

Kenshi spoke "You know I don't have it."

Johnny spoke "I bet your Yakuza pals could come up with it. Oh, that's right, you blew 'em off. If there's one lesson Hollywood's taught me, it's never burn bridges. You never know who can help."

Kenshi spoke "*Stops before facing Johnny* The Yakuza are leeches, bleeding out those too weak to resist. I grew up in that life and I never understood it. Why my gain required others' pain. I got out. I need my clan out, too. We can't be part of their crimes any longer."

Danyelle groans "StarClan's sake Soulfire, I can't ignore a map summon."

Knuckles spoke "The map usually calls for friendship problems, but this is something serious."

Teermakus asks "This place is familiar, but how?"

The talisman was still reacting as we kept moving forward before seeing something from the position we were in as we turned off our flashlights.

Danyelle spoke "I have a bad feeling about this you guys...."

But when we looked down, we saw Edenian guards cornering a group of what looks like Tarkatans.

Johnny: *Holding a phone* What's your precious say?"

Kenshi spoke "That Shang Tsung is among those... things."

Teermakus spoke "This is... No wonder the place seemed so familiar.

Johnny spoke "Oh, my fans are gonna go nuts cosplaying them at CageCon."

Falco spoke "*Sees someone coming* Got bigger fish to fry right now, Cage."

We saw two guards bringing out a Tarkatan with his arms tied behind his back while someone else arrived.

The Male Outworlder spoke "Hold him still. If he squirms *Brings out syringe* I cannot extract marrow."

Kung Lao spoke "That's Shang Tsung."

Johnny spoke "Let's jump him after he's done. *Gasp!* In "Fists of Iron" we did this thing where like-"

Kenshi spoke "We're not basing strategies on your movies, Cage."

The Tarkatan snarls "Let me go! You can't do this!"

One of the guards holding him kicked him behind the legs, bringing the Tarkatan to his knees as Teermakus silently gasped.

Shang Tsung spoke "The wound will heal in time. It is a small price to pay for progress."

Shang Tsung pierced the syringe into the back of the Tarkatan's neck, making him scream in pain as he extracted what look like bone marrow.

Teermakus spoke "Brother... No wonder this was familiar. This the Tarkatan Colony, which means we're in the wastes."

But then the Tarkatan broke free and killed the two guards holding him before he began to fight Shang Tsung as the other guards fought the rest of the Tarkatans.

Diddy spoke "Uh-oh."

Johnny spoke "*As the Tarkatan started gaining the upper hand* On second thought, this scene's playing fine without us. *Yawn* Yeah, I say we let 'em finish it."

Kenshi spoke "We have to save Shang Tsung. Liu Kang needs him alive."

Nazuna spoke "Danyelle, please stay hidden, we'll be alright."

Danyelle spoke "...Okay."

We went down the cliffside and stopped the Tarkatan as he was about to finish Shang Tsung. But our intervention allowed him to shapeshift into the form of a Tarkatan before disappearing among the oncoming crowd of Tarkatans.

Johnny asks "How did he do that?!"

Teermakus spoke "Kenshi, Applejack and I will handle him, the rest of you hold off the others."

Nazuna spoke "Okay."

The Tarkatan spoke "I would've killed him, but for you!"

Kenshi spoke "I get why you want to, but you can't."

The Tarkatan spoke "*Growl!* You're his minions! *Extends arm blades* You'll die in his place!"

The three of us started fighting the Tarkatan with Johnny, Diddy and Knuckles helping out a few times as we soon managed to knock him down.

Kenshi spoke "We haven't stopped him. We've just made him angry."

"Better take this bull by the horns." I noted.

Teermakus spoke "It seems I may have to get serious."

We continued fighting the Tarkatan before we soon knocked him down again with some help from Knuckles, Johnny and Diddy Kong.

Kenshi spoke "*Sheaths sword* Now please. Let us explain."

We then found ourselves surrounded.

Johnny asks "You got us into this. How about getting us out?"

Kenshi spoke "I know what this looks like, but we don't work for Shang Tsung."

The Tarkatan asks "If not, why save him?"

Kenshi spoke "Because Liu Kang, Earthrealm's Protector, wants to question him. He thinks Shang Tsung may be a threat to all our realms. *Offers hand* I'm Kenshi Takahashi."

The Tarkatan spoke "Our kind do not shake hands."

Kenshi spoke "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend."

Teermakus spoke "Of course you didn't, but there's a good reason. All the Tarkatans here are victims of Tarkat."

The Tarkatan spoke "Indeed, the disease is not easily gotten, but you can't risk more close exposure."

Johnny wiped his hands off at that.

The Tarkatan asks "Hmm? Teermakus? Is that you?"

Teermakus spoke "Yes. *Shifts into his Tarkatan form* I share your affliction, brother."

Kung Lao asks "Wait, so you weren't always like this?"

The Tarkatan spoke "I was once a rich merchant. But when I became ill, I was banished. Now I run this colony. I am Baraka."

Danyelle was forced out of her Latias form as she got thrown to the ground.

Danyelle spoke "Ow..."

"Oh fer Pete's sake..." I facepalmed.

Baraka spoke "Do not think being invisible will allow you to escape our sense of smell."

Danyelle spoke "Okay, I admit that I might've made the wrong call coming here."

Out of nowhere, a tranq dart hits Danyelle right in the back where her scar was.

Danyelle yelps "Son of a bitch!"

The now woozy nekomata was soon out like a light.

A warp ring opened up before Meau floated out of it.

Meau asks "What in Arcee's name is going on here?"

“Danyelle got hit with a tranq dart.” I answered as Meau picked Danyelle up.

Meau spoke "One of the Mew sensed something had happened so I had to come have a look."

Nazuna spoke "Well, be careful."

Meau spoke "I will. *Goes through the Warp Ring with Danyelle before it vanished*"

Kenshi asks "What does Shang Tsung want with your bone marrow, Baraka?"

Baraka spoke "I don’t know. But he comes here each month to harvest it."

Kenshi spoke "Release us and we’ll capture Shang Tsung. And we’ll find out why he’s been coming here, I promise.

I decided ta back Kenshi up.

A different Ancient Mew pops up out of my shadow, startling Baraka a bit.

The glitch-type Poké-Mobian spoke "Name’s Noe."

“Anywho, you have our word that we’re find Shang Tsung.” I assured.

Baraka spoke "Let them go."

Kenshi spoke "Thank you. We won’t let you down. *Looks at compass, now broken* Damn. This was guiding us to Shang Tsung. Now we can’t find him."

Baraka spoke "His laboratory is near. I’ll take you."

We walked, later seeing the laboratory in sight.

Johnny asks "Any idea what to expect?"

Baraka spoke "No, I’ve never been inside."

Kenshi spoke "You and Teermakus stay here. We’ll check it out."

Teermakus spoke "*Smile* I understand."

Noe spoke "I'll go inside first."

The glitch Poké-Mobian vanished into the shadows before heading inside the lab.

Nazuna spoke "I think it's easier if we wait until the glitch comes back out."


*Noe's POV*


I keep hidden in the shadows as I listen to Shang Tsung.

Sensing that I was about to get grabbed, I swiftly moved to a different hiding spot thus dodging the monster.

I spoke via telepathy with Baraka "{Sir, he's making something nasty... I nearly got grabbed by a monster... No, a homunculus.}"

To be honest, I couldn't tell for sure, but then I saw Shang Tsung talking to Tanya and Rain with Mileena on an operating chair before I saw Applejack, Soulfire, Diddy Kong, Knuckles, Falco, Nazuna, Kenshi, Johnny Cage and Kung Lao sneaking up the stairs when I just noticed the place.

Shang Tsung spoke "The addition of crushed Kytinn larvae proved an inspired choice. In testing, outcomes improved significantly. I have modified the formula since the last time it was administered. It uses several new ingredients. This new serum is exactly what we need. Its effects will be immediate and long-lasting.

Rain: How can you be sure?

Shang Tsung spoke "Because it is brewed from freshly extracted Tarkatan marrow. It couldn't be more potent.

I sensed the irregular again. I wish you guys good luck. *Vanishes to deal with unknown enemies*


*Applejack's POV*


Glad Noe told Baraka to relay his message to us, 'cause it looks like Shang Tsung's plannin' something fer Mileena.

Kung Lao spoke "He is infecting Mileena with Tarkat."

Falco spoke "Really now? Talk about a coincidence."

Johnny spoke "And he's got two of Sindel's top dogs in on it. No wonder Liu Kang is worried about this guy."

Knuckles spoke "Yeah, you're telling me."

Kenshi spoke "We need to stop him."

"But how?" I wondered.

Johnny spoke "Save a distressed damsel? Sure thing."

Nazuna spoke "Well, let's do this."

We then revealed ourselves, ready to stop whatever's goin' on.

Kenshi spoke "Get away from her!"

Johnny spoke "*Eyeing Tanya* You bitch!"

Kung Lao asks "*As Diddy had his ears covered, hearing no evil* Excuse me?!"

Johnny asks "You know, the movie: tiny girl, ginormous alien, *Imitates a little girl* Ripley! No? Seriously?"

"Johnny, now's ain't the time for stuff like that!" I deadpanned.

Rain asks "Otherrealmers?! How did they find us?"

Tanya spoke "They've already seen too much."

Tanya started fighting Johnny, Kung Lao, Knuckles, Falco, Diddy and Soulfire while Kenshi, Nazuna and I attacked Shang Tsung, knocking him toward a wall and sending the syringe out of his hands as it broke against the floor.

Shang Tsung spoke "I need time. Buy it for me."

Rain then confronted the three of us. "Liu Kang and the other leaders sent you all, didn't they? Sent you to learn our secrets!"

Kenshi spoke "They sent us here for Shang Tsung. *Draws sword* But it looks like he's just part of the problem."

"We're gonna have ta get rough." I noted, readyin' my fists.

Nazuna spoke "*Readies for battle* Let's see what you're made of."

The three of us then started fighting Rain with some help from Johnny, Diddy and Knuckles as our opponent had some help from Tanya before we managed to knock him down.

Rain spoke "*Gets back up* Think you've won? We are just getting started."

We then fought Rain again with some help from out three friends from earlier as Tanya helped Rain a bit too before he managed to get a few dang good blows on us with his hydromancy, with some electricity too. But we managed to beat Rain.

Kenshi spoke "The High Mage is brought low. *Sheaths sword*"

Tanya managed to knock the others down before Kenshi, Nazuna and I managed to throw her back.

Kenshi spoke "I thought Umgadi were loyal to the royal house. *Draws sword* Yet here you are, scheming against the princess."

"Has me disappointed, seein' that you were honest." I admitted.

Tanya spoke "You trespass in Outworld, interfere in imperial matters. It is you, not I, who is the schemer here."

The three of us fought Tanya as we soon knocked her down.

Kenshi spoke "*As Tanya got up* Your plot ends here, Umgadi."

Nazuna spoke "Get up, we're not done yet."

We fought Tanya again as we soon managed to defeat her.

Kenshi spoke "Your plot is over."

Our friends picked themselves back up, feelin' alright as Kenshi pointed his sword at Shang Tsung.

"Lay your hands off that table if ya know what's good fer ya." I growled.

Shang Tsung spoke "This is twice you've been a thorn in my side. You otherrealmers do have unhealthy habits."

Soulfire spoke "Didn't you hear Applejack? You're not inflicting Tarkat onto Mileena."

Shang Tsung spoke "I am trying to protect her, not infect her."

Kenshi spoke "We've heard about how you lie. Excuse us if we're skeptical. Cover him."

Noe soon returned with a blood-stained mouth since he had eaten an anomaly.

Noe asks "What did I miss?"

Knuckles spoke "Plenty."

Kenshi and I went to Mileena as she started waking up.

Kenshi asks "Princess, are you alright?"

Mileena asks "Ugh… Is it over?"

“You’re safe right now, so it is. We stopped Shang Tsung.” I answered.

Mileena asks "*Confused and scared* Stopped him? Why?!"

But then Mileena’s eyes started changing as she twitched and snarled.

Kenshi asks "Princess! Princess, what’s wrong? *As Mileena snapped free of her left arm restraint*"

Kung Lao asks "What did you do to her?!"

Shang Tsung spoke "It’s what you’ve done, fool! Let me help her, before it’s too late."

Mileena roared in pain as her mouth changed and teeth sharpened before she sat up and hissed with a double split lower jaw while snapping her other arm restraint, slowly moving towards us.

Noe hissed loudly.

Shang Tsung asks "Now do you believe, otherrealmers?"

Kenshi asks "What do we do?"

Shang Tsung spoke "Keep her occupied. I need time to finish more serum."

Kenshi asks "Johnny! Diddy! Knuckles! A hand?"

Knuckles spoke "Right!"

Johnny asks "We got pages for this? Or are we winging it?"

Kenshi spoke "Whatever we do, we can’t hurt her."

Johnny spoke "Her? I’m worried about us."

Mileena slashed with her claws, landing some cuts on the three.

Nazuna spoke "Princess! Please calm down, and let us help."

Mileena spoke "Your blood… *Sniff!* I smell it. How sweet it will be to lick off my fingers."

Kenshi, Nazuna and I fought Mileena before we soon managed to knock her down.

Mileena spoke "*Getting up* Don’t deny me your flesh. I must feed."

We fought Mileena again with Johnny, Diddy and Knuckles help as we defeated her.

Kenshi spoke "*Sheaths sword* Johnny! Kung Lao! Help hold her down!"

The two did that as Mileena struggled.

“Whatever it is you’re doing, Shang Tsung, do it!” I urged as Shang Tsung put the serum into the syringe before Mileena broke free as she was about to attack Johnny. But Kenshi managed to stop her before he was pushed back as Mileena grabbed a pair of sais and stabbed him right in the eyes, making him scream in pain.

Johnny spoke "Kenshi!"

Mileena took the blades out and was about to strike again before Shang Tsung pierced the syringe into the left side of her neck and injected the serum, causing her eyes and mouth to revert back to normal as she fell unconscious.

Zoey suddenly pops up before using healing magic to reverse the damage to Kenshi's eyes.

Zoey spoke "That was bloody close!"

Zoey heals the injures on the others.

Zoey spoke "*As Kenshi fell unconscious from the treatment* From the looks of things, his eyes were gouged out. Glad I got here in time."

But then we heard doors open as we heard Kitana's voice. "By the gods! Mileena!"

Kitana came in with Goro, General Shao and a few other soldiers.

Noe spoke "Looks like my work here's done. *Teleports outta here*"

Kitana asks "What's happened here, sorcerer?!"

Shang Tsung spoke "This group was sent to disrupt your sister's treatment and scandalize Outworld by revealing her illness."

Johnny spoke "What?! That's totally fake news! Princess, we were-"

But then everyone in the group here were knocked unconscious, even Zoey before I felt somethin' hit my head hard, makin' me seeing black, fallin' unconscious too...


To be continued...

PreviousChapters Next